Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Access to Liaison for 037 (US) - Award Tickets

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2015, 11:10 am
Original Poster

I am ticketed by US Airways for award travel on One World partner late this summer. The operating airline issued a schedule change that only be rectified with release of award inventory on new flights where no award inventory currently exists.

Since there is no more Dividend Miles, I must call AA Advantage to handle this situation (as per the AA Twitter team). So, I called the AA Advantage Gold line and the agent can't access the reservation. She transfers me to what I believe is a specialized group within AA Advantage that can handle US Airways 037- award tickets.

This agent says that there is no award inventory on the alternative flights, which of course I already knew having first checked myself at BA.com. I mention the liaison option, which I have used in the past with AA 001- award tickets. The agent has heard of the liaison process but says that process in not available to passengers on 037- award tickets. Is the agent correct?

It would seem odd that the AA Advantage agent who handles 037- award tickets couldn't log the issue and queue it to the liaison for resolution.

I will try HUCA approach, but the above process to get to the AA Advantage agent who handles 037- award tickets takes about 30 minutes.
Old Apr 26, 2015, 11:51 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Bad agent. It will take a 2nd tier supervisor and thus time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.