FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   Confused regarding Fare from LGA-BOS (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/1001658-confused-regarding-fare-lga-bos.html)

family friend Oct 2, 09 2:52 pm

Confused regarding Fare from LGA-BOS
 
Hello,
I logged onto expertflyer and searched for LGA-BOS on AA for 10/16/09 at 7.05 pm. It tells me that there are 4 N seats, 2 Q seats and 2 O seats. I then click on the fare basis and it says N is $79. However, when I attempt to make the purchase on AA I see nothing lower than $104 and class G. Am I doing something wrong?
Rupesh

miamigrad Oct 2, 09 2:59 pm


Originally Posted by family friend (Post 12488843)
Hello,
I logged onto expertflyer and searched for LGA-BOS on AA for 10/16/09 at 7.05 pm. It tells me that there are 4 N seats, 2 Q seats and 2 O seats. I then click on the fare basis and it says N is $79. However, when I attempt to make the purchase on AA I see nothing lower than $104 and class G. Am I doing something wrong?
Rupesh

DELETED

My guess was totally wrong :)

FWAAA Oct 2, 09 3:01 pm

From the top line of the N fare rules (on EF, to which you have access, no?):


FROM/TO NYC FOR -JPN TYPE FARES
THE FARE COMPONENT MUST INCLUDE TRAVEL FROM/TO JFK
AIRPORT.
Think that might have something to do with it? ;)

family friend Oct 2, 09 3:25 pm


Originally Posted by FWAAA (Post 12488998)
From the top line of the N fare rules (on EF, to which you have access, no?):



Think that might have something to do with it? ;)

That certainly does explain it. What bothers me is that when I click on the link, it says "Fares From LGA to BOS" which it clearly is not. Of course, I am unable to find this fare from JFK to BOS due to the fare class being unavailable. $230 Round trip again unfortunately!

family friend Oct 18, 09 7:14 pm

On another note. I fly LGA-BOS or JFK-BOS often. If I recall, the fares usually dip much lower (cheapest around $79 each way) or the winter but they have yet to do that this year. Does anyone recall or have experience with when these fares may drop? Many thanks.

zman Oct 18, 09 7:51 pm


Originally Posted by family friend (Post 12667931)
On another note. I fly LGA-BOS or JFK-BOS often. If I recall, the fares usually dip much lower (cheapest around $79 each way) or the winter but they have yet to do that this year. Does anyone recall or have experience with when these fares may drop? Many thanks.

AA does not drop fares, they only have increases..
They may have a sale.
They have attempted to reduce capacity, so they do not have to have sales to fill the plane.

HNL Oct 18, 09 7:59 pm


Originally Posted by family friend (Post 12667931)
On another note. I fly LGA-BOS or JFK-BOS often. If I recall, the fares usually dip much lower (cheapest around $79 each way) or the winter but they have yet to do that this year. Does anyone recall or have experience with when these fares may drop? Many thanks.

Next Wednesday @ 10:15 am CST

AAgoraku Oct 18, 09 9:28 pm


Originally Posted by family friend (Post 12667931)
On another note. I fly LGA-BOS or JFK-BOS often. If I recall, the fares usually dip much lower (cheapest around $79 each way) or the winter but they have yet to do that this year. Does anyone recall or have experience with when these fares may drop? Many thanks.

Can't vouch for the data.... NYC-BOS Lowest Historical Fares Over Last 2 Years

http://history.farecompare.com/fare-...dvpurchase=180

family friend Oct 19, 09 7:42 am


Originally Posted by AAgoraku (Post 12668435)

I was unaware of FareCompare's functionality in regards to those graphs. Quite helpful, thank you VERY much!

ijgordon Oct 19, 09 9:08 am


Originally Posted by family friend (Post 12489362)
What bothers me is that when I click on the link, it says "Fares From LGA to BOS" which it clearly is not.

I think it's because AA files its fares as fares to "NYC" which include several NY-area airports. Many fares can be used to any airport, but some, such as this, are airport-specific, for competitive reasons. On the other hand, some airlines, like CO, only file the fares to one specific airport (e.g., EWR), and so using "NYC" returns bogus-ish results. It's not called Expertflyer for nothing!


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 8:31 pm.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.