FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   Transfer between AA and Alitalia (From BOS to FCO) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/1002553-transfer-between-aa-alitalia-bos-fco.html)

Sharpyling Oct 5, 2009 11:46 am

Transfer between AA and Alitalia (From BOS to FCO)

Hi all,

I just booked a ticket for our honeymoon in Rome from a consolidator and I am now worrying about our connecting flight in Boston. I figured I would post here to see if you expert flyers can help answer my questions. :)

Our first flight is on AA from LAX to BOS then we fly from BOS to FCO on Alitalia. I was wondering:
1) will e-tickets be issued by AA and Alitalia?
2) will my baggage be checked through to the Alitalia flight to Rome?
3) is 90 minutes enough time for them to transfer the baggage?
4) Do we have to go through security again since we are going from a domestic flight to an international flight?

Sorry if I posted this in the wrong forum... it's my first time posting!

Thank you all for your help!!

Blumie Oct 5, 2009 11:53 am

1. The consolidator who sold you the tickets will be able to tell you whether you will have etickets or paper tickets. Assuming you don't lose them, paper tickets will not slow you down at all.

2. You can check your bags all the way through.

3. 90 minutes is enough time for your bags to be transferred.

4. If your LAX-BOS flight is on time, you will have plenty of time to transfer. Unfortunately, you have to go through security again since you have to transfer terminals. When you arrive at BOS, follow the signs downstairs to the baggage claim level. Go outside and look for the signs (blue signs painted on the concrete pillars) for the airport buses. Take any of the blue and white MassPort buses EXCEPT FOR BUS 22 to Terminal E. The wait for the bus should not be longer than 15 minutes, and the ride to Terminal E should be about 5-10 minutes.

hillrider Oct 5, 2009 2:33 pm

Was the price that much cheaper than published fares?

BTW, good luck with Alitalia: they're in a permanent semi-state of bankruptcy and striking.

zman Oct 5, 2009 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by hillrider (Post 12528403)
Was the price that much cheaper than published fares?

BTW, good luck with Alitalia: they're in a permanent semi-state of bankruptcy and striking.

ALITALIA
Always Late In Takeoff Always Late In Arrival

Sharpyling Oct 5, 2009 4:25 pm

Thanks, Blumie, for all the helpful information. One more question - will AA also be able to print my Alitalia boarding pass?

The ticket was $250 less than taking a British Airways flight so we're saving around $500. Let's hope we are lucky. I checked the BOS-FCO flight status from the last few days and they all made it on time. From reading the boards, it seems that most of the problems happen with connections in FCO, so I hope we will be okay.

zman Oct 5, 2009 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by Sharpyling (Post 12529890)
Thanks, Blumie, for all the helpful information. One more question - will AA also be able to print my Alitalia boarding pass?

The ticket was $250 less than taking a British Airways flight so we're saving around $500. Let's hope we are lucky. I checked the BOS-FCO flight status from the last few days and they all made it on time. From reading the boards, it seems that most of the problems happen with connections in FCO, so I hope we will be okay.

AA can not do the boading passes, BUT, can check the luggage.
Make sure you have copies of your Alitalia E ticket.
Also be sure u have the Alitalia record locators.
If it was booked in Sabre also have that record locator.

Call up AA before hand and have them add a note to your AA record that u are connecting to FCO on AZ xxx,