Returning from DUB on AA/OneWorld

Old Oct 20, 09, 10:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt, Hertz President's Circle, Virgin Atlantic Flying Club Gold
Returning from DUB on AA/OneWorld

Hello,
I am looking to book an itinerary that returns from DUB to the United States (prefer NYC area) on a Tuesday. It seems that there are not any DUB-ORD flights on Tuesday. In the past I had flown DUB-LHR-JFK with the DUB-LHR segment on (I believe but could be mistaken) Aer Lingus. Now, it seems that Aer Lingus is not a part of OneWorld any longer. Is there anyway to fly back from DUB on AA or OneWorld metal and receive EQMs? Many thanks.
Rupesh
Old Oct 20, 09, 10:43 pm

Programs: DL PM; AA 1MM
I don't think AA has any codeshares DUB-LHR, presumably because they'd like you to take AA metal DUB-ORD and connect from there. DUB-ORD switches from daily to certain days and back and forth, so some Tuesdays it will not be running. It looks like you are trying to fly next Tuesday, 10/27? Unfortunately, that is a day that DUB-ORD is not running. It is running Monday 10/26 and Wednesday 10/28, so if your travel date is flexible at all you can fly DUB-ORD-NYC on one of those days.
Old Oct 20, 09, 10:48 pm

Programs: QFF
Looks like it's just the AA flight to ORD or connecting in MAD on IB.
Old Oct 20, 09, 11:19 pm

Programs: AA ex-EXP, 2MM (ex DL, ex TWA)
Originally Posted by family friend View Post
Hello,
I am looking to book an itinerary that returns from DUB to the United States (prefer NYC area) on a Tuesday. It seems that there are not any DUB-ORD flights on Tuesday. In the past I had flown DUB-LHR-JFK with the DUB-LHR segment on (I believe but could be mistaken) Aer Lingus. Now, it seems that Aer Lingus is not a part of OneWorld any longer. Is there anyway to fly back from DUB on AA or OneWorld metal and receive EQMs? Many thanks.
Rupesh
You can still fly DUB-LHR-JFK (or DUB-CDG-JFK, etc) with the first leg on EI. You just won't get miles for the EI sector, which is not that far anyway. You can buy these routings on AA.com so long as you select "all carriers". I would note that even in the past when Aer Lingus was part of Oneworld, most people typically never got miles for the EI sector, as the AA codeshare was usually more expensive than just taking the EI flight no. directly, and cheap fares in EI did not earn miles, i.e. no real change at all.
Old Oct 21, 09, 7:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt, Hertz President's Circle, Virgin Atlantic Flying Club Gold
Originally Posted by ty97 View Post
I don't think AA has any codeshares DUB-LHR, presumably because they'd like you to take AA metal DUB-ORD and connect from there. DUB-ORD switches from daily to certain days and back and forth, so some Tuesdays it will not be running. It looks like you are trying to fly next Tuesday, 10/27? Unfortunately, that is a day that DUB-ORD is not running. It is running Monday 10/26 and Wednesday 10/28, so if your travel date is flexible at all you can fly DUB-ORD-NYC on one of those days.
I, too, would like to take AA metal but it is difficult since they are not flying DUB-ORD on the day I need to fly.

Originally Posted by Himeno View Post
Looks like it's just the AA flight to ORD or connecting in MAD on IB.
Is there an IB flight from DUB-MAD? I could not find that.

Originally Posted by Wexflyer View Post
You can still fly DUB-LHR-JFK (or DUB-CDG-JFK, etc) with the first leg on EI. You just won't get miles for the EI sector, which is not that far anyway. You can buy these routings on AA.com so long as you select "all carriers". I would note that even in the past when Aer Lingus was part of Oneworld, most people typically never got miles for the EI sector, as the AA codeshare was usually more expensive than just taking the EI flight no. directly, and cheap fares in EI did not earn miles, i.e. no real change at all.
This is my option, I think. However, I believe that if I were to upgrade the LHR-JFK flight I will now have to pay the additional tax for being in a luxury cabin, that tax isnt present from Ireland or Europe. Are there other connections I can take from DUB to an AA European spot?
Old Oct 21, 09, 7:55 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
This is my option, I think. However, I believe that if I were to upgrade the LHR-JFK flight I will now have to pay the additional tax for being in a luxury cabin, that tax isnt present from Ireland or Europe. Are there other connections I can take from DUB to an AA European spot?
That's a UK origination tax. If you were to start your travel at LHR, you'd have to pay, but since you're just transiting through, you won't have any additional luxury cabin taxes.
Old Oct 21, 09, 8:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JY1024 View Post
That's a UK origination tax. If you were to start your travel at LHR, you'd have to pay, but since you're just transiting through, you won't have any additional luxury cabin taxes.

Oh, really? I was unaware of that! If I fly DUB-LHR on EI and then LHR-JFK on AA and upgrade the LHR-JFK I am not liable to pay the additional tax? I thought since the upgraded itinerary began in LHR I was.
Old Oct 21, 09, 8:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Oh, really? I was unaware of that! If I fly DUB-LHR on EI and then LHR-JFK on AA and upgrade the LHR-JFK I am not liable to pay the additional tax?

One can search 'air passenger duty' in this forum for detailed threads on costs and conditions.
Old Oct 21, 09, 8:49 am

Oh, really? I was unaware of that! If I fly DUB-LHR on EI and then LHR-JFK on AA and upgrade the LHR-JFK I am not liable to pay the additional tax? I thought since the upgraded itinerary began in LHR I was.
Not liable as long as all on one tix, but buying on one tix might be more expensive than buying DUB/LHR on EI on a separate tix. You will have to run the numbers
Old Oct 21, 09, 1:59 pm

Programs: QFF
Is there an IB flight from DUB-MAD? I could not find that.
IB3183
Old Oct 21, 09, 2:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Himeno View Post
IB3183
On my searches, IB3183 does not operate every day of the week, it seems as if it does not operate on Tuesday or Saturday, which leaves me in the same position as AA293 DUB-ORD which does not operate on Tuesday or Thursday.
Old Oct 21, 09, 2:18 pm

Programs: AA 1.3 MM/LT Gold, WN A-List, DL Silver
DELETED

Last edited by miamigrad; Oct 21, 09 at 2:19 pm Reason: misread the posts upthread

Search this Thread
Search Engine: