Questions regarding obtaining Gold Status

Old Oct 28, 2009, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mlm
One last question regarding this please....if I transfer Starwood points into AA account, they are still mine to use for future AA trips correct? I don't have to always maintain a 1M balance in my AA account.
You're allowed to spend the miles; you don't have to leave the miles in your account.

All that matters is that your program earnings total is one million or more.
Old Oct 28, 2009, 8:36 am

Programs: AA LT. GLD, DL, US
Originally Posted by mlm
One last question regarding this please....if I transfer Starwood points into AA account, they are still mine to use for future AA trips correct? I don't have to always maintain a 1M balance in my AA account.
Yes, the miles are yours to use. You do not need to maintain a million miles in your ff account. If you have a million miles I sugest you start using them.
Old Oct 28, 2009, 9:45 am

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
Originally Posted by DukeBBFan
Yes, the miles are yours to use. You do not need to maintain a million miles in your ff account. If you have a million miles I sugest you start using them.
In fact, you don't ever have to have a million miles in your account; all that matters is the "Program to date miles" counter.
Old Oct 28, 2009, 12:45 pm

Programs: AA Ex Platinum, Hillton Gold, Marriot Silver, United 2P
Originally Posted by mlm
Correct.

Are you saying you have almost 900k AA miles right now and you fly twice a year? Why don't you just go first class and not worry about it?
Old Oct 28, 2009, 1:27 pm
mlm
Original Poster

no, these are total miles earned during my lifetime from flying and credit card transfers into my AA account. Before retiring, I did fly often on business and accumulated them quickly as I was Platinum several years in a row.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.