Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

CLT / Charlotte Douglas Int'l. Airport Concourse C/D Admirals Club (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 4, 2015, 8:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Charlotte Douglas Admirals Club

Link to CLT information on aa.com.
Link to CLT web site

Location: The Charlotte Douglas International Airport Admirals Club is in "Intersection of C and D concourses." (aa.com)

Hours: Please see here on aa.com for current hours and further information.

Amenities:
  • Complimentary Wi-Fi
  • Food for purchase
  • Conference Rooms
Print Wikipost

CLT / Charlotte Douglas Int'l. Airport Concourse C/D Admirals Club (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2009, 6:03 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
CLT / Charlotte Douglas International Airport Intersection of C/D Concourses Admirals

CLT / Charlotte Douglas International Airport Intersection of C/D Concourses Admirals Club
Old Dec 30, 2014, 10:39 am

Hi,

I don't know if this is the right place for this - if I am in the wrong area please feel free to either move it or let me know!

My wife, a couple of friends and I have a long layover (6+ hours) in the Charlotte Airport and I wanted to know if it is worth it to pay the $50 each for a one-day pass to get in to the US Airways Lounge there.

Thanks,

Brian
Old Dec 30, 2014, 11:01 am

Programs: US CP; Starwood Platinum
Originally Posted by bwgreen
Hi,

I don't know if this is the right place for this - if I am in the wrong area please feel free to either move it or let me know!

My wife, a couple of friends and I have a long layover (6+ hours) in the Charlotte Airport and I wanted to know if it is worth it to pay the $50 each for a one-day pass to get in to the US Airways Lounge there.

Thanks,

Brian
It depends...

What day of the week are you traveling? If on a weekend, Charlotte's terminals are pretty manageable, but during the week, they are very crowded and unpleasant.

Do you need wireless Internet? The club's wifi will be much better than the free and perpetually overburdened wireless for the airport as a whole.

What about food? The club will have crackers, fruit, little cheese packets, anything you want to drink, but nothing close to a full meal if you need to set aside time for that.

The club itself is very large with lots of seating and outlets.
Old Dec 30, 2014, 11:05 am

Programs: AA EP, AA AC
Hi,

Thanks,

Brian
No its, not for those passes, but the 30 day $99 dollar pass for one of you is a better value IMHO.

Safe Travels
Old Dec 30, 2014, 11:37 am

Originally Posted by 02143
It depends...

What day of the week are you traveling? If on a weekend, Charlotte's terminals are pretty manageable, but during the week, they are very crowded and unpleasant.

Do you need wireless Internet? The club's wifi will be much better than the free and perpetually overburdened wireless for the airport as a whole.

What about food? The club will have crackers, fruit, little cheese packets, anything you want to drink, but nothing close to a full meal if you need to set aside time for that.

The club itself is very large with lots of seating and outlets.
We are going YOW -> CLT -> EYW on a Friday (Jan 16), arriving in CLT just after 10:15 and departing 16:30 - so over 6 hours (a little less than that when you add in the time for boarding). We would probably want to get some lunch as well since it's gonna be a LONG day! WiFi - while nice to have, it's not essential.

As for the suggestion of the 30-day pass - we aren't going to be able to use it anywhere in the timeframe we'll have it.
Old Dec 30, 2014, 11:46 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Have you looked through this thread in the US forum?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-ai...e-airport.html

With 6 hours, you might have time to leave the airport, and there's some suggestions for things to do in that thread.
Old Dec 30, 2014, 2:39 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, MR-PP
With 6 hours and 4 people ($200) you are better off to get a cab (should be round $40 one way) to uptown Charlotte and do something there and apply $120 towards a good restaurant food.
Old Dec 30, 2014, 3:17 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
As for the suggestion of the 30-day pass - we aren't going to be able to use it anywhere in the timeframe we'll have it.
While you might not have any other use for the 30-day membership, it would reduce your cost for this visit if you decise you want to use the club. The 30-day membership for one of you would allow two guests, so you'd get three people into the club for $99. Add another day pass for $50, and the total cost for three people is $149 rather than $200 if you buy four day passes. Still questionable whether this is the best option, but it is a cheaper way to get four people in.
hinsopa likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2014, 3:41 pm

Thanks T/BE20/G - I didn't realize it was for 3 people!
Old Dec 30, 2014, 5:58 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
We are going YOW -> CLT -> EYW on a Friday (Jan 16), arriving in CLT just after 10:15 and departing 16:30 - so over 6 hours (a little less than that when you add in the time for boarding). We would probably want to get some lunch as well since it's gonna be a LONG day! WiFi - while nice to have, it's not essential.

The 30 day "pass" is actually a full Club membership @:-), with which you can bring two guests. Otherwise each member of your party will have to purchase their own $50 pass. Clubs do offer food for purchases, free lower shelf drinks and upper shelf for purchase.

Do follow up on aztimm's suggestion.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 4:13 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Lounge at Charlotte Airport

6 hours is a long time. Charlotte is a banked hub, and a zoo when everyone is connecting and dead otherwise. the 30 day lounge pass is a good suggestion, especially since you can come and go.

if you like fried chicken, bojangles in concourse B is great. myself and 2 other friends took 3 meals into the envoy cabin to gig and let's just say there were lots of envious passengers.

With a long travel day, sometimes doing nothing is a nice luxury. if there are more than 3 of you, consider looking at conference room rates to get your entire party access for 1 price.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 8:09 am

Programs: AS 100K
Originally Posted by iztok
With 6 hours and 4 people ($200) you are better off to get a cab (should be round $40 one way) to uptown Charlotte and do something there and apply $120 towards a good restaurant food.
Or, better yet, take an Uber to Uptown for less than $20 each way and go get a nice meal. Tons of great food - PM me if you want specific suggestions.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 11:24 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
If I was you, I would rent a car and go around the town, get a good meal, do the Charlotte must do's (I duno what are things to do, but there must be some good places to go to).

When I have time to kill at an airport, I sometimes just go get some local gifts for my wife/daughter.

With $149, you should be able to do a lot of stuff better than going to a US lounge with NO showers.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
I think CLT has some of the best food court options in the country. There are areas in the main concourse with rocking chairs to sit in. If you want a quiet section to sit, I'd go to the A concourse. But I wouldn't pay almost $200 to sit in any club for a few hours. Also, Uptown Charlotte is not that far away. And if the weather is nice, it may be the best option.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 6:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM
Originally Posted by Fanjet
I think CLT has some of the best food court options in the country. There are areas in the main concourse with rocking chairs to sit in. If you want a quiet section to sit, I'd go to the A concourse. But I wouldn't pay almost $200 to sit in any club for a few hours. Also, Uptown Charlotte is not that far away. And if the weather is nice, it may be the best option.
May be the best option regardless of weather. On a rainy day last January I took the bus in to Charlotte, walked around a bit, got a nice meal, and took the bus back. All in about 3 hours. 6 hours is a very long time to spend in an airport lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.