Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2009, 10:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 1MM
Targeted Promo: Wi-Fi In The Sky Free Through August 23rd

Wi-Fi In The Sky Is Here
And Free For A Limited Time!

Dear **** ***,

Our new onboard Internet connectivity is rolling out with more planes being completed every week. The service is now available on all Boeing 767-200 aircraft, and it's currently being installed on select MD80 aircraft*. To celebrate our progress, we're making the service available to you for free this summer!

If you fly on one of our Internet-equipped planes this summer, simply use your special promotion code to connect with your Wi-Fi enabled laptop or mobile device. Then kick back and check your email, use your VPN, send instant messages or just enjoy surfing the web.

This special offer is only valid from July 13, 2009, through August 23, 2009.

Promotion Code: <deleted as promo is targeted>

Now I might surf the internet.

Last edited by JDiver; Jul 12, 2009 at 2:41 pm Reason: redacted promo targeted code
Old Jul 12, 2009, 10:17 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Most excellent find! Thanks for sharing ^

(I hadn't checked my email before replying- I have it as well. Maybe it's going out to all AAdvantage members as away to get us hooked, drug-dealer style: The first one is free...)

Cheers.
Old Jul 12, 2009, 10:22 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
I got the same email, the code <redacted> seems to be generic, so it can be used all summer!

Last edited by JDiver; Jul 12, 2009 at 2:25 pm Reason: redacted targeted promo code
Old Jul 12, 2009, 10:32 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hertz Club Gold, HHonors Gold
I got the same email and code!
Old Jul 12, 2009, 10:36 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
WooHoo! Thanks!!
Old Jul 12, 2009, 10:38 am

Programs: American Plat, Starwood Plat
I hope that they roll out more service during the period - I don't fly to New York...

The gogo website doesn't indicate more data on which md80s has this service added yet. Is there any word yet on additional routes?

Conroy
Old Jul 12, 2009, 10:41 am

Programs: AA PLT/2MM, SWA A+, SPG Titanium, Avis Chairman
Curses, was on a gogo MD80 Friday and was too cheap to shell out for the service. Will definitely use this next time. Thanks OP.

And I will look to see if there is a thread for discussing it, but gogo was installed on my MD80 from ORD-TUS Friday evening.
Old Jul 12, 2009, 11:09 am

Programs: AA EXP, 1 MM, AC, HH Diamond, Marriott Silver, Hertz 5*
Received the same promotion code.

Good move by AA to let pax try it out.
Old Jul 12, 2009, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by conroy
I hope that they roll out more service during the period - I don't fly to New York...

The gogo website doesn't indicate more data on which md80s has this service added yet. Is there any word yet on additional routes?

Conroy
any1?
Old Jul 12, 2009, 11:26 am

Programs: AA - EXP 2MM+, Marriott PLT, UA, National Exec
YEAH! thanks,
Old Jul 12, 2009, 11:57 am

i tried the service (paid) a few months back on JFK-SFO i think; couldn't get it working on my laptop but worked fine with my iphone and blackberry wifi. people kept looking at me as if i were crazy for using a cell phone on the plane.

it was actually quite annoying as the only in-seat power was via the lighter connector which i obviously wasn't carrying. after trying a while to no avail my laptop ran out of juice.

anyway, you might want to bring an extra gadget to ticker around with just in case there's some incompatibility with the laptop.
Old Jul 12, 2009, 11:59 am

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Thanks alot!!
Old Jul 12, 2009, 12:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 1 MM, AC, HH Diamond, Marriott Silver, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by grimani
it was actually quite annoying as the only in-seat power was via the lighter connector which i obviously wasn't carrying. after trying a while to no avail my laptop ran out of juice.
If you've flown much on AA or checked their website, that shouldn't have been a big surprise.

Actually, AA is very generous with power ports. But it's up to you to carry the adapter.
Old Jul 12, 2009, 12:08 pm

yeah, i guess so. i'm probably one of the few EXP that don't deserve it - i get most of my miles on other carriers. don't fly AA that often anymore after moving - but aadvantage is 50x better than everything else out there
Old Jul 12, 2009, 12:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Thanks.. I just checked and I got the same email.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.