BA First Lounge Access after AA Flight in First?

Old Oct 21, 2009, 8:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold
BA First Lounge Access after AA Flight in First?

We are flying into LHR T3 via AA in First Class from JFK. Our connecting flight is on BA Business from T5. Will we have access to the BA First Lounge in T5 having just flown AA First?
Old Oct 21, 2009, 8:46 am

Programs: UA GS, AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Titanium
you should do if you are flying first class on the inbound. Be sure to keep your boarding pass to show to the people at the entrance. They have 2 first class lounges in T5 - the concorde - reserved exclusively for those flying first class on BA - and the regular first class, mainly for O/W emerald. I think you will be able to use the latter, which is a very nice lounge. Definitely go for the Bollinger Grande Annee if you like champagne
Old Oct 21, 2009, 10:02 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, HH Diamond, Hertz PC,
Be prepared to argue your case though as the BA longe dragons are just that in terms of guarding access. The Oneworld policy is:

Customers flying in Economy class on the domestic or intra-European segment to connect to or from a oneworld longhaul First or Business Class flight can also use the lounge applicable to the class in which they are travelling the longhaul segment.
So if your onward connecting flight was economy (BA Euro Traveller) then you would be entitled to use the Galleries First lounge but don't be surprised in the lounge dragon tries to deny you access on the basis your onward flight is in business class and hence you should use the Galleries Lounge (ie business lounge). If challenged I suggest you show the inward BP and point out the obvious inconsistency in the above policy.

The following is from the BA Ultimate Guide in the BA Forum and is described as a scan of the BA Lounge access rules although is may not be the current version

http://redirectingat.com/?id=42X1295...sengersac3.jpg

On the basis of this scan, you should be OK for the Galleries First Lounge, but you must keep your inward BP

Last edited by Physci; Oct 21, 2009 at 10:13 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.