Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Non Stops to Hong Kong

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2009, 4:16 am

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
Originally Posted by kiwiandrew
Sorry to drag this thread even further off topic but ....

UA did not buy PA . To the best of my knowledge in two separate transactions they bought PAs Asia/Pacific network , and later PAs USA-LHR ops together with at least part of PAs IAD-Europe ops .

I stand to be corrected , but I was unaware that they ever purchased any of PAs African rights .
UA bought Pan Am's LatAm network, which included Miami-South Africa, with traffic rights via Brazil. UA still has the "rights," but today they are worthless. There are open U.S.-South Africa frequencies that any airline, AA included, can apply for.
Old Oct 22, 2009, 4:31 am

Programs: CX SL, AB Gold, AF/KL FB Silver, HU/HX Silver, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by jrockway
Not particularly critical. But going to HKG is not particularly convenient for AA flyers, as CX does not fly from any of AA's biggest hubs. (I guess JFK and LAX are hubs, but CX service is missing from ORD and DFW. UA has a HKG/ORD flight, so there must be some money in this route.)
DFW is really stretching the limits of the 777-300ER, especially with headwinds.

Originally Posted by i_fly_AA
Didn't CX just recently announce that they're starting ORD-HKG next year? I'm pretty sure they did.
Nope. It was only a rumour, from A.net

IMHO, I would want CX with AA codeshares rather than the opposite.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.