Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Promo / Discount Code / Codes requests and/or offers (consolidated)

Old Feb 21, 2013, 7:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
MODERATOR GUIDEPOST

Please note that at this time there is no current (2013) Promo Code thread. We apologize for the possible inconvenience, but we can no longer support such a thread for various reasons.

Thank you for your interest; Google is your friend.

/American AAdvantage Forum Moderation Team
Print Wikipost

Old Apr 7, 2008, 12:19 pm
Original Poster

Hi,

I am planning on flying out from JFK - UVF in early July with my wife. I have scoured the internet for promo codes or deals and have come up empty handed. I saw one deal for %20 off the flights but it ended already.

Does anyone know of any running promos for that exchange - or where to start looking to find them?

The flights are about 650 apiece. Would you hang around and wait for a price drop, or pull the trigger and get them now if I can't find any discounts?

Thanks for your help,

Chad
Old Apr 7, 2008, 1:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Gold
I haven't seen any deals %off specials being run, but that's in conjunction with a general lack of DF promotions going on. As I seem to remember, most of these were given out through DF, so best of luck.

Has anyone else noticed this? Or is it just me that seems to believe that DF stopped sending out codes.
Old Nov 10, 2008, 7:28 am

Promo / Discount Code requests (consolidated)

Hello,

I'd like to fly aa from BNA to ORD next month. Anyone know of any valid promo codes for this?

Thank you!

MODERATOR'S NOTE: Please READ the NEWCOMERS: PLEASE READ FIRST Announcement, which states, in part,

8. Posts or threads advocating fraud or violation of AA terms and conditions, offers or requests for miles, points, proprietary promotional codes, etc. and exchanges for same are not allowed on this Forum; such posts or threads will generally be deleted - sometimes summarily. Egregious violations may result in discipline up to and including suspension of membership privileges.

For a comprehensive look at the TOS / FlyerTalk Rules, which you agreed to abide by when you were granted FlyerTalk membership and posting privileges, please read here (Guidelines and Rules should pop up in a new window.)

Welcome, and enjoy the forum.

Last edited by JDiver; Feb 8, 2010 at 2:45 pm Reason: insert Moderator's note
Old Nov 10, 2008, 8:02 am

Programs: AA EXP, US Chairman, CO, DL, NW, MR Gold, HH
Good gravy...

Found a couple of flights on AA for 185.00...how cheap do you want it? Free maybe?

If that is too expensive...try Southwest...$157 round trip...god I love 1st Time Posters!!
Old Nov 10, 2008, 8:14 am

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by mifam
hello,

i'd like to fly aa from bna to ord next month. Anyone know of any valid promo codes for this?

Thank you!
ordzordimbord234
Old Nov 10, 2008, 8:25 am

Programs: Mucci Diamond Hairbrush Elite, AA Plat, BA Blue, and a host of others.
No "hi, how are you", or "my name is ...", nothin'. Straight to the codes. Not so much as a cocktail first.
Old Nov 10, 2008, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by mifam
Hello,

I'd like to fly aa from BNA to ORD next month. Anyone know of any valid promo codes for this?

Thank you!
1. Signup for Fatwallet
2. Search for Entertainment Book on Fatwallet website
3. Follow the link to buy a book.
4. The rebate recently was $6 and the books were on sale for $5 off with free shipping.
5. After buying a book you, you should be able to access a 5 percent code
6. After receiving the book, you shoud be able to register the card and get another code.

7. If you are traveling to Ord to attend a convention, then you should check with the organizers about an AA discount
Old Nov 10, 2008, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dxp178
Good gravy...

Found a couple of flights on AA for 185.00...how cheap do you want it? Free maybe?

If that is too expensive...try Southwest...$157 round trip...god I love 1st Time Posters!!
Yep, and if you fly WN enough, you can use RR's to exciting destinations like Tulsa. Oh wait, this morning they announced codeshares with a Mexican airline.
Old Nov 10, 2008, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by dfotn
No "hi, how are you", or "my name is ...", nothin'. Straight to the codes. Not so much as a cocktail first.
I feel so "used".

Seriously, this is the type of member that Flyertalk is trying to attract. Please be nice to him, soon these will be all there is here.
Old Nov 10, 2008, 10:55 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by mvoight
5. After buying a book you, you should be able to access a 5 percent code
Almost. They're currently out of codes (just bought mine last week doing exactly as you outlined). They should be getting more today, I was told.

Cheers.
Old Jan 7, 2009, 9:15 pm

looking for a promo code? (merged)

Hi. Does anyone know of any promo codes that I can use for a flight from YVR-MIA Feb 21-Mar2? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old Jan 7, 2009, 9:31 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Search on "Entertainment Book." This will yield a 5% coupon.

Cheers.
Old Jan 7, 2009, 10:12 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Moderator note: If it's not public or easily available to the public, it likely can't be discussed here (e.g. proprietary codes, convention and conference codes, etc.) as that would result in post or thread deletion.

Note: The AA Rainbow Site for GLBT people and their friends may list some discounts; links in the Unofficial Users' Guide.

Last edited by JDiver; Jan 26, 2009 at 9:13 am
Old Jan 7, 2009, 11:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by inar
hi. Does anyone know of any promo codes that i can use for a flight from yvr-mia feb 21-mar2? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
As noted above, if you want to travel to a Gay, Lesbian, Bi, or Transgendered events, there is a list at http://www.aa.com/aa/pubcontent/en_US/urls/rainbow.jsp
Look for the link for LGBT Community Events or go directly to http://www.aa.com/content/images/pro...nbowEvents.pdf

You can also get Entertainment Books at a discount PLUS get a nice rebate on Fatwallet.com
This will give you 2 codes for 5 percent off. One when you buy the book and one when you receive the book and register the card.

From time to time, AA might send you promo codes.

Last edited by mvoight; Jan 7, 2009 at 11:42 pm
Old Jan 8, 2009, 1:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by inar
Hi. Does anyone know of any promo codes that I can use for a flight from YVR-MIA Feb 21-Mar2? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi, inar. Welcome to Flyertalk.

Since every one of your posts so far is starting a thread to ask for information (except one post thanking those who provided that information) I wanted to make sure that you knew that there are other, more effective, ways of getting information here on Flyertalk. I would suggest starting with the announcement at the top of every page of this forum: Newcomers to this forum: PLEASE READ FIRST. It will point you to the Wiki and the Unofficial User's Guide, as well as the search function.

I mention this because it is impossible to acquire in-depth knowledge of anything as complex as American's frequent flyer program by asking questions. Nobody knows enough to ask all the questions. The best way to improve your flying experience is to research the answers to your questions first, and ask only if diligent research fails to provide an answer. Everytime I research a question, I find not only the answer to that question, but the answers to at least 10 more questions that it hadn't occurred to me to ponder. I'm sure you will have that same experience.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.