Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

How to add AA / AAdvantage # / access booking aa.com AA award booked with BA Avios?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How to add AA / AAdvantage # / access booking aa.com AA award booked with BA Avios?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2012, 2:54 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Citi Exec, Amex Plat- Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, National Exec, Hertz Gold
Excuse me if this sounds elementary, but I am a newbie and no one has responded to my post on the newbie board.

If I use the tricks described here (I think the checkmytrip.com method seems easiest) to book an AA flight with BA Avios and get it uder my AA FF#, will I get all the AA elite benefits (I am AA PT), like premium seats, priority access, ability to standy, upgrade with stickers, and ability to use the TSA Pre-check line since I have global entry? Also, will I still get lounge access with my Platinum Amex?

And on a side note, does it make any sense to use 15,000 avios to book a ticket that costs $200? I think the ticket is very cheap and with AA's current mileage bonus and 5% discount, paying probably makes sense, but this is the first time I found a use for my Avios based on the flight schedule I want.
Old Nov 8, 2012, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by MiamiMike
Excuse me if this sounds elementary, but I am a newbie and no one has responded to my post on the newbie board.

If I use the tricks described here (I think the checkmytrip.com method seems easiest) to book an AA flight with BA Avios and get it uder my AA FF#, will I get all the AA elite benefits (I am AA PT), like premium seats, priority access, ability to standy, upgrade with stickers, and ability to use the TSA Pre-check line since I have global entry? Also, will I still get lounge access with my Platinum Amex?

And on a side note, does it make any sense to use 15,000 avios to book a ticket that costs $200? I think the ticket is very cheap and with AA's current mileage bonus and 5% discount, paying probably makes sense, but this is the first time I found a use for my Avios based on the flight schedule I want.
I have never needed an upgrade but when I have added my FF# I am able to get preferred seats so I guess elite benefits apply.

I personally don't think 15k miles is worth $200 especially if you have other trips coming up and if you are in an AA hub (I assume you are in MIA.)
Old Dec 14, 2012, 3:26 am

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
Originally Posted by MiamiMike
And on a side note, does it make any sense to use 15,000 avios to book a ticket that costs $200?
Genrally, No. Of course YMMV
Old Feb 27, 2013, 9:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Since there is a new website just thought of mentioning how to go about searching for your reservation without an AA record locator:

Plan Travel - My Trips - Find a Reservation.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 12:58 am

Programs: AA EXP(.96MM), AMEX Platinum, United Premier Silver, Delta Gold, SPG Platinum 50, Hilton Gold VIP
Exclamation

I wrote a guide on “How To Book and Add Your AAdvantage # to a British Airways Avios Award Ticket”

it is a step by step guide with pictures!

http://first2board.com/pointssummary...-award-ticket/
Old Feb 28, 2013, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jammanxc
I wrote a guide on “How To Book and Add Your AAdvantage # to a British Airways Avios Award Ticket”

it is a step by step guide with pictures!

http://first2board.com/pointssummary...-award-ticket/
Some pictures need to be changed.
Old Mar 4, 2013, 8:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP(.96MM), AMEX Platinum, United Premier Silver, Delta Gold, SPG Platinum 50, Hilton Gold VIP
Originally Posted by UA Fan
Some pictures need to be changed.
thanks for the kind comment
Old Sep 3, 2013, 1:59 am

Anyone else having problems currently doing this on the Finnair site?
Old Sep 3, 2013, 2:06 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Originally Posted by nall
What problem are you having?
Old Feb 12, 2014, 5:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

It looks like the ability to view reservations on AA metal booked with BA does not seem possible using the current methods, does anyone have alternatives apart from calling AA?

Last edited by UA Fan; Feb 17, 2014 at 10:44 am
Old Feb 12, 2014, 8:01 pm

Programs: Avios, AA, US, AS, UR
I am having the same issue as UA Fan.

Thanks for digging this up, UA Fan. I just booked a BA award on AA and had been searching the forum for the thread covering this idea, but had not had success with my query.
Old Feb 17, 2014, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

It looks like the ability to view reservations on AA metal booked with BA does not seem possible using the current methods, does anyone have alternatives apart from calling AA?
Anyone?
Old Feb 18, 2014, 3:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Apologies for this silly question - found the checkmytrip.com option mentioned above still works. Looks like the finding the resv on aa.com is now only for FF members. Another useful thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...booked-aa.html

Originally Posted by nall
What problems were you having? I just found the AA# on finnair.com:

https://www.finnair.com/US/GB/home-all-booking-options

My Bookings - Update Details - Booking Reference - XXXXXX
Old Feb 18, 2014, 3:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by envgeo
I used the Finnair trick. Enter your BA record locator in the manage my bookings on finnair. It will let you enter you AA number and create a new record locator. Use the new record locator on the BA website to choose seats in advance.

Also works with regularly purchased tickets.
I cannot find an option to create a new locator?
Old Sep 3, 2014, 11:33 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hyatt Globalist
Has anyone succeeded in changing the FF number for an issued avios ticket? It seems that none of finnair/rj/aa website is able to do that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.