Share good fares for the 2011-12 DEQAA promotion

Old Dec 14, 2011, 10:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT PLT; HH Diamond; AS 75K
Share good fares for the 2011-12 DEQAA promotion

As in past DEQM promotions, that thread becomes long and cumbersome to find good fares posted to take advantage of this opportunity. And, as in the past, I'll start a thread DEDICATED to posting only good fares that will meet the qualifications of the promotions.

Thanks

SEA-DFW-ATL-DFW-SEA 9564 EQM for $300 ($0.031/eqm) - EXP for $3,300 if you can manage 10 RTs

==================MODERATOR NOTE=====================

For the terms and conditions, and discussion, of DEQAA, please read this thread.

Last edited by JY1024; Dec 14, 2011 at 4:03 pm Reason: added hyperlink
Old Dec 14, 2011, 11:37 am

Programs: Delta Plat, former AA EXP, AS Gold, SPG Gold, IHG Plat.
AA: BOS-SFO $320 ai, DEQM yields 2.7 cpm

Kinda basic and no great shakes, but the BOS-DFW-SFO-DFW-BOS round-tripper on AA is $320 for much of January for an ITA computed cpm of 5.4, or what would be 2.7 cpm with the DEQM offer. Total miles are 5960; with DEQM that equals 11,920. But a decent domestic run...

Some same-day turns are available mid-week.

Last edited by pfbloom; Dec 14, 2011 at 12:07 pm Reason: forgot code-shares N/A
Old Dec 14, 2011, 12:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
This probably belongs in the MR Discussion Thread, but you can do some late 2011 or January 2012 LGA/STL/ORD/LGA runs for $106++ RT, gives you a little over 4,000 miles with 2 X DEQM.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 1:00 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: aa exp - spg gold - Hyatt Diamond - HH Gold
Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
This probably belongs in the MR Discussion Thread, but you can do some late 2011 or January 2012 LGA/STL/ORD/LGA runs for $106++ RT, gives you a little over 4,000 miles with 2 X DEQM.
Apparently the MR thread is only discussing the promo. During the last systemwide DEQ we had a similar thread IIRC.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Here's my shot:

AA BOS-HKG, BOS-ORD-NRT on AA and NRT-HKG on JL or CX using AA codeshare, return same, but can get NRT-DFW-BOS on AA for a few more miles and avoiding ORD in January. DEQM on AA segments, normal EQMs on NRT-HKG segments on JL/CX metal with AA codeshare number booked. $993.50 bookable on AA.com. 12 hours overnight at HKG. Depart BOS 1/22, depart HKG 1/24. No visas needed for US passport holders. Should be just under 34,000 EQMs total, somewhere around 2.92 cpm but faster and more interesting than multiple transcons. EXP in 3 trips.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 1:48 pm

Codeshares N/G for the DEQM offer

Last edited by pfbloom; Dec 14, 2011 at 2:09 pm Reason: my mistake - BOSman has put together a very neat routing....
Old Dec 14, 2011, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by pfbloom
Codeshares do not qualify for DEQM
Did you read his post?
Old Dec 14, 2011, 1:54 pm

AA: BOS-PHX for $270 ai, for 2.5 cpm

Here's another old reliable for AA MR'ers:

BOS-DFW-PHX-LAX-BOS on AA for $270 (often lower at $225 or so, but not now apparently) yields 5411 miles, actually 5541 with 500-mile minimum. Total miles with DEQM would be 11,082, with a final cpm of 2.4. Same day turns available on Tues and Weds in January.

Last edited by pfbloom; Dec 14, 2011 at 2:09 pm
Old Dec 14, 2011, 1:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP
SFO-ORD-FLL-ORD-SFO is available for $300.80 ai. If both DEQM promos apply it gives 15,804 EQM for 1.9 cpm. It may require missing a day of work.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by Ambraciot
SFO-ORD-FLL-ORD-SFO is available for $300.80 ai. If both DEQM promos apply it gives 15,804 EQM for 1.9 cpm. It may require missing a day of work.
Out of curiosity, how are you guys coming up with/finding these great routes/MRs? I'm still a relative noob when it comes these things and I'm looking for an easy affordable way to accumulate 6k EQM out of MIA by end of month. Any help you could provide this miserable soul would be greatly appreciated.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 3:28 pm

Programs: WN A-List, AA good-riddance, Safeway Club Card Extraordinaire
Originally Posted by Ambraciot
Nice find - and it's only $248 ai out of LAX in January!

prolix - Try playing around with the ITA matrix. There are FT threads discussing its use. A three-line primer for finding AA flights:

1. Enter origin and destination airports each followed by ":: aa+" (restricts the search only to AA)
2. Select "See calendar of lowest fares", enter the earliest date you want to fly and the number of nights you're willing to stay at the destination (can be zero)
3. Profit!

edit: note that you can't book flights on ITA, but it's an easy way to find cheap flights for subsequent purchase on aa.com

Last edited by Science Goy; Dec 14, 2011 at 3:33 pm
Old Dec 14, 2011, 3:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by prolix
Out of curiosity, how are you guys coming up with/finding these great routes/MRs?
I just check routings semi randomly on aa.com, I check at least six city pairs for each fare I book or post. Often I find noteworthy routings before others post them and occasionally I'll even find something bookable that doesn't show up in ITA.

Originally Posted by Science Goy
This is exactly the kind of thing I tend to miss. LAX-ORD-FLL-ORD-LAX can be under 1.64 cpm, though there are few dates with availability.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 4:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Science Goy

prolix - Try playing around with the ITA matrix. There are FT threads discussing its use. A three-line primer for finding AA flights:

1. Enter origin and destination airports each followed by ":: aa+" (restricts the search only to AA)
2. Select "See calendar of lowest fares", enter the earliest date you want to fly and the number of nights you're willing to stay at the destination (can be zero)
3. Profit!

edit: note that you can't book flights on ITA, but it's an easy way to find cheap flights for subsequent purchase on aa.com
SG, thanks for this very valuable suggestion. I'd been vaguely aware of the ITA Matrix, but hadn't used it before.

However, one does seem to need to work it a bit differently than you'd described or at least the way I'd interpreted what you'd described. Rather than plugging in ":: aa+" following the origin and destination airports on the same lines, what seems to work is click on "advanced routing codes" and plug in "aa+" there.

Regardless, thanks again.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by Thunderroad
SG, thanks for this very valuable suggestion. I'd been vaguely aware of the ITA Matrix, but hadn't used it before.

However, one does seem to need to work it a bit differently than you'd described or at least the way I'd interpreted what you'd described. Rather than plugging in ":: aa+" following the origin and destination airports on the same lines, what seems to work is click on "advanced routing codes" and plug in "aa+" there.

Regardless, thanks again.
What? You've been here on FT for a long time and never used ITA?!

The "::" notation is from the old version, but it should work in the current one; I use "::" because it's faster to type it than to click to open another field.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 5:03 pm

@ Science Goy ... Thanks for the suggestion! Definitely going to bookmark the fare matrix for future references. Though it seems LAX stole all the good deals through the end of the year

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.