Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

LHR / London Heathrow Int'l. T3 BA First & Galleries Club Lounges (master thread)

Old Jan 5, 2013, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
LHR / London Heathrow Int'l. Airport British Airways Galleries First and Galleries Club Lounges (Terminal 3)

Link to aa.com information for LHR.

Link to LHR website.

Link to oneworld website Lounge Access and Lounge Finder tool

British Airways Galleries First and Galleries Club Lounges

LOCATION: Departure level after Passport Control, Terminal 3, located at Zone F

NOTE: Access to First Class Lounges is restricted to Emerald members or those travelling in First Class.

HOURS: 05:00 until last departure.

AMENITIES:
  • Complimentary WiFi
  • Flat screen TVs
  • Private shower suites
  • Premium liquor, beer and wine
  • Meal service throughout the day
  • Computers with Internet access
Links to other LHR Terminal 3 oneworld Lounges threads:
For lounge information about oneworld lounges for oneworld passengers departing Terminals 1 and 5, please see the BAEC Forum BA Lounge Database Dashboard for the United Kingdom here and / or the oneworld Lounge Access and Locator here.

[b]Also in the BAEC forum, see:[b]
(Thanks to jerry a. laska)
List of oneworld Airlines and Terminals at London Heathrow

List of oneworld airlines using LHR Terminal 3:
  • American Airlines and US Airways
  • British Airways (limited short hauls)
  • Cathay Pacific
  • Finnair
  • Japan Airlines
  • Qantas
  • Royal Jordanian
Other oneworld airlines use:
  • Terminal 1 - TAM, some British Airways
  • Terminal 4 - Malaysia Airways and Qatar Airways
  • Terminal 5 - most British Airways, all Iberia

Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

Print Wikipost

LHR / London Heathrow Int'l. T3 BA First & Galleries Club Lounges (master thread)

Old Aug 17, 2013, 7:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold

Hi all,

I am currently at LHR T3 awaiting my first flight in F on the 77W!! Very excited. And I wanted to get the party started with some time enjoying the usually-amazing BA Galleries First lounge. I arrived pretty hungry from my intra-Europe flight, ready for some lunch.

And....I am truly shocked at what I see on offer this afternoon at the GF buffet.

- pre-packaged cold sandwiches
- shelf-stable junk food
- cereal and fruit
- biscuits
- cheeses
- soup (1 option)

But NO hot foods, NO salad bar at all! Yikes! I just came from the Flagship Lounge, and I have to say that at least AA had several hot food options (gnocchi, steamed veggies, etc) in addition to the standard items.

Granted, there is a menu from which one can order a variety of sandwiches, pasta, etc. to be delivered to your seat. There is one salad option (Caesar). But it is SO much nicer to see the full spread in the buffet and then select a little bit of each, or mix and make your own. That is what I used to love so much about Galleries First lounges at LHR!

On this forum, it has always been standard practice to check in at the AA FL (and take care of any ticketing-related issues with the AAngels), and then head over to Galleries First to spend the balance of the time. But with the new BaxterStorey catering (which is the topic of some pretty hot tempers over on the BA forum), I am wondering if anybody has been just staying in the AA lounges???

It is a HUGE disappointment. And it must be an embarrassment to BA, don't you think?

I am strongly considering abandoning this lounge and heading back over to the AA Flagship...

Last edited by JDiver; May 19, 2015 at 5:26 pm Reason: Restore post
Old Aug 17, 2013, 7:53 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Plat
I recommend you head to CX F instead.
Old Aug 17, 2013, 7:55 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Galleries First T-3 has changed its offerings significantly in recent days - perhaps partially in response to so many of us heading there instead of the Club and Flagship Lounge?
Old Aug 17, 2013, 7:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

At some times during the day there is no hot food laid out in GF but it might be available to order ( there was a sign saying this when I was last in -pre BS)

Regards

TBS
Old Aug 17, 2013, 7:57 am

Programs: BA Silver | AA LT Gold | EY Silver | Marriott LT Titanium
What DWFI said.

I usually fly out of LHR on the AA 51, which means a morning departure. At that time, BA T3F does have a hot buffet - in fact it did not have one prior to the BS contract, so for morning flights T3F has actually improved relative to the old catering.

That being said, the AA FL can get fairly crowded depending on your departure time, and is a lot smaller than T3F. The food there can be better or worse depending on the time of day.

Just go to the CX F lounge instead and enjoy yourself some noodles.
Old Aug 17, 2013, 8:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by JDiver
Galleries First T-3 has changed its offerings significantly in recent days - perhaps partially in response to so many of us heading there instead of the Club and Flagship Lounge?
No, it was due to a BA catering change a couple of months ago and applies to all of the BA lounges. Many of us have been quite disappointed.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ay-2013-a.html
Old Aug 17, 2013, 9:58 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by Hyperacusis
What DWFI said.

Just go to the CX F lounge instead and enjoy yourself some noodles.

what else is on offer besides the noodles around 10 am? the last few times I've been there was early and left the lounge before 9 am.

btw, does anyone know what time does the elemis spa @ the t3 lounge start treatments?

cheers!
Old Aug 17, 2013, 2:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Hyperacusis
I usually fly out of LHR on the AA 51, which means a morning departure. At that time, BA T3F does have a hot buffet - in fact it did not have one prior to the BS contract, so for morning flights T3F has actually improved relative to the old catering.
I'd hardly call that an improvement, under the old contract the full English breakfast would be provided promptly to your order and was always properly hot. The somewhat tepid buffet presentation is not really up to the old quality standard.

It took several complaints after the changeover to get mushrooms and beans available as well, but at least that was rectified.
Old Aug 17, 2013, 6:44 pm

Is the T3 BA J lounge still better than the T3 AC?

Last edited by richarddd; Aug 17, 2013 at 6:54 pm
Old Aug 17, 2013, 7:31 pm

You do understand that to use the Elemis spa you must comply with the requirements below, right?

Originally Posted by Prospero
Spa treatments follow a different set of rules.

Arrivals
Passengers arriving off a BA long haul flight, having travelled in J or F class may use the spa in the T5 Arrivals lounge. Note, GCH travelling in WT/WT+ may also book a treatment in the arrivals spa. However, the Arrivals lounge closes at, I believe 14:00. Someone will correct me if I have this wrong.

Departures
Passengers departing on BA long haul flights in J or F class may book a treatment in the Elemis Spas at T3, T5 or T5B. GCHs travelling in WT/WT+ are also eligible.
<Thread link>

Originally Posted by nldogbert
what else is on offer besides the noodles around 10 am? the last few times I've been there was early and left the lounge before 9 am.

btw, does anyone know what time does the elemis spa @ the t3 lounge start treatments?

cheers!
Old Aug 17, 2013, 7:33 pm

Thanks for the correction. No fault of our own, entirely BA's - and sad! (Now that I think of it, the BA Galleries First lounge in T-5 was disappointing as well, compared to the "old days", iirc.) Gaack!

Originally Posted by rwoman
No, it was due to a BA catering change a couple of months ago and applies to all of the BA lounges. Many of us have been quite disappointed.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ay-2013-a.html
Old Aug 18, 2013, 4:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Thanks for the correction. No fault of our own, entirely BA's - and sad! (Now that I think of it, the BA Galleries First lounge in T-5 was disappointing as well, compared to the "old days", iirc.) Gaack!
Not sure about all of the BA lounges in the US, but, last month, IAD still had the individual packages of various Walkers biscuits.
Old Aug 18, 2013, 7:54 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
Originally Posted by richarddd
Yes.
Old Aug 18, 2013, 9:06 am

Programs: Recovering AA flyer, LT PLT 2.6 MM
You do understand that to use the Elemis spa you must comply with the requirements below, right?
The admissions are slightly more liberal than that... where you see "GCH" you can replace with "OW Emerald". I had the massage chair treatment in the arrival lounge just this Friday.

Here's a picture of what was on offer in the buffet as "Char Grilled Chicken" in the T5 Flounge last Sunday. Steamed chicken stuck in a salamander for a second or two on one side only, then placed in a catering tray with the singed side up to support the lie. Every piece in the tray was done that way. The picture shows an example of each side, though the singed side in the picture has a bit more color because it came into contact with orange gloop I had also sampled from the buffet. When I complained to the manager, she took down the "Char Grilled Chicken" sign and said, "Problem solved."

Despite the above, sadly, yes.

Last edited by sinanju; Aug 18, 2013 at 9:17 am
Old Aug 18, 2013, 9:13 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Bonvoy Tit, Hilton Dia etc etc
Yeah, the car comparison is funny and apt, but the downgrade for the J lounge has also been significant, especially when it comes to the timing of hot food on offer, as even a cursory reading of the really long threads in the BA forum will attest. They have done a real number on the whole operation.

Notwithstanding the fact that it is not easier to create a major pile of food on your plate due to buffet, the quality of the food has degraded in a major way. I was in T5 GF the day after the changeover in May and the comments in the book were vitriolic. Things have somewhat stabilized since, but if you happen into GF at lunchtime you will know the difference. They still serve real, decent champagne, but haven't come across LPGS in T5 in my recent trips.

Originally Posted by rwoman
Not sure about all of the BA lounges in the US, but, last month, IAD still had the individual packages of various Walkers biscuits.
This could be due to inventory overhang, but it's possible the transition of catering providers in the UK did not impact US lounges. From a volume and cost standpoint they are a world away, I can't imagine what BA spends to run the GF lounges at LHR.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.