Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

DEQAA: Systemwide Double EQM / EQMs / DEQM (13 Dec 11-31 Jan 12) see FAQ in 1st post

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DEQAA: Systemwide Double EQM / EQMs / DEQM (13 Dec 11-31 Jan 12) see FAQ in 1st post

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2011, 5:36 pm

Programs: AA CK/MM, Centurion
As I'm in the ORD AC completing my last MR for exp, this happens. Glad everyone gets to benefit from my bad luck. I've seen SFO more than I've ever wanted to. Looks like a DEL MR is in the works for January.
Old Dec 13, 2011, 5:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Ouch! Just got back from an SFO-FCO trip. Still, this is a very sweet offer.
Old Dec 13, 2011, 5:39 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
I saw a couple posts about this but am still a but uncertain about a specific situation of mine.

I have a flight I purchased through Iberia but the first leg of it is on an American Airlines plane. Will I get the DEQM for that particular leg of the journey? I know you must fly AA metal but what happens if you booked through a partner?

Thanks!
Old Dec 13, 2011, 5:43 pm

Programs: WN A-List, AA good-riddance, Safeway Club Card Extraordinaire
Originally Posted by ILuvParis
Nice that my LIH trip is thru DFW and the HNL-LIH portion is code share. Nice way to end and begin my years!
Unfortunately it appears that codeshares do not earn DEQM. From the terms and conditions:

AAdvantage promotion is valid for all travel on purchased, published fare tickets on American Airlines or American Eagle marketed and operated flights from December 13, 2011, through January 31, 2012.
(bolding mine)

Even so, you're only out 500 miles if you don't get DEQM for HNL-LIH-HNL. I would've really kicked myself if my BA-operated flights had been this week instead of last...
Old Dec 13, 2011, 5:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, UA 1P
Would love some input on this one: Looking to maximize the DEQM promotion with a weekend mileage run. Can anyone recommend the longest economical non-stop routing from LAX to another destination? I'm thinking it's probably going to be Shanghai or Beijing, but I'm sure the experts know better than me.

I hate getting on/off the plane, so I'm sort of looking to book something international and long-distance, unless I can somehow fly from LAX-JFK and then head off to Asia. Thanks very much!
Old Dec 13, 2011, 5:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by PatoLoco
I saw a couple posts about this but am still a but uncertain about a specific situation of mine.

I have a flight I purchased through Iberia but the first leg of it is on an American Airlines plane. Will I get the DEQM for that particular leg of the journey? I know you must fly AA metal but what happens if you booked through a partner?

Thanks!
Must be AA metal and AA flight number booked on your ticket (AA operated and AA marketed, respectively in layman's terms).
Old Dec 13, 2011, 5:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fabulous on one of the US carriers..
Originally Posted by JDiver
. This offer can be combined with other AAdvantage promotions. Registration prior to travel is required.
I would love to read this as I could cash in on the sfo/lax deqm plus this offer but I'm not holding my breath. .
Old Dec 13, 2011, 5:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Admirals Club
"Base" miles = actual flown, or 500 minimum?

Forgive the amateur terminology question, but: does the double base miles refer to the actual miles flown, or the actual minimum mileage per segment before non-eqm promos kick in?

For example, SFO-LAX is 338 miles, but I get 500 EQM normally due to the minimum segment size. With this promotion, would SFO-LAX be worth 676 miles, or 1000 miles?

Thanks much :-)
Old Dec 13, 2011, 5:47 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Thanks TheBOSman for the help! Love this promotion nonetheless!
Old Dec 13, 2011, 5:49 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by RubyVroom
Forgive the amateur terminology question, but: does the double base miles refer to the actual miles flown, or the actual minimum mileage per segment before non-eqm promos kick in?

For example, SFO-LAX is 338 miles, but I get 500 EQM normally due to the minimum segment size. With this promotion, would SFO-LAX be worth 676 miles, or 1000 miles?

Thanks much :-)

"Base" basically references the # of EQM you normally earn.

For the SFO-LAX example you cited:
A non-elite would be "actual flown" * 2. For elites, it's "500-mile min" (our base miles) * 2.

Short answer: 1000 miles
Old Dec 13, 2011, 5:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
The DEQM systemwide can be combined with another promo, but the CA/IL/TX promo is the one that can't be combined with another promo, so I'd be 99% sure it can't be stacked. I've linked to the CA/IL/TX promo in this post here and requoted myself for anyone curious.

Originally Posted by TheBOSman
On the ORD/DFW-LAX/SFO promo signup page:

"This offer cannot be combined with other AAdvantage promotions. Registration prior to travel is required."

http://www.aa.com/viewPromotionDetai...N=DblElite.xml

Programs: WN A-List, AA good-riddance, Safeway Club Card Extraordinaire
Originally Posted by chubbuni13
Would love some input on this one: Looking to maximize the DEQM promotion with a weekend mileage run. Can anyone recommend the longest economical non-stop routing from LAX to another destination? I'm thinking it's probably going to be Shanghai or Beijing, but I'm sure the experts know better than me.

I hate getting on/off the plane, so I'm sort of looking to book something international and long-distance, unless I can somehow fly from LAX-JFK and then head off to Asia. Thanks very much!
Well, it has a stop, LAX-ORD-DEL is around $1500 RT in January. If LAX-ORD earns both the DEQ11 bonus and this one, that's a whopping 40K EQM from one trip!

If it doesn't earn both bonuses, then the trip's a measly 37K EQM

Programs: AA PLT
Extra timely; was about to book travel for the New Year and was leaning heavily towards another carrier with a slightly better rate. Not a ghost of a chance of me booking with them now.
Old Dec 13, 2011, 5:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Prem Exec, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Nice find OP.
Old Dec 13, 2011, 5:54 pm

This sucks for all us hub AA Exec's

for all of us DFW people who qualify the 'old school' way by actually flying 100K - there are already to many Exec's out there to compete with.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.