Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA Chicago Service Change?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2009, 6:18 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
Originally Posted by FWAAA
But a total of 47 CRJ-700s isn't anywhere near enough airplanes to serve ORD's domestic schedule - e.
As of now, no final decision has been made where to base all the 22 new deliveries. While they will likely all be physically based out of O'Hare, they might still be doing a lot of flying from Dallas, or allowing Miami to add some thinner routes to the Northeast/Midwest (i.e. Buffalo, Milwaukee, Ottawa, White Plains). We'll know more in the spring.

Originally Posted by HNL
Noting announced by AA, DL, or the chicago Department of Aviation.
Nothing announced, but its all but "official." In fact, I believe AA's O'Hare terminal maps on their website are already showing the changes.
Old Oct 19, 2009, 8:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by ty97
Last month, AA announced an adjustments to their schedule to be put in place by Summer 2010, which would focus more on hub flying and would, in part, increase flying from ORD.

Per TB, the planned breakdown of flights at ORD after the adjustments:

•AA and its regional affiliates will operate 487
departures, a 13% increase.
173 AA Jet departures
64 CR7 departures
250 EMJ departures
•AA and its regional affiliates will serve 114
destinations, 97 domestic and 17 international,
a 16% increase in destinations.

It's certainly a good amount of AE traffic, but ORD already has a ton of AE traffic. The rumor that all domestic is going AE is clearly incorrect.
So, most of the flights are non mainline, correct?
Old Oct 19, 2009, 8:11 pm

Programs: AA GLD .25MM, CO, UA, US, DL, HH, SPG (all cardboard)
Probably about equal by seats though, at least.
Old Oct 19, 2009, 8:54 pm

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
Originally Posted by mvoight
So, most of the flights are non mainline, correct?
Based on those numbers, 64.5% of the flights are non mainline, so about two-thirds. That's certainly not "all domestic flying going RJ" as was the rumor that started this thread.

I wonder how that compares percentage-wise to mainline vs RJ travel out of ORD today? I doubt it's a huge shift, but I've been wrong before.
Old Oct 20, 2009, 12:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Last month, AA announced an adjustments to their schedule to be put in place by Summer 2010, which would focus more on hub flying and would, in part, increase flying from ORD.

Per TB, the planned breakdown of flights at ORD after the adjustments:

•AA and its regional affiliates will operate 487
departures, a 13% increase.
173 AA Jet departures
64 CR7 departures
250 EMJ departures
•AA and its regional affiliates will serve 114
destinations, 97 domestic and 17 international,
a 16% increase in destinations.

It's certainly a good amount of AE traffic, but ORD already has a ton of AE traffic. The rumor that all domestic is going AE is clearly incorrect.
The OP didn't say all, just most.
Old Oct 20, 2009, 12:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Based on those numbers, 64.5% of the flights are non mainline, so about two-thirds. That's certainly not "all domestic flying going RJ" as was the rumor that started this thread.

I wonder how that compares percentage-wise to mainline vs RJ travel out of ORD today? I doubt it's a huge shift, but I've been wrong before.
I didn't see the "all domestic" part. Did the OP change the first post? It now says "most"
Old Oct 20, 2009, 1:12 am

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
Originally Posted by mvoight
I didn't see the "all domestic" part. Did the OP change the first post? It now says "most"
Fair enough. I won't get into a semantic argument over whether that qualifies for "most" flights (because, of course, 50% + 1 would qualify as most technically, though I didn't get the sense the OP was using it that way).

The OP also said "...planning on turning most, in country flights, out of ORD to RJ's by Eagle" (emphasis mine) implying that this high level of Eagle flying isn't already the norm at ORD.

Last edited by ty97; Oct 20, 2009 at 1:13 am Reason: tag fix

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.