Main cabin extra seats

Old Sep 13, 2015, 8:31 am
Original Poster

Main cabin extra seats

we thought we were booking on AA metal and chose main cabin extra seats. Seat Guru tells us that our flight 684 from PHX to LIH in Feb 2016 will be on US Air metal and that there is no more leg room, just boarding priority. Has there been a change in the U.S. Air seats that Seat Guru has not updated?

Last edited by decabea; Sep 13, 2015 at 8:33 am Reason: grammer
Old Sep 13, 2015, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
The operating carrier is identified on ticket receipts and itinerary selection screens. It's a DOT requirement.

US Airways-origin aircraft have not been fitted with Main Cabin Extra seats. Things are going to get a little more complicated on 17 October when all mainline operations adopt the AA operating code.

Old Sep 13, 2015, 9:51 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond
Exit row seats on pmUS aircraft are now marked as MCE post Oct 17. Perhaps those are the seats OP has selected?
Old Sep 13, 2015, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There is a chance that by February, the PHX-Hawai'i flights will be flown with pre-mergerAA 757s that indeed feature MCE. AA is replacing the LAX-Hawai'i flights with new A321H and is planning to move the pmAA 757s to PHX so that the much-older run-down pmUS (old HP) 757s can be retired.
Old Sep 13, 2015, 5:05 pm
Original Poster

Main cabin extre seats

The reservation states it is AA, but checking on seat guru, our seats in row 5 are first class on all AA 757s, but show as coach on US Air. If AA planes replace US Air in PHX, will our seat assignments be changed? I am confused.
Old Sep 13, 2015, 9:31 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by decabea
The reservation states it is AA, but checking on seat guru, our seats in row 5 are first class on all AA 757s, but show as coach on US Air. If AA planes replace US Air in PHX, will our seat assignments be changed? I am confused.
Change of aircraft often results in seat changes.

To boot, if they switch the 757 to the AA A321H, the seat numeration is different, so as occurred with my nephew and his fiance's booking, one was left with a non-existant seat 757s are AB EF in domestic F, A321s are AC DF.

Given October 17 is the date for "One system. One code." It could be there will be significant changes in aircraft deployment. And we only know the LUS A319 is getting non-exit row MCE; what will happen with the rest of the LUS fleet and MCE hasn't been announced yet.
Old Sep 14, 2015, 5:22 am
Original Poster

Possible seat change

Thank you for your input. I will check our reservations on Oct. 17 to see what has changed. Hopefully it will be for the better.
Old Sep 14, 2015, 9:20 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Originally Posted by decabea
Thank you for your input. I will check our reservations on Oct. 17 to see what has changed. Hopefully it will be for the better.
Just to be clear, nothing with your reservation will change on October 17... what's changing is that all flights that used to be US Airways flights up to that date will become American Airlines flights after that. That's it. Since you've already bought a flight marketed and operated by AA (as it is operated after that date), everything stays the same for you. Based on your OP, it seems you've bought Main Cabin Extra seats as well. This aircraft does have Main Cabin Extra seats, however they are just designated extra legroom seats in the main cabin, not a specific set of rows like we see on other aircraft. For you, if you've paid for Main Cabin Extra (or are otherwise eligible for it) you can log in to view your booking and change to available MCE seats in row 5, 9, 10 or 27 (not all seats in those rows are MCE, but those rows all have MCE seats in them). Pick those and you'll get more legroom than a non-MCE seat (with varying degrees of extra legroom), which means you'll get what you've paid for.
Old Sep 14, 2015, 9:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JDiver
To boot, if they switch the 757 to the AA A321H, the seat numeration is different, so as occurred with my nephew and his fiance's booking, one was left with a non-existant seat 757s are AB EF in domestic F, A321s are AC DF.
Although it's impossible to predict which aircraft AA will assign to PHX-LIH in February, we can be certain that it won't be an A321H (simply not enough range).

The OP will be on a pmUS 757 or a pmAA 757.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.