Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: What's the stupidest, least substantive thing you can complain about?

Old Dec 4, 2015, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
NOTE: the current thread can be read and posted to here.
Print Wikipost

Old Jun 3, 2010, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD

What's FT if not a place to complain about the small stuff? After all, we've seen threads in which people have complained about virtually everything, from the ceiling height at JAX to the font, ink and paper used to print boarding passes. So I thought I'd start what I hope will become the one of the most valuable and important threads in the history of FT, one in which we consolidate all of our complaints about stuff that just doesn't matter and that validates AA's decision not to have an official presence on this board.

I'll go first: I find it really annoying the way the napkins are fanned before being put out at the Admirals Clubs. Is this supposed to make us feel like the place is uber-fancy? Why don't they just forget about the fanning and put out some real napkins instead of the flimsy cocktail napkins they use?
Old Jun 3, 2010, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The dog food-style snack mix dispensers at the Admirals Clubs.
Old Jun 3, 2010, 10:57 am

Programs: AA EXP, 1 MM, AC, HH Diamond, Marriott Silver, Hertz 5*
@:-) @:-) @:-)

By combining these here, we should really be able to cut down on the number of threads!
Old Jun 3, 2010, 10:58 am
nnn

Programs: All-Around Kettle
I hate how the guy in the safety video pronounces "American Airlines" when speaking in Spanish.
Old Jun 3, 2010, 11:02 am
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I hate the fact you can't renew a monthly account on Gogo through the website while you are on the ground. It can only be done while in the air through the Gogo in air portal.
Old Jun 3, 2010, 11:04 am
Suspended

Programs: Many
Not having free alcoholic beverages in the AC is a crime against humanity.
Old Jun 3, 2010, 11:05 am

Programs: AA 1.5 MM Exec Plat, WN A-List, DL Silver, UA nonrev
Branded cups and napkins while onboard the aircraft. Once there, the purchase decision has been made. I mean... the airline is about saving money after all. Those sames items should be less in the non-branded form, right?
Old Jun 3, 2010, 11:09 am
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Those bloody "napkins" that they have in the AC and on the planes. I always feel like I'm going to give myself a paper cut when I try to wipe my hands or mouth with it. And good luck trying to wipe/clean an apple with one of those...you might as well just use one of the kiosk boarding passes since they're softer.
Old Jun 3, 2010, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fabulous on one of the US carriers..
The AA logo on the coffee cups in F. It looks like a fly and always creeps me out.
Old Jun 3, 2010, 11:11 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Could AA please have bagels at all AC locations and some cereal would be nice (come on AA how expensive could it be for some Special K or Corn flakes). Also, get rid of those doll house size coffee cups. The time the coffee sloshes onto the carpet as you return to your seat you have about five mouths full.

Free beer and wine in the afternoon and evening, one could only dream.
Old Jun 3, 2010, 11:12 am

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVPGold, DL Gold Medallion, Avis Presidential, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
I'm sitting in J (upgrade cleared at 100 hrs) on flt. 19 right now (JFK-LAX), somewhere above Iowa.

I am livid (livid!) that we were served cookies-and-cream ice cream with chocolate shavings when the passed menu states clearly that we'd be receiving chocolate ice cream topped with marshmallows and chopped walnuts.

This is an affront to everything we hold sacred in a civil society. This is the last straw, and I'm moving to Canada.
Old Jun 3, 2010, 11:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by miamigrad
Branded cups and napkins while onboard the aircraft. Once there, the purchase decision has been made. I mean... the airline is about saving money after all. Those sames items should be less in the non-branded form, right?
And as a follow up: what is the point of having "aa.com" painted on the winglet of the plane so it is visible to pax inside the cabin.
Old Jun 3, 2010, 11:14 am

Programs: A few
I wish to complain that my AA number begins with "D". The automatic phone system always thinks I'm saying "B". I did learn you can also say "Delta", but that just feels bad when calling AA
Old Jun 3, 2010, 11:14 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime PLT
Why do they have to play the same soundtrack, in the same order on every 738 upon landing? Why do they need music it all? Some of those songs make me want to kill myself.

On the bright side, I measure my wait time to taxi and get off the plane based on which song I get to.
Old Jun 3, 2010, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
Not having free alcoholic beverages in the AC is a crime against humanity.
Hey, this thread is supposed to be for non-substantive complaints only!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.