AAdvantage E-Shopping 2009 Holiday Bonus / New Web Portal

Old Nov 1, 2009, 10:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Enough to Cause a Migraine
Unhappy No AAdvantage E-Shopping Holiday Bonus This Year?

In 2008, the AAdvantage EShopping Holiday Bonus for using a Mastercard started on 11/1/08, and ended on 12/31/08.

Obviously it's the weekend, so perhaps the staff @ AAdvantage Eshopping was waiting to post the promo on the first weekday of November.... or perhaps The AAdvantage Eshopping Portal will have a later start date this year?

With the continued downturn in the economy, one would think that AAdvantage Eshopping would start the promotion as early as possible.

Heck, United's online shopping portal started their Holiday bonus in October this year!

Anyone here have the scoop as to whether this promotion will happen again this year?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MODERATOR'S NOTE

Originally Posted by ssafro1
Here is the number for direct Eshopping.
<snip>
877-575-3167
For the 2010 thread, see:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...day-bonus.html

dstan
AA Forum Co-Moderator

Last edited by dstan; Nov 12, 2010 at 11:41 am Reason: updated thread title and restored OP title
Old Nov 2, 2009, 12:53 am

Programs: AA Bonsai EXP (2.9 MM), AS MVPG
www.aadvantageeshopping.com is dead right now...
Old Nov 2, 2009, 5:28 am

Programs: AA PLT 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Max M
In 2008, the AAdvantage EShopping Holiday Bonus for using a Mastercard started on 11/1/08, and ended on 12/31/08.

Anyone here have the scoop as to whether this promotion will happen again this year?
It appears they are doing it provided you have $250 in purchases now through 12/31/09. This promotion also includes double miles at Macy's, Piperlime, and several others. The website was likely down as they have completely changed the format.

http://www.aadvantageeshopping.com/double-miles.aspx
Old Nov 2, 2009, 7:03 am

Programs: AA, AS, Hyatt
Cool, looks like they're adopting a more iDine approach to the miles earning process:

Now you register cards with the program and will earn miles when you shop the retailers and use those cards. Seems you don't have to click through to links to get the points.

I wonder if this will work at brick and mortar as well as the e-faces of each retailer?
Old Nov 2, 2009, 7:26 am

Programs: AA LT G (1MM);DL G, UA GM
Originally Posted by imagineertobe
Cool, looks like they're adopting a more iDine approach to the miles earning process:

Now you register cards with the program and will earn miles when you shop the retailers and use those cards. Seems you don't have to click through to links to get the points.

I wonder if this will work at brick and mortar as well as the e-faces of each retailer?
The fine print includes:

Online purchase awards only valid when you make a qualifying purchase via a valid link on www.aadvantageeshopping.com.*
Old Nov 2, 2009, 7:32 am

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
Originally Posted by imagineertobe

Hmmm... Need to register your cards? Don't see that requirement anywhere...
Old Nov 2, 2009, 7:35 am

Originally Posted by Fornebufox
The fine print includes:

Online purchase awards only valid when you make a qualifying purchase via a valid link on www.aadvantageeshopping.com
Originally Posted by pkerr
Hmmm... Need to register your cards? Don't see that requirement anywhere...
New part to the program. For new accounts, they're making you add a card to your profile. Then if you shop at a currently small list of brick and mortar places, you'll still earn miles.
Old Nov 2, 2009, 8:02 am

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
I would hesitate providing any card info at that site until their certificate comes up as valid. Currently the site comes up as invalid and also warns of potential identity theft when you attempt to accept the certificate:

www.aadvantageeshopping.com uses an invalid security certificate.

Last edited by aaupgrade; Nov 2, 2009 at 8:09 am
Old Nov 2, 2009, 8:15 am

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
Ahhh... For NEW accounts. Then for the rest of us the program continues on just like always.
Old Nov 2, 2009, 8:29 am

Programs: AA EXP, BAEC Bronze, DL Plat UA, HHonors Platinum, SPG Gold, Hyatt
It looks like the online offers are as usual, but there are retail stores that you can earn at, if you use a registered credit/debit card. ^It's a limited list so far:
1-800-FLOWERS.COM
6 miles per dollar

Ballard Designs
2 miles per dollar

Golfsmith
1 mile per dollar

Great American Days
3 miles per dollar

Hammacher Schlemmer
1 mile per dollar

JC Whitney
3 miles per dollar

Jos. A. Bank
2 miles per dollar

M&J Trimming
2 miles per dollar

Moosejaw
2 miles per dollar

Plow and Hearth
3 miles per dollar

Sally Beauty
2 miles per dollar

Sunglass Hut
4 miles per dollar
Old Nov 2, 2009, 8:41 am

Programs: AA EXP, BAEC Bronze, DL Plat UA, HHonors Platinum, SPG Gold, Hyatt
I wonder if this new card registration process is the reason that iDine (rewards network) has not yet included AA in their mobile application--I'm completely speculating here, but might AA sort of merge the functionalities?
Old Nov 2, 2009, 8:45 am

Programs: AA PLT
Tried signing in, didn't work, said there was a problem with my AA #.

Tried to sign up for a new acct and says there is a problem with my AA #.

Double triple quad checked, it's not wrong.
Old Nov 2, 2009, 8:49 am

Programs: AAdvantage 2 million, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Joka
Tried signing in, didn't work, said there was a problem with my AA #.

Tried to sign up for a new acct and says there is a problem with my AA #.

Double triple quad checked, it's not wrong.
User ID = AA #, password = email address. Existing members use their email address for the password, then you are prompted to change the password.

Parts of the site keep dying this morning as they make the changes.
Old Nov 2, 2009, 8:55 am

Programs: AA Gold/1MM
Darn..I bought a printer online last night at target and yesterday they were only giving 2 miles a dollar. They've increased it to 4 miles a dollar.
They've seemed to have increased the miles per dollar for a few online retailers.
Old Nov 2, 2009, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by aaupgrade
I would hesitate providing any card info at that site until their certificate comes up as valid. Currently the site comes up as invalid and also warns of potential identity theft when you attempt to accept the certificate:
Looks like the issue is a host name mismatch, not an expiry. If you connect to https://aadvantageeshopping.com/ (without the www), does the certificate validate?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.