Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

LUS: Dinner with US FA "GalleyWench" Tue 27 Oct 6 PM Lowell, NC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 13, 2015, 8:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Dinner with GalleyWench in Lowell, NC, 6 PM Tuesday 27 October 2015
Hillybilly's BBQ - 720 McAdenville Rd., Lowell, NC

Hillbilly's BBQ is easy to find, exit 23 off I-85 South.

As required by FlyerTalk Rules, this gathering has been posted in CommunityBuzz! here. This continues to be the main thread, and attendees are asked to indicate their attendance in this wiki and thread.

Who's in ? (Please indicate number of diners.)

GalleyWench
coachrowsey +1
gj83
AvidFlyer1990
Kudzu
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2015, 6:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Choice Hotels/FFOCUS

I trust the mods will let this remain here & thanks in advance guys.

Sorry for the short notice as this is a one night kind of thing when she will have one night available. GalleyWench was one of the most popular posters here & I know folks would love to meet her.
Hillybilly's BBQ 720 McAdenville Rd. Lowell,NC. This is easy to find exit 23 off I 85 South. Who's in ?
GalleyWench
coachrowsey +1
AvidFlye r1990
GJ83

Last edited by coachrowsey; Oct 26, 2015 at 1:12 pm Reason: List update
Old Oct 13, 2015, 7:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat, AMEX Plat, Hertz PC, Travels too Much Platinum
Would love to make it. My calendar is pretty much completely up in the air that week yet so can't commit yet, but the proximity to the CLT airport certainly makes it more possible. Will update once I know, thanks for the heads up.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
One of the few FT get togethers that I would love to attend, but I think I'm on the West Coast that week. I'll keep an eye out for changes and possible CLT routings.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 10:17 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Argh! I was hoping to be able to attend this, but of course the person whose schedule most important is GalleyWench's. My doc has my full attention for three days that week, and the 27th is smack dab in the middle. I'd prefer some 'cue and company, but...

Though I'm not one of the regular denizens of the US pre-merger forum other than as moderator and occasional contributor, I had wanted to attend so I could personally thank GalleyWench for her longtime contributions to this forum and wish her success in her personal and professional endeavors going forward with the new, blended airline.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 10:22 am

I am in!
Old Oct 14, 2015, 1:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gj83
I am in!
Awesome...will see you then.
Old Oct 19, 2015, 1:30 pm

Programs: A few airlines, hotel programs and car rentals
Moved to CLT sometime ago, and I'd love the chance to get to know some FT'ers in the area. If non-US/AA flyers are welcome (actually I did fly with them twice, in F ), please put me down as a strong maybe!
Old Oct 19, 2015, 2:55 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by AvidFlyer1990
Moved to CLT sometime ago, and I'd love the chance to get to know some FT'ers in the area. If non-US/AA flyers are welcome (actually I did fly with them twice, in F ), please put me down as a strong maybe!
Gatherings Of Members ("Dos")

A gathering of FlyerTalk members, often referred to as a "Do," is to be posted in the CommunityBuzz Forum, but the main thread may be in a different forum and then cross referenced to CommunityBuzz. Members may not be excluded from events announced on FlyerTalk based on factors such as gender, age, number of posts or location.
All FTers are welcome.
Old Oct 19, 2015, 6:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AvidFlyer1990
Hope you can make it.
Old Oct 19, 2015, 11:56 pm

Programs: A few airlines, hotel programs and car rentals
Originally Posted by JY1024
All FTers are welcome.
Originally Posted by coachrowsey
Hope you can make it.
Wonderful! Thanks so much for the warm welcome, guys! Much appreciated! I'm in! Will probably leave work a little early.
Old Oct 20, 2015, 12:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Sorry to have not seen this sooner. Hope to attend the next time one of these DOs occurs.
Old Oct 25, 2015, 3:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
Sorry to have not seen this sooner. Hope to attend the next time one of these DOs occurs.
I sure wish you could've made it.

Originally Posted by CPRich
One of the few FT get togethers that I would love to attend, but I think I'm on the West Coast that week. I'll keep an eye out for changes and possible CLT routings.
Wish you could make it.

Last edited by JY1024; Oct 27, 2015 at 3:27 pm Reason: merged consecutive posts from same user
Old Oct 26, 2015, 5:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat, AMEX Plat, Hertz PC, Travels too Much Platinum
Was hoping for a late change, but my work schedule doesn't take me through NC tomorrow. Please send my regards.
Old Oct 26, 2015, 5:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by phlwookie
Was hoping for a late change, but my work schedule doesn't take me through NC tomorrow. Please send my regards.
Will do. Sorry you make it. Hopefully next time.
Old Oct 27, 2015, 2:40 pm

Something has come up so I will not be able to make it until around 7 pm.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.