Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2009, 9:25 am

Programs: AA Platinum & a bunch of hotel statuses
thanks for helping me waste my afternoon

LOL, now I won't be at all productive
Old Nov 11, 2009, 9:28 am

Programs: AA-EXP, DL, Hyatt-Plat, HHonors Gold, SPG
Originally Posted by nbevan
One constraint of this app is that it cannot be used offline. For those of us in Europe who do not want to pay for data roaming, it makes it less useful, as most of our travel is international, but we cannot use the app when outside our country.
I am not certain if it's an AT&T benefit or an Apple benefit, but iPhones have free wifi service through any Starbucks location worldwide. Just browse for the right Starbucks ssid on your wifi list and iPhone should do the rest. This is helpful when traveling internationally. You can use the Skype app this way too.
Old Nov 11, 2009, 9:38 am

Originally Posted by Richm31NY
I am not certain if it's an AT&T benefit or an Apple benefit, but iPhones have free wifi service through any Starbucks location worldwide. Just browse for the right Starbucks ssid on your wifi list and iPhone should do the rest. This is helpful when traveling internationally. You can use the Skype app this way too.
Hmm, I'll have to check this out. I'm a bit skeptical of your claim.
Old Nov 11, 2009, 10:02 am

I read about this too, but haven't had a chance to test it out. It's an AT&T thing for users with an iPhone data plan, or that's what I read.
Old Nov 11, 2009, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Richm31NY
It's absolutely true in the U.S. (it's an AT&T benefit). I think I was able to get it to work in Canada, but not without some issues. They don't have AT&T hotspots there so it's not quite as seamless. Not sure about elsewhere.
Old Nov 11, 2009, 3:55 pm

Programs: AA PLT, DL GLD, HHonors Diamond, Priority Club PLT, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Doghound
Yes it is. In fact, the oneworld plane with a JL logo is the splash screen
it is my favorite paint/design for any airline. As i have said before in other posts, i would love AA's livery with this exact same design (of course with AA's logo/name).
Old Nov 15, 2009, 8:46 am

Programs: AC*50K, IHG Platinum, Accor Gold, Bonvoy Gold
In Canada, you have to type in your starbucks refill card number and then your granted access (for any phone/computer). It's run by Bell.
Old Mar 31, 2010, 10:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

http://m.oneworld.com doesn't require any downloading and updating. From what I can tell, the app doesn't work offline, so it offers no benefits over the mobile site.

Oh, and as far as Starbucks and wi-fi: AT&T auto-authenticates iPhones with AT&T service on its Wi-Fi hotspots, SSID attwifi, and has nothing to do with Starbucks; however, all Starbucks in the US have AT&T Wi-Fi, as well as many McDonald's and hundreds of other locations as listed at http://www.att.com/gen/general?pid=13540 (select "Basic"; "Premier" are roaming locations where the iPhone with an AT&T subscription is not authorized).

Last edited by hillrider; Mar 31, 2010 at 10:25 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.