New Miami / MIA check-in, security opened Nov 3 2009

Old Jan 27, 2010, 8:08 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by denCSA
In the mail today I received this strange pamphlet from AA since I had changed my address in my profile. It has a map of MIA in its soon to be completed form:

Sorry about the image quality. Kind of bizarre as it shows C concourse still open. But it does show the location of the new AC in the A pier, as well as where the BA Lounge will be located. It's also missing half of the D gates on the North side. But anyways, the AA.com page still hasn't been updated with this
This not new.... it is in fact very, very very old.

There were/are both an AC and a BA Terraces in located in concourse A before it was "temporarily" closed to facilitate construction in the old B AND c area. When that area reopens it will no longer be designated "A" in fact the entire AA North Terminal will be known as concourse D.
In addition E will no longer exist... it will be demolished

mike
Old Jan 27, 2010, 8:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, F9 Elite, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by MIKESILV
This not new.... it is in fact very, very very old.

There were/are both an AC and a BA Terraces in located in concourse A before it was "temporarily" closed to facilitate construction in the old B AND c area. When that area reopens it will no longer be designated "A" in fact the entire AA North Terminal will be known as concourse D.
In addition E will no longer exist... it will be demolished

mike
Weird, I thought it might be old, but the whole pamphlet talks about Priority AAccess and the new lobby, so I figured it was new. Oh well
Old Jan 27, 2010, 10:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
Originally Posted by denCSA
In the mail today I received this strange pamphlet from AA since I had changed my address in my profile. It has a map of MIA in its soon to be completed form:

Sorry about the image quality. Kind of bizarre as it shows C concourse still open. But it does show the location of the new AC in the A pier, as well as where the BA Lounge will be located. It's also missing half of the D gates on the North side. But anyways, the AA.com page still hasn't been updated with this
That is an old map, but when the A portion re-opens, the AC and BA lounges will also re-open at those locations.

A new Flagship Lounge is also being built.
Old Jan 28, 2010, 6:45 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Originally Posted by gamehendge2000
Was in Miami and security was a zoo. Apparently they don't open the priority access line until 6am. Got there at 5:30, waited in line 30 mins - was stuck halfway in the security line when the finally opened priority line.
This I don't understand at all. With the number of early departures, including connections from SA, what is up with this. And of course when it does open at 530AM its a zoo. Not sure why AA does not put pressure on having Security open around 430AM to 5AM like at most other major airports. If you want to grab a shower and you have a connection before 7AM you are pretty much s...d, or even if you want to spend anytime in the AC before an early flight.
Old Jan 28, 2010, 8:45 pm

Security in the early morning is always a mess. Seems like they have fewer TSA staff at that time and so lines are much longer. Often does not make sense to go to the priority area since that line is just as long as the regular line.

Also, one cannot walk from D to E inside the concourse. They roped off the concourse so one have to walk outside and among the construction.
Old Jan 28, 2010, 8:47 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by qazw1
Also, one cannot walk from D to E inside the concourse. They roped off the concourse so one have to walk outside and among the construction.
Concourse D and Concourse E are most definitely connected airside. All of D&E are in the same sterile area.
Old Jan 28, 2010, 9:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM
Originally Posted by HNL
Concourse D and Concourse E are most definitely connected airside.
With some of the ugliest carpet one will probably ever see in an airport. Try not to get run over by the plethora of geriatric-laden electric carts.
Old Jan 29, 2010, 2:52 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
My second trip in the new layout on Mia-Lax 777.

Priority Security line moved reasonabley well. Let's me out right by my gate, gate 23.

But the AA club is at gate 30 or so, and it's the longest 7 gates imaginable. I told myself to be positive, I could use the excercise. By the time I got to the AC, I was cranky. At a reasonably quick pace, 8-10 minutes each way. Basically if I have an hour before flight when I get through security, and want to board 20 minutes prior, I have about 20 minutes at the AC.

Not worth the schlepp for a free espresso (no newspapers in Engish available).
Old Jan 29, 2010, 9:47 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
D-E walkway

Originally Posted by KtownTraveler
With some of the ugliest carpet one will probably ever see in an airport. Try not to get run over by the plethora of geriatric-laden electric carts.
Although the kids' artwork on the walls is somewhat interesting. Somewhat.
Old Jan 31, 2010, 11:06 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton and Wyndham Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Delta Plat, United Silver, Hertz PC
I noticed that in the last month they have swapped side for the Priority and regular access lines. A great move, as before the Priority line had the employee and handicapped feeding into it. It appears to move faster now. On a side note, on this trip I was 2 for 2 on the full body scan, I guess my timing was bad!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.