Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Rumor? New Nut mix on AA flights / and current Ramekin shortage

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rumor? New Nut mix on AA flights / and current Ramekin shortage

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2009, 9:05 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2 Million-miler , SPG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Everyone to their own-----I like the new nuts mix
Old Oct 18, 2009, 10:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP (Lifetime Plat)
I was just on a LAX-JFK and my nuts were just fine. Warm too.

Old Oct 19, 2009, 5:44 am
Suspended

Programs: AA-EXP 14M, UA-1K, AS-MVP Gold, DL-PL, CO-PL, EK-Gold, BA-Gold, HH-D, SPG-PL
Smile

Originally Posted by tenn_ace
wow 70 posts about 20 cents pack of nuts... really worth it?
Yes indeed, how else can we increase our postings? Most FT threads are like a Sienfield episode, much ado about nothing.
Old Oct 20, 2009, 9:35 am

Programs: AAdvantage
Originally Posted by dstan
Seriously one of the best FT threads I've ever read! I mean, not the most useful...but easily one of the most entertaining.

That said, I'm a cashew person, and I could do without the pistachios. I really hope the sweet nuts are an anomaly, since I like my nuts salty.
Old Oct 20, 2009, 9:50 am

Programs: AA Exp/1M, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Pre Plat
I flew last weekend and it was the same nuts.... I do know AA is trying to improve the First class experience, was in a focus group about it a few weeks ago. I am flying this weekend and will report back.
Old Oct 20, 2009, 9:51 am

Programs: AA Exp/1M, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Pre Plat
Originally Posted by Mormik
On my last two flights (DFW-MIA and MIA-YUL on Oct 12) the nuts were the regular mix however they were served in small glass wine glasses rather than the usual small bowl.
I had the nuts in the wine glass too, whats with that, not as easy to pick out the ones I want...
Old Oct 20, 2009, 10:35 am

Programs: My opinions are not those of AA or any affiliates of AMR Corp.
Originally Posted by BLUESCRAZYGIRL
I had the nuts in the wine glass too, whats with that, not as easy to pick out the ones I want...
as another poster reported: There was a shortage of ramekins system wide and the FAs were told to substitute wine glasses for the ramekins. Hopefully this will be taken care of soon, it's not a new service or something to expect for the future. The glasses are a temporary fix until the catering kitchens can restock with the regular ramekins.
Old Oct 20, 2009, 10:38 am

Programs: AA PLT,1.4MM
I have small hands and I had a hard time getting the nuts out of the wine glass as well. It's those last few that give you a hard time! Glad to hear its temporary.
Old Oct 20, 2009, 10:45 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by dugknight
I have small hands and I had a hard time getting the nuts out of the wine glass as well. It's those last few that give you a hard time! Glad to hear its temporary.
Why not just tip the glass and "drink" them? Seems a pretty effective way to get them out.

Cheers.
Old Oct 20, 2009, 10:45 am

Programs: AA EXP, BAEC Bronze, DL Plat UA, HHonors Platinum, SPG Gold, Hyatt
Originally Posted by dugknight
I find that if you lift the wine glass in one hand, make a cup shape with your other hand, and gently invert the wine glass and tap the rim on your cupped hand, it works well to dispense the nuts...
Old Oct 20, 2009, 10:54 am

Originally Posted by jabrams72
I find that if you lift the wine glass in one hand, make a cup shape with your other hand, and gently invert the wine glass and tap the rim on your cupped hand, it works well to dispense the nuts...
Or you could just ask for a plastic cup.......

I haven't heard a thing about new nuts. I've done 6 roundtrips this month with the old ones.
Old Oct 20, 2009, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by brp
Why not just tip the glass and "drink" them? Seems a pretty effective way to get them out.

Cheers.
Good idea for random nut eaters, but what about those that eat their nuts in sequence?
Old Oct 20, 2009, 11:16 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by SFO777
Good idea for random nut eaters, but what about those that eat their nuts in sequence?
I have a lot of suggestions for that, but I can't post any of them here.

Cheers.
Old Oct 20, 2009, 12:27 pm

Programs: AA PLAT
Originally Posted by SFO777
Sounds a bit excessive compulsive?
Old Oct 20, 2009, 1:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by sluggoaafa
as another poster reported: There was a shortage of ramekins system wide and the FAs were told to substitute wine glasses for the ramekins. Hopefully this will be taken care of soon, it's not a new service or something to expect for the future. The glasses are a temporary fix until the catering kitchens can restock with the regular ramekins.
Good update. On my flight with nuts-in-wine-glass, I just thought the FA was trying to class it up.

Weird that there would be a shortage of ramekins. Has massive ramekin pilfering been occuring or was a truckload of ramekins involved in an accident?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.