Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Help! AA agent unable to find CX award seat I could see 27 Feb 2010

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2009, 8:17 pm
Original Poster

I want to book the following AA award ticket from Hongkong to Los Angeles, one-way business.

Feb 27 HKG - LAX, flight # CX880, Business Code U

I saw the award ticket is avaliable on cathaypacific's flight awards redeem website.
I've called 5 AAdvatange agents in the past two days, they all could NOT see the ticket for me.

What's the problem here? Is there a delay of more than two days for AA to see CX's award ticket?
Anyother website that I can find the available award ticket from CX?

Thanks a lot.

PS: The cathaypacific's flight awards redeem website which I found the ticket
https://www.cathaypacific.com/cpa/en...edemptionLogin
Old Oct 27, 2009, 9:25 pm

Wirelessly posted (Iphone.: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7C144 Safari/528.16)

I had the same issue. I remembered someone saying that sometimes agents could only see cx availability via native sabre. I told the agent this and she said she did not know native sabre. She asked another agent who knew native and sure enough, it was available!

So try asking the agent to try booking it via native sabre.
Old Oct 27, 2009, 10:40 pm
Original Poster

Thaks! I'm curious what is "Native Sabre"?
Old Oct 28, 2009, 11:14 am
Original Poster

I managed to speak to a suprvisor. She told me she were trained to use "native sabra". But after 1991, AA stopped using the "native sabra" & she could not access the "native nabra" anymore. She suggeste me to go to the airport to see if there is any agent there use "native sabra", but she also indcated agents there were not as exprienced as her. Horrible!
Old Oct 28, 2009, 11:33 am
In Memoriam

Programs: aa exp - spg gold - Hyatt Diamond - HH Gold
I guess what you are calling native sabre is what is commonly also called QUIKRES.

Discussions in the oneworld award sticky at the top of the page discuss that it is neccessary to use QUIKRES for RJ but I have never seen someone claiming it had to be used for CX

The link you provided is for a login page so can not see the availability that you claim. When I search using BAEC (another oneworld partner) there is no availability for 2/27 in business.

Perhaps this is an award that is only available for asiamiles but not the oneworld partners. Maybe someone else can confirm for another partner
Old Oct 28, 2009, 12:12 pm

Perhaps the title should be revised to award 'seat or availability' instead of ticket. I was concerned since I have a recently ticketed itinerary on CX. There have been a few instances from travellers in the OW forum whose 'ticket' was handled incorrectly by AA or CX and the confirmed space was lost.
Old Oct 28, 2009, 4:24 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3 MM+, BA (very) Blue, CO nobody
Originally Posted by magic111
Perhaps this is an award that is only available for asiamiles but not the oneworld partners. Maybe someone else can confirm for another partner
I would not be surprised if this was the case. In looking for U tickets SYD-LAX/SFO I could see as many as 4 award seats on QF site but AA agent could not see any. I suspect they were available for QF FF only - what a shock - AA FFs get shafted again by another OW "partner"!
Old Oct 28, 2009, 7:15 pm

Programs: Alaska MPVG75, AAdvantage PlatPro, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Paulchili
I would not be surprised if this was the case. In looking for U tickets SYD-LAX/SFO I could see as many as 4 award seats on QF site but AA agent could not see any. I suspect they were available for QF FF only - what a shock - AA FFs get shafted again by another OW "partner"!
I've always found that anything shown on QF's site is available as an AA award. Sometimes, I've had to prompt the agent to look harder, but it's always come up. I understand that some seats shown on Asiamiles are only available to CX frequent fliers, but my own experience is that Asiamiles availability has meant AA availability. I made 3 J reservations today to Indonesia, and everything I saw on CX was available from AA.
Old Oct 28, 2009, 7:31 pm
Suspended

Perhaps the OP has his dates mixed up...but I just checked the CX ( Asiamiles) site and there is nothing available on 2/27.... no wonder AA was unable to see it.

mike
Old Oct 28, 2009, 7:44 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by 25milesfromhome
Sometimes, I've had to prompt the agent to look harder...
How do they do that ?
Old Oct 28, 2009, 7:48 pm
Original Poster

Hi Mike,
Thanks for the reminder.
The seat is NOT avalialbe anymore. It was avaliable on CX website since Sunday until today morning. I called AA agent on Sunday, Monday, and today morning. They could not find the seat for me.

The CX website was maintained and updated today noon (I was not able to login during the 4-hour maintainence). Now they have added Feb 26, Feb 28 and removed Feb 27 ( U
class)

Last edited by milaohu; Oct 28, 2009 at 7:57 pm
Old Oct 28, 2009, 7:55 pm
Original Poster

Is the following route possible for a one-way ticket?
Feb 25 CSX-HKG, 11:30 - 13:15
Feb 26 HKG-LAX, 23:45 - 20:15
The transfer at HKG is more than 24 hours, which normally is not permitted.
But this is the shortest possible connection, as there is no flight CSX-HKG on Feb 26, and no seat HKG-LAX on Feb 25.
Old Oct 28, 2009, 8:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by milaohu
Is the following route possible for a one-way ticket?
Feb 25 CSX-HKG, 11:30 - 13:15
Feb 26 HKG-LAX, 23:45 - 20:15
The transfer at HKG is more than 24 hours, which normally is not permitted.
But this is the shortest possible connection, as there is no flight CSX-HKG on Feb 26, and no seat HKG-LAX on Feb 25.
The transit is not permitted. No availability in the allowed connection time does not make the "outside" one become permitted.
Old Oct 28, 2009, 9:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by milaohu
What's the problem here? Is there a delay of more than two days for AA to see CX's award ticket?
Anyother website that I can find the available award ticket from CX?
I don't think there is any delay with CX award inventory. I just booked an OW award for two yesterday with a few CX flights. I used BA.com to check availability and got all the flights I wanted after calling AA. No issue of not seeing the availability at all. In my past experiences, BA.com's CX availability is pretty reliable when redeeming AA miles.

However, today I was calling to change the date for one of the CX flights. BA.com showed availability but the first agent I called said none. Hung up and called right back. The second agent could see it right away. I can't really tell if it was competency or system problem.

Originally Posted by magic111
This would be my guess as well.
Old Oct 28, 2009, 9:22 pm
Suspended

There is availabiliity HKG/SFO on 2/26, 2/28, 2/29 however.

mike

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.