Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum! million miles - brag etc. (ended 30 Nov 2011)

Old Oct 29, 2012, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
MODERATOR NOTE

THIS PROGRAM ENDED 30 NOV 2011 - see the new thread linked to below for current information.
● The terms of the undocumented lifetime status million miles from any / all sources program ended 30 Nov 2011; please read the new
AAdvantage® Million Miler Program Launched on 1 Dec 2011 for the current terms and conditions.

● To shout out how you made 1MM, 2MM or even more under the new program, please share in:
Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum with NEW Million Miler Program! (>1 Dec 2011)
American AAdvantage Forum Moderator Team
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum! million miles - brag etc. (ended 30 Nov 2011)

Old Mar 8, 2010, 4:38 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Originally Posted by flyermatthew
I passed 2MM in early February, with eVIPs posted two weeks ago. I received the 2MM kit with the lifetime PLT status note in today's postal mail.

Time from 0-1,000,000: 20 years
Time from 1,000,000 - 2,000,000: just under 2 years
Time on FT: 2.5 years. coincidence?
Great correlation. Congrats to all the recent achievers.
Old Mar 12, 2010, 8:58 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.2M, SPG Platinum
My two Malev segments from back in December posted this week which crossed me over two million. It took just over eight years of travel with the last two years including Citi credit card miles as well.
Old Mar 14, 2010, 10:41 pm
GSR

Programs: AA 2MM
Originally Posted by bcm0830
I just called AAdvantage customer service, and they confirmed I am lifetime PLAT as a result of crossing 2MM last month. The 4 eVIPs are already in my account with Feb, 2012 expiration. I'm still waiting on the letter to arrive in the mail with my new tags, etc.
I crossed 2MM in January 2010. How do I see if the eVIPs have posted to my account?
Old Mar 14, 2010, 10:43 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Originally Posted by GSR
I crossed 2MM in January 2010. How do I see if the eVIPs have posted to my account?
Congrats. Log into ur AA acct. Then view your account. At the top, it will say view my upgrades next to view my miles. They should be listed there if they are already posted.
Old Mar 15, 2010, 10:27 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 100K, AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Just made Gold

Tipped the 1mm mile mark last week and my status now says, "GOLD". Looks like they do the update on Sunday night.

Thanks for all of the help from FlyerTalk members in helping me reach this milestone.
Old Mar 15, 2010, 7:35 pm
GSR

Programs: AA 2MM
Originally Posted by chanp
Congrats. Log into ur AA acct. Then view your account. At the top, it will say view my upgrades next to view my miles. They should be listed there if they are already posted.
Awesome; thanks! It shows 4 in my account. Woo hoo.
Old Mar 15, 2010, 11:48 pm

made it!

I'm at 1,025,140 miles! The agent at the counter couldn't give me free luggage since it didn't say Gold on my account yet but I think it must take awhile. I'm happy just to have free luggage and priority access at the airport! It will make traveling a little more rewarding.
Old Mar 16, 2010, 11:24 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton HHonors Silver, Starwood
My husband and I are just leisure travelers -- we had been Gold for the last several years, but, due to illness and inability to travel enough last year, we lost it March 1. I transferred points from Starwood to get Lifetime Gold, so we could keep the free luggage, priority access, and ability to use upgrades.
Miles posted last week, account said "Gold" again yesterday, and upgrades were there today.
Thanks to all who helped a lurker learn and prosper.
DG
Old Mar 17, 2010, 8:48 am

Programs: DL-PM, TK-Elite, AA-lifetime gold, SPG-Plat
I just crossed the 1 million 'program to date' miles mark a few days ago when my citibank statement miles posted to my account. I was wondering how long it takes for the lifetime gold status to show on my account. Do I need to call in or is there an automatic sweep? I currently have no status this year on AA if that makes a difference. I have a trip coming up in 2 weeks and I would like the gold status to show on my account by then, if for no other reason then to avoid the baggage fees.
Old Mar 17, 2010, 11:06 am

Programs: AA EXP/2 MM
Originally Posted by acf1270
I was wondering how long it takes for the lifetime gold status to show on my account. Do I need to call in or is there an automatic sweep? I
For starters see post #889 in this thread (4 posts before yours.)
Old Mar 22, 2010, 1:22 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
Talking I hit 2 Million Miles Today!!!

Finally hit 2 million miles - posted to my account Sunday night, I guess. Status still shows as gold, however. How long will it take for the system to upgrade my status to PLT? Have a flight later in the week, would sure like to upgrade if I can!
Old Mar 22, 2010, 1:38 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: aa plt 4.9MM LTAC
call aadv cs, they can get the status changed....good luck.
Old Mar 22, 2010, 1:42 pm

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
Welcome to FT!

There's a thread for things like this: Lifetime status: just made Gold/Platinum for life! shout & brag etc. consolidated

As a newcomer you were probably unaware of the Search function which is available on the top right of the forum list. No doubt it will come in handy in the future as it will help you in navigating to all kinds of helpful info.

Congratulations!

Last edited by aaupgrade; Mar 22, 2010 at 1:47 pm
Old Mar 22, 2010, 1:50 pm

Programs: DL PM, AA PLT/2MM
Calling AA generally won't make things happen any more quickly. Once a week, the AA computer sweeps through the accounts and picks up any that have crossed 2 million miles during the previous week. This generally happens on Sunday.

By next Monday, you should be able to log in to your account online and see your status updated to platinum. You will receive an email from AA shortly after that and the SWUs will be deposited into your accounts. Expect your new platinum ID card in the mail some time within the next couple months.
Old Mar 22, 2010, 2:19 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Congratulations! That's a greAAt milestone

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.