Wiki Posts
Search

Viola! I'm in First-- Thanks AA!!!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2004, 6:24 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, BA GLD, FT < 30 y
Thumbs up Viola! I'm in First-- Thanks AA!!!

I have been waiting for an upgrade to clear, checking ITN, calling the PLT desk, and also the seat map on AA.com. Just now I logged in and one moment was in the exit row, and then when I clicked back-- Viola! was reseated in First.

God, I love this airline! What a way to start my day!

Thank you AA for your great upgrade policy and for letting paying passengers fly in F!
Old Jul 21, 2004, 6:29 am

And remember, when speaking to the platinum desk or scoring a symphonic work, always ask for Viola.
Old Jul 21, 2004, 6:39 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by CharlesMD
I have been waiting for an upgrade to clear, checking ITN, calling the PLT desk, and also the seat map on AA.com. Just now I logged in and one moment was in the exit row, and then when I clicked back-- Viola! was reseated in First.

Thank you AA for your great upgrade policy and for letting paying passengers fly in F!
Are you gonna' be posting like this every time a domestic upgrade clears?
Old Jul 21, 2004, 6:52 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, BA GLD, FT < 30 y
Yeah-- just wait till I make EXP. Seriously, it was the first time I've seen an upgrade clear in realtime.
Old Jul 21, 2004, 6:55 am
SK

Next time maybe Cello will be reseated in First
Viola! was reseated in First.
Old Jul 21, 2004, 7:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by SK
Next time maybe Cello will be reseated in First
LOL! I guess doctors shouldn't be allowed to practice French without a license .
Old Jul 21, 2004, 8:02 am

Programs: AA ExecutivePlat; Delta Platinum; Aeroplan Prestige; SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by vasantn
LOL! I guess doctors shouldn't be allowed to practice French without a license .

Quelques médecins n'ont pas besoin d'un permis.
Old Jul 21, 2004, 8:06 am

Did it clear at the 72 hour mark? Earlier? Later?
Old Jul 21, 2004, 8:15 am

Who cares?
Old Jul 21, 2004, 8:28 am

Programs: AA EXP/4MM, QF PLT, Marriott PLT
Thumbs down

Thats nice that you're enjoying your relationship with AA and all, but these regular updates from you are not adding any value to my experience on FT.

If we all posted when we got an upgrade, a waiver, or a nice FA, the board would collapse. I'm all for posting when something extraordinary happens, but despite what some would think, a PLT getting an upgrade doesn't make the cut, IMO.
Old Jul 21, 2004, 9:55 am

What does it matter. You don't need to read all th eposts do you?

Can't see for the life of me how the OP could possibly upset you

Originally Posted by bollar
Thats nice that you're enjoying your relationship with AA and all, but these regular updates from you are not adding any value to my experience on FT.

If we all posted when we got an upgrade, a waiver, or a nice FA, the board would collapse. I'm all for posting when something extraordinary happens, but despite what some would think, a PLT getting an upgrade doesn't make the cut, IMO.
Old Jul 21, 2004, 10:40 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by sdix
What does it matter. You don't need to read all th eposts do you?

Can't see for the life of me how the OP could possibly upset you
Good point. All the extraneous posts should be ok since we can just avoid them.

Why just the other day I was on an AA flight that took off and landed on time. Imagine that. Just wanted to share. Of course, please feel free to not read this if you so choose...

Cheers.
Old Jul 21, 2004, 11:00 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LT Plt, Mets fan
Upgrades are music to my ears...

I guess from time to time everyone wants to trumpet the enjoyable moments of their lives. To some extent, the FFs of an airline want to drum up support for their favorite carrier to assure its survival and orchestrate its prosperity; I think that's all this post was meant to "cymbal"-ize If we all did it every time, it would be a bit much, but there's no need to react with threats or a "violin"-t reaction.
Old Jul 21, 2004, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by brp
Why just the other day I was on an AA flight that took off and landed on time. Imagine that. Just wanted to share. Of course, please feel free to not read this if you so choose...

I'm going to be flying next week. I wonder if my flight will be as good as yours. What do you think?

Old Jul 21, 2004, 11:29 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by CO FF
I guess from time to time everyone wants to trumpet the enjoyable moments of their lives. To some extent, the FFs of an airline want to drum up support for their favorite carrier to assure its survival and orchestrate its prosperity; I think that's all this post was meant to "cymbal"-ize If we all did it every time, it would be a bit much, but there's no need to react with threats or a "violin"-t reaction.
It's saxy posts like this that are instrumental in giving an organic feel to this board. Makes me just want to reed more, shiver me timbres....ok, enough...

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.