Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

New TATL flight bonus up to 125k miles [NAF15]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2015, 5:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances

New TATL flight bonus starting today, until Jan 31, 2016. Up to 125k miles, 25k miles per biz/first roundtrip.

http://www.aa.com/viewPromotionDetai...&_locale=en_US

As before, already booked flights for the bonus period seem to count for AA (in contrast to the relevant BA offer ). How not to love this airline?
Old Sep 22, 2015, 5:16 pm

Programs: United: 1K, BA: Silver, IHG: Plat, Hyatt: Plat, Marriott: Gold, SPG: Gold, Avis: Chairman
Originally Posted by nk15
New TATL flight bonus starting today, until Jan 31, 2016. Up to 125k miles, 25k miles per biz/first roundtrip.

http://www.aa.com/viewPromotionDetai...&_locale=en_US

As before, already booked flights for the bonus period seem to count for AA (in contrast to the relevant BA offer ). How not to love this airline?
Love it! Thank you! I saw the promo e-mail from BA and as always, i already have my flights booked in advance. Glad AA are matching the promotion and don't have the booking requirement! Shall be banking all my flights to AA until end of Jan '16!
Old Sep 22, 2015, 6:05 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
This is great, I have 2 JAL flights to asia that get 2x rdms on the asia promo and 2 EU flights that will be in this promo period. Should help get my balance back up for another 5x CX J awards for next years family vacation ;-)
Old Sep 22, 2015, 9:48 pm

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
The text in the offer says:
Simply register prior to travel using promotion code NAF15, purchase a qualifying First Class, Business Class or select Economy Class fare ticket* and complete travel by January 31, 2016.

The conditions just say:
Registration prior to travel is required using Promotion Code NAF15 at www.aa.com/offers.

So, who knows what will happen. But you have nothing to lose by registering and AA has done it differently before.
Old Sep 22, 2015, 11:07 pm

Programs: AA EP | UA 1K
a great deal but i avoid mileage runs to europe. the cost per mile is so much higher than flying to asia. Plus ASIA4 is still going on as well
Old Sep 22, 2015, 11:26 pm

Programs: FlyingBlue (Platinum); AA (Executive Plat); BAEC (Silver), SPG (Platinum); Hilton (Diamond)
I''m curious if anyone can speculate based on last year's promo whether or not a one-way flight will get half the bonus. While the highlights indicate this is for round-trip travel, the Ts&Cs indicate half the miles will post after each qualifying TATL segment. Bottom line, I know according to the Ts&Cs the flights have to be round trip to qualify, but given AA is flagging the crediting will occur per segment, I'm wondering if I might get half the bonus for a one-way over the Atlantic I have booked.
Old Sep 23, 2015, 2:45 am

Programs: SK Diamond, QR Platinum, AA Platinum, BA Silver, IHG Gold Ambassador
I have a lot of TATL-flights originating in Europe coming up (ex-Norway mistake fare). It will be interesting to see if you still get points for flying the "wrong way"..
Old Sep 23, 2015, 3:25 am

Programs: AA (EXP); among others :)
Originally Posted by sexten
I have a lot of TATL-flights originating in Europe coming up (ex-Norway mistake fare). It will be interesting to see if you still get points for flying the "wrong way"..
Most likely, yes, if past promos with identical requirements are any indication.
Old Sep 23, 2015, 7:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by ocdb8r
I''m curious if anyone can speculate based on last year's promo whether or not a one-way flight will get half the bonus. While the highlights indicate this is for round-trip travel, the Ts&Cs indicate half the miles will post after each qualifying TATL segment. Bottom line, I know according to the Ts&Cs the flights have to be round trip to qualify, but given AA is flagging the crediting will occur per segment, I'm wondering if I might get half the bonus for a one-way over the Atlantic I have booked.
Based on past experience with AA, every TATL crossing gets half the bonus immediately posted after the flight together with the regular miles. It doesn't matter if it originates in Europe or N. America, if it is an open jaw or double open jaw, if the crossing was part of a longer trip with a prior or onward connection, or if they were booked before the offer started or not, as long as the crossing happens within the promo period and you have registered for the promo before the flight. It seems that the system just "sees" the TATL crossing and awards the bonus, with no other criteria than bonus registration and flight dates within the period. So, even though I am not sure about the one way trips, it is very likely that the system will just award the points after the crossing. I don't know if it will be any different this time, but I believe it will probably be the same, which is a great and very inclusive and fair system.
Old Sep 23, 2015, 7:49 am

Programs: SK Diamond, QR Platinum, AA Platinum, BA Silver, IHG Gold Ambassador
That is interesting information, considering I have not participated in a promo like this before.
A bit annoying that the promo ends the day before a biz flight ORD-LHR and another 2 return trips shortly after..

Nevertheless, amazing promo by AA!
Old Sep 23, 2015, 7:52 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Shouldn't AA have sent me an email announcing this promo?--are they trying to keep it a secret.?
Thanks to FT, I now registered (and received a confirmation).
Old Sep 23, 2015, 10:15 am

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by nrr
Shouldn't AA have sent me an email announcing this promo?--are they trying to keep it a secret.?
Thanks to FT, I now registered (and received a confirmation).
I just received an email!
Old Sep 23, 2015, 10:34 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
^ To this promo! Flying the 77W TATL in F in November both directions. This is an added bonus and all the more reason to fly AA!
Old Sep 23, 2015, 11:22 am

Anyone know might be part of this one?
Have a flight tomorrow TLV-PHL in J and still considering whether I should credit to AA or BA...
Old Sep 23, 2015, 11:33 am

Programs: AA CK/MM, Centurion
Just a few hours from stepping foot on AA78 in paid J! Right in time!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.