Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Admirals Club changes, closure, consolidation, etc. (Master Thread)

Old Aug 18, 2014, 6:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Admirals and US Club changes, closures, consolidations etc. (Master Thread)

Please edit/add to this Wikipost with any done, confirmed, announced or pending Admirals Club changes
(not wishful, speculative or possible changes).

Lounge links

Link
to Admirals Clubs and affiliated lounges locations and amenities guide on aa.com.

Link to oneworld lounge locations and access tool on oneworld.com.

Link to FlyerTalk AA Lounge Dashboard

Note: American Airlines and US Airways terminal changes can be found here.

LOCATIONS, CLOSURES, CONSOLIDATIONS Etc.

All US Airways Clubs have been rebranded as Admirals Clubs.

Admirals Clubs are following US Airways Club tradition of serving soup.

AA- US "exchange" programs have been implemented at some Clubs so both AA and US Club users can be assisted by redeployed "AAngels" with computers (e.g. DFW Clubs now have US assistance counters and personnel).

ATL: Concourse T Admirals Club only staffed by AA personnel, no computer system installed to allow assisting US pax. (11/22/2014)

BUF: 2015, changed to November, BUF / Buffalo a Club to close.

DCA: US Airways Club in t-B rebadged as Admirals Club. Member dtremit says "To be clear, the small US club in the "B/C" pier (formerly a UA club) was closed and consolidated into the adjacent AC. The large US club on the "C" pier is still open."

DFW: Admirals Clubs now have "out stationed" US personnel for assistance.

GRU: Admirals Club closed for renovations beginning December 1, 2014 as construction of a new club in Terminal 3 begins. New AC is expected to open in 2015. AC Members may use the GRU Executive Club in T3 until the new AC opens.

LAX: US Airways Club closed. AS lounge in T6 (near US gates) now available for AC members, transcon premium cabin ticket holders on AA or US, and under oneworld access rules when flying US or AA.

PHL US Airways B/C Club rebadged, has AA Personnel available, at least weekday mornings until 10am (not sure about after this time frame). In A-East, Admirals Club opened, has US Personnel available.

RDU: US Airways Club closed.

SJU: The Admirals Club lounge at San Juan Luis Muoz Marin International (SJU) permanently closed 30 Dec 2015.
Print Wikipost

Old May 1, 2014, 6:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA: EXP/5.2mm

Among other things, I am curious to see how AA/US handle the club situation at BOS, since they now have two big ones in the same terminal. Presumably they will shut down the one that ends up being on whichever side of the terminal is the less used (or perhaps unused) side.

Last edited by lhl12; May 1, 2014 at 6:15 pm
Old May 4, 2014, 4:01 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Plat, VS Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
So which lounge is best in BOS Terminal B? The Admiral's Club, US club or United club?

Does the US or United club have a decent coffee machine?

Last edited by JDiver; Aug 18, 2014 at 6:18 pm Reason: Add airport prior to move
Old May 27, 2014, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by oopsz
So which lounge is best in Terminal B? The Admiral's Club, US club or United club?

Does the US or United club have a decent coffee machine?
If anyone cares, I checked - Nescafe at the Admiral's Club, Flavia at the US Airways Club. The United club has a real automatic espresso machine that grinds the beans. Alcohol selection is somewhat disappointing though.
Old May 31, 2014, 8:04 am

Programs: AA EXP, Delta Gold, Mariott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis Presidents Club
FYI, The US club in RDU is closing next week, per the AC there. The people in the AC were quite excited
Old Jun 13, 2014, 9:07 am

Programs: AA EXP (2 MM)
If anyone cares, I checked - Nescafe at the Admiral's Club, Flavia at the US Airways Club. The United club has a real automatic espresso machine that grinds the beans. Alcohol selection is somewhat disappointing though.
Which one did you find the "nicest" space? And what about the most spacious? In summary, if you had access to all three, but had to choose one, where would you go?
Old Jun 17, 2014, 10:21 am

Originally Posted by screwedbyaa
Which one did you find the "nicest" space? And what about the most spacious? In summary, if you had access to all three, but had to choose one, where would you go?
In BOS, probably the new United club. Great view of the field, open high ceilings, all new fixtures and furniture.

That having been said, I do have access to all three and will probably just keep going to the Admiral's club. It's just more comfortable for me, I like that it's close to the AA gates, and the alcohol selections are much better.

Originally Posted by vatali
FYI, The US club in RDU is closing next week, per the AC there. The people in the AC were quite excited
RDU US club is closing Monday, June 23rd. This is a no brainer as they are practically next to each other in Terminal 2. I will be there this weekend and plan on checking out both the AC and US club before they consolidate.
Old Jun 17, 2014, 6:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2 MM)
In BOS, probably the new United club. Great view of the field, open high ceilings, all new fixtures and furniture.

That having been said, I do have access to all three and will probably just keep going to the Admiral's club. It's just more comfortable for me, I like that it's close to the AA gates, and the alcohol selections are much better.
Cool, thanks!
Old Jun 30, 2014, 12:54 pm

Programs: US-Plt;Concierge key; American AAirpass; Delta Silver;Starwood - Platinum; Amex Cent
RDU US club is closing Monday, June 23rd. This is a no brainer as they are practically next to each other in Terminal 2. I will be there this weekend and plan on checking out both the AC and US club before they consolidate.[/QUOTE]

So is US going to move their gates down towards the AA side? I was in the Admirals club last Thursday before the LHR flight and it was extremely crowded. I doubt they will spend the money nor would Delta be willing to move to the old US club......think it's just going to be very crowded moving forward.
Old Jul 1, 2014, 6:57 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
Can anyone confirm that the expanded AC in GRU has now opened?
Old Jul 1, 2014, 12:41 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by george 3
Can anyone confirm that the expanded AC in GRU has now opened?
The AC in GRU was no undergoing renovations. It's GIG and EZE where clubs are being refurbished/rebuilt. GRU desperately needs to be updated and expanded.
Old Jul 1, 2014, 3:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
Originally Posted by HNL
The AC in GRU was no undergoing renovations. It's GIG and EZE where clubs are being refurbished/rebuilt. GRU desperately needs to be updated and expanded.
You should have capitalized DESPERATELY. My wife and I left after ten minutes in April. Awful. I think the social media expert I consulted with had it wrong. Not surprised.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 8:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
Better club at DCA: AC or US?

Hey all,

I'm flying out of DCA later today - a rarity for me. I'm on US metal. I haven't been to either club before, and I've never been to an AC. Which is the better club of the two?

Thanks,

Super
Old Jul 21, 2014, 8:22 am

I spent some time with the family in the US lounge in May of this year. It was OK, but if you asked me to pick one word to describe it, I would go with "tired." I think it would be fair to say it has seen better days. There was one guy on staff who was kind and helpful to us, but apart from that, it was really nothing special. We were flying out of terminal C, and visiting the AC would have required clearing security again, so we did not bother.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 8:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
Originally Posted by zippy the pinhead
I spent some time with the family in the US lounge in May of this year. It was OK, but if you asked me to pick one word to describe it, I would go with "tired." I think it would be fair to say it has seen better days. There was one guy on staff who was kind and helpful to us, but apart from that, it was really nothing special. We were flying out of terminal C, and visiting the AC would have required clearing security again, so we did not bother.
Thought there was a shuttle between C and B/C?
Old Jul 21, 2014, 8:39 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond
There is a shuttle between the two concourses. I tend to go through security on the US Air side and shuttle to flights at the AA gates because the US Air security has TSA Pre-check. Since the shuttle is on the airside tarmac you have to be ready to occasionally sit for a while if planes happen to be departing from the gates the bus goes past. I have been on the bus for >20 minutes for a very short ride. AC on the AA side is reasonable and has very nice staff. I would not describe it as elegant, however.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.