Wiki Posts
Search

Buy one way ticket?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2009, 5:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Blue forever!
Buy one way ticket?

Sorry if this is a stupid question but I was trying to buy a one-way ticket-on-stop on AA coach LAX-MIA and the site wouldn't allow it. Wanted to return TPA-SNA. This is the first time in years that I haven't just gotten a same destination round trip. Someone said SWA will sell you a one way but it wouldn't be non-stop.
Also, would this evening to a good time to buy for Sept.? -I read that AA is raising its price tomorrow. Thanks.
Old Oct 6, 2009, 5:44 pm

What exactly do you mean when you say " the site wouldn't allow it " ?

If you are trying to purchase a ticket for September of 2010 then you won't be able to purchase any AA flights today, non-stop or multi-stop, because it is more than 329 days out.

I had a quick look in August of 2010 and AA.com is listing lots of non-stop flights between LAX and MIA ( something like 7 per day ) with one way fares starting at $ 174 plus taxes ( $ 184.60 all in ).

I am not sure what you are referring to when you say that AA is raising its prices tomorrow. But prices go up, prices go down, sometimes it is best to buy early, sometimes it is best to wait. It all depends on competition and how full the planes are.
Old Oct 6, 2009, 5:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LT Plt, Mets fan
AA sells tickets only 329 days in advance. Try tomorrow for Sept. 1, etc...
Old Oct 6, 2009, 5:51 pm
Original Poster

Very sorry-I meant to type "Dec. 2009".
Old Oct 6, 2009, 6:05 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: aa plt 4.9MM LTAC
must be a glitch....iirc, there is a box to check for 1 way......if that isn't working, do multicity w/ 1 flight....good luck...

edit....put your return into the multicity request...
Old Oct 6, 2009, 6:10 pm

AA.com is showing one-way tickets for the non-stop flights between LAX and MIA all through December ( I didn't check every date ). But the prices rise substantially over the peak holiday season.

You might get a better price by booking it as a multi-city, LAX to MIA on one flight and TPA to SNA on the 2nd flight. But I don't think AA flies direct from TPA to SNA.

As far as when is the best time to purchase tickets for December, someone who is much smarter than I am will have to answer that.
Old Oct 6, 2009, 6:32 pm

Originally Posted by thebobmc
AA.com is showing one-way tickets for the non-stop flights between LAX and MIA all through December ( I didn't check every date ). But the prices rise substantially over the peak holiday season.

You might get a better price by booking it as a multi-city, LAX to MIA on one flight and TPA to SNA on the 2nd flight. But I don't think AA flies direct from TPA to SNA.

As far as when is the best time to purchase tickets for December, someone who is much smarter than I am will have to answer that.
TPA-SNA will need to go through DFW - Do not do ORD in December.
Old Oct 6, 2009, 7:00 pm
Original Poster

Thanks, everyone.
I didn't see the ONE WAY box at the top. That helps a lot. I know that SNA-TPA requires a stop. Our son in law has even had to make 2. I'd like to try Jet Blue as it overflies our house 10 times a day but LGB stops at JFK on the way to MIA. Thanks for the tip about avoiding that in winter. My favorite is United as I enjoy hearing Channel 9, but it stops in DEN or ORD. As of now, there seem to be plenty of seats so I'll wait while we get our new passwords going [our cards are so old we didn't even have passwords]. And I'm going to try for British Airways miles. As for prices, you're right-who knows?
Old Oct 6, 2009, 7:54 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by daph
Also, would this evening to a good time to buy for Sept.? -I read that AA is raising its price tomorrow. Thanks.
Does HNL's patented UpCheck® work for fare forecasting too?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.