No holds allowed for LAN reservations

Old Aug 10, 2012, 2:00 pm
Original Poster

No holds allowed for LAN reservations

Tried to put a hold on an award on LAN, agent said they are not allowed to hold LA awards, but be booked immediately. Is this new?
Old Aug 10, 2012, 2:25 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold
Originally Posted by j0eshmo85
Tried to put a hold on an award on LAN, agent said they are not allowed to hold LA awards, but be booked immediately. Is this new?

Four months ago, this issue did not exist, since I was able to put on hold some awards with LAN involved.

First time I encountered this problem was in mid-July of this year. I had to book immediately, no holds.

IIRC, they told me it was an IT issue and they were working around it.
Seems they are still having issues with holding an award reservation for LAN.
Old Aug 10, 2012, 2:44 pm

Programs: AA GOLD
I was recently told by a phone agent that as of July 5th LAN awards could no longer be held as a matter of policy (i.e. it's not a technical glitch).
Old Aug 10, 2012, 3:51 pm
Suspended

And phone agents are always right. They've had some good inside information about whether US and AA will merge.
Old Aug 10, 2012, 6:57 pm
Original Poster

Called back several more times

Agent 1: no hold IT problem

Agent 2: Gave me a 5 day hold with record locator

Agent 3: Called to make changes to reservation I had on hold, say LAN policy that LAN awards not be put on hold. Tells me Agent 2 broke the rules.

So looks like it's new policy that some agents follow and some don't.
Old Aug 10, 2012, 7:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Does the no-hold policy also apply to Explorer awards with one or more LAN segments?
Old Aug 13, 2012, 11:51 pm
Original Poster

Not sure, my itinerary only had AA and LA flights.

Originally Posted by guv1976
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Does the no-hold policy also apply to Explorer awards with one or more LAN segments?
Old Aug 14, 2012, 3:35 am

Programs: LAN, AA, SPG
LAN is in the middle of a systems conversion from Amadeus to Sabre. Perhaps once this is completed the old hold policy will return. The official conversion date is supposed to be September 7th.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 12:07 pm

Just called EXP desk to check availability for LAN award. Inventory I wanted was there and aagent had no problem putting the award ticket on a 5-day courtesy hold for me.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 12:21 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP, DL PLT, UA 1P, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by guv1976

Yes they do! I just recently put together an explorer award involving 3-4 LAN flights and had to "omit" those flights and hope the availability would not change while I was finalizing my other plans. Everything worked out in the end and I will get to go to Easter Island after all , but LAN flights can not be held.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 12:23 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP, DL PLT, UA 1P, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Ross0
Just called EXP desk to check availability for LAN award. Inventory I wanted was there and aagent had no problem putting the award ticket on a 5-day courtesy hold for me.
Luck you but they went against LAN rules . I had that happen once and a few days later when I called LAN segments were missing on the held award. Let's hope that does not happen to you
Old Sep 10, 2012, 1:39 pm

A few weeks ago I booked 10 trips on LAN using miles for a big trip next year. The CK desk was split almost equally about the ability to hold LAN awards. Some swore you could not while others said of course you can. I was able to hold awards when the CK agents allowed me to.

On a related note, the CK agents were also quite split on LAN availablity. Some could see the awards that I saw using KVS while others could not.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 1:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K, B6 Mosaic
Originally Posted by Ross0
I put a LAN award on 5-day hold the other day. Called back same day to make some changes, and Agent #2 said they could not put it on hold. This is a rather recent change due to some unknown issues with LANs system. Was told that if put on hold, res would cancel itself by next day.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 5:07 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
This could be a dynamic issue - keep an eye on the threads entitled

LAN GDS Switch to SABRE 7/8 SEP 2012 in the LAN LANPASS Forum

AA*/LA and LA (LAN) flights not bookable Sep 2012 during Sabre transition

LAN awards not currently bookable (Sep 2012)

Any or all of this could change this month.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 7:47 pm

Originally Posted by CVCONDE
Was told that if put on hold, res would cancel itself by next day.
I have no idea what the policy is now but this is not my recent experience.

There is without a doubt confusion both within and outside AA on this issue

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.