Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

2012 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2012 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2012, 6:27 pm

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Originally Posted by Robt760
I had the Breakfast Biscuit a few weeks ago, which had a similar 'fancy' description of ingredients and had the Marcus Samuelson signature band on it like your sandwich. What a disappointment!! The sliced meat was the same low end processed crap, the spread had no chutney in it, and the supposed Biscuit was a hamburger bun. ***

Dunno if Gate Gourmet is taking AA for a ride by substituting ingredients, if they can't keep up with the supply chain, or just decided after the initial trial period it was too expensive and labor intensive to make what it says. Anyway, there is something called the Truth in Labeling act which should be reported here if this is going to be the way they're doing business. It's uncalled for...just go back to the plain cello wrapped junk and call it what you want.

*** Just checked the menu posted on the AA website. Looks like they 'updated' the description of the Breakfast Biscuit to 'Breakfast Sandwich' served on a Brioche Roll (Glorified Hamburger Bun) No mention of chutney on the list though, which was there previously.

Regardless, these new sandwiches are terrible. I've tried 3 different varieties now and it's NOT an improvement over anything but an Egg Salad Wrap, which was really scraping barrel bottom.
Man, that's disappointing. The old Boston Market sam'iches (the Italian one comes to mind) and the breakfast turkey/cheddar croissant weren't half bad.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 5:39 am

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, SkyMiles
A couple observations:

-What's up with the inconsistent tray linens? In some pictures, the linen is light gray, while in others, the linen is the classic navy blue. Is AA transitioning over to the grey linens? I never spotted the grey tray linens before - AFAIK, it's always been the navy blue linen. I personally like the navy linens better, they go well with the plate/bowl design.

-Also, the napkins...how are the new all-white napkins? How do they compare to the classic napkin with blue trim? Quality, feel, etc.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 6:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by MrAndy1369
A couple observations:
-What's up with the inconsistent tray linens? In some pictures, the linen is light gray, while in others, the linen is the classic navy blue. Is AA transitioning over to the grey linens? I never spotted the grey tray linens before - AFAIK, it's always been the navy blue linen. I personally like the navy linens better, they go well with the plate/bowl design.
-Also, the napkins...how are the new all-white napkins? How do they compare to the classic napkin with blue trim? Quality, feel, etc.
All my tray liners have still been navy. If the napkins are "new" and not a xSFO one-off catering thing, they are much thinner and less substantial than the old ones.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 7:06 am

Programs: AA PLT, UA Silver, EK Gold, Hilton Diamond, Global Entry, Clear
Originally Posted by SFO777
If the napkins are "new" and not a xSFO one-off catering thing, they are much thinner and less substantial than the old ones.
And no button hole...!
Old Apr 19, 2012, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
Mmmm I really enjoyed the chicken Parmesan, except the FA yanked my tray out of my table when I clearly told her "I'm still working on it." I didn't bother asking her for the tray back since it's probably better that I didn't engorge completely in that fatness anyway

People eat FAST on the plane. Seriously. I'm usually only half way through when people have already inhaled their food. I don't know how they do it. So the FA usually try to rush me so they can get dessert out
Old Apr 19, 2012, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BlissWorld
People eat FAST on the plane. Seriously. I'm usually only half way through when people have already inhaled their food. I don't know how they do it. So the FA usually try to rush me so they can get dessert out.
No kidding. I am almost always the last one, especially since I'm usually taking multiple pics. But I've never had a FA take my tray away before asking.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

ORD-SFO
AA 507
9:05A-11:45A (sked)
8:59A-11:55A (estimated)
April 19, 2012
Comfy Old Non-Refurbished 738
Wifi
PDB
Breakfast

Yes, there are indeed excellent AA crews that get it and don't use a cart. PDB with a smile. After take-off, back to front FEBO drink and meal selection. Front to back meal delivery one seat at time from the galley. Additional drink and biscuit/croissant service after row 4 and then after row 6. Frequent and regular passes through the cabin.

Was looking forward to steel-cut oatmeal today, but nope. Corn flakes or cheese-wiz omelet. The normal fruit plate morphed into a ramekin of blueberries (very good) and a dopey package of carb-laced processed raisins/cherries/apples. Omelet was actually pretty good as was the southwestern mix of potatoes, corn, beans, peppers. As always, meat. would. be. nice. @:-)

And it does indeed look like the blue trimmed linen napkin is being phased out. The new "linen" is much smaller and thinner. Indeed, no button hole. Also not linen. Yeah, I just love the feel of polyester. And I'm sure it absorbs really well.

Last edited by SFO777; Apr 20, 2012 at 10:48 am
Old Apr 19, 2012, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
No kidding. I am almost always the last one, especially since I'm usually taking multiple pics. But I've never had a FA take my tray away before asking.
Well, she did ask, and I told her "I'm still working on it." She probably didn't want to listen and just assumed I was done. She wasn't rude or anything.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 11:00 am

Programs: American AAdvantage EXP
With regard to tray linens, I've observed that IFS flights have been grey linens while domestic flights have been blue linens. On a few flights to Hawaii, the tray linen was grey but the table linen was blue (obviously a mix-up). I've also been on flights where the cart uses grey linens but the tables/treys have blue linens.

In the end, I feel like the trend is grey IFS, blue domestic. But that's just my guess. I like the blue a lot better.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 12:03 pm

Yea. I griped about the new napkins in an earlier post. Hate them so far. Very stiff and not very absorbent. I lump them in the same category as "Chuck Norris Toilet Paper" sold at discount stores a step below Walmart, "rough, tough, and doesn't take crap from anyone."

I've seen the gray table cloth once. Supposedly they are the new replacements.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 12:22 am

Programs: AA Ex Platinum & 1MM, DL PLT, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond
AA 270 HNL-LAX on 4/19/12.
Was supposed to be a breakfast flight, but thanks to mechanical issues requiring parts to be flown in on AA 31, flight finally departed @ 1:15. Thankfully, someone remembered to call catering & change the meal to dinner.

Apologies for no pictures.

Tropical mixed nuts to start
Seasonal greens w/asparagus & radish-choice of greek vinaigrette or sesame dressing
Entree-choice of Haleiwa Grilled Steak w/BBQ Sauce & Kapakahi Mashed Potatoes (another signature Sam Choy item) or Ravioli w/tomato Cream Sauce
Made on board ice cream sundae's for dessert

Had the steak-once I found the half of it that wasn't gristle, it was semi-ok. Potatoes were good & of course, who can go wrong w/the sundaes?

Great crew, 767 w/45 pax on board-if you've got to be 6+ hrs late, having room to spread out on a wide-body certainly helps! ^
Old Apr 20, 2012, 12:35 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, 2 mm, Marriott Gold
I've been on this flight several times this month.... the omelet is disgusting, American should be ashamed calling this a first class meal for a 4 hour flight!!! IMHO, how much lower can the standards of what is acceptable to be served in first class go...

ORD-SFO
AA 507
9:05A-11:45A (sked)
8:59A-11:55A (estimated)
April 19, 2012
Comfy Old Non-Refurbished 738
Wifi
PDB
Breakfast

Yes, there are indeed excellent AA crews that get it and don't use a cart. PDB with a smile. After take-off, back to front FEBO drink and meal selection. Front to back meal delivery one seat at time from the galley. Additional drink and biscuit/croissant service after row 4 and then after row 6. Frequent and regular passes through the cabin.

Was looking forward to steel-cut oatmeal today, but nope. Corn flakes or cheese-wiz omelet. The normal fruit plate morphed into a ramekin of blueberries (very good) and a dopey package of carb-laced processed raisins/cherries/apples. Omelet was actually pretty good as was the southwestern mix of potatoes, corn, beans, peppers. As always, meat. would. be. nice. @:-)

http://sfo777.smugmug.com/Other/AA-S...P1060318-L.jpg

http://sfo777.smugmug.com/Other/AA-S...P1060323-L.jpg
And it does indeed look like the blue trimmed linen napkin is being phased out. The new "linen" is much smaller and thinner. Indeed, no button hole. Also not linen. Yeah, I just love the feel of polyester. And I'm sure it absorbs really well.

http://sfo777.smugmug.com/Other/AA-S...P1060321-L.jpg

http://sfo777.smugmug.com/Other/AA-S...P1060320-L.jpg

Last edited by JY1024; Apr 25, 2012 at 7:48 am Reason: removed [img] tags to help mobile users and save real estate
Old Apr 20, 2012, 5:41 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
AA177 JFK-SFO F April 2012

AA177 JFK-SFO F April 2012

Dinner

To Start
Warm mixed nuts
or
Marinated Cheese Antipasto

Appetizer
Mojito shrimp served with somen noodles garnished with parsley

Salad
Fresh seasonal greens and an assortment of fresh vegetables offered with classic Caesar dressing or premium extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar
Chili cucumber salad
Sliced onion garlic chicken breast

Bread Basket
Assorted gourmet breads

Main Course

Chili Coconut Shrimp
Sauteed shrimp simmered in a chile coconut herb sauce, offered with sauteed vegetables and jasmine rice with vermicelli
An American Classics item

Lemon Thyme Chicken
Panko crusted breast of chicken flavored with green onion and horseradish served with lemon thyme sauce, rosemary roasted baby potatoes and assorted vegetables

Cheese Ravioli
Semolina pasta filled with four cheeses, offered with a mushroom tomato cream sauce, sauteed shallots and sliced mushrooms

Dessert

Ice Cream Sundae
Ben & Jerry's Vanilla ice cream with a choice of hot fudge, butterscotch or seasonal berry toppings, whipped cream and pecans

Grand Marnier Fruit Salad
Fruit and berries with a light Grand Marnier syrup

Light refreshment
Freshly baked on board cookies

Pre-Arrival Beverage
Chilled sparkling or still water with a fresh citrus garnish

Wine List

Sparkling Wine
Gloria Ferrer Sonoma Carneros Brut

White Wines
Geyser Peak Chardonnay
Terlato Pinot Grigio

Red Wines
Bogle Merlot
Pellegrini Family Blend Red

Dessert Wine
Graham's Six Grapes Port

4/12
3Cls, First, Dinner-Snack
73PM014 73PM005 103F003-3B

Old Apr 20, 2012, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Now UA does the same thing, however, US on the other hand doesn't serve an Omelet, they have a wonderful french toast option (phx-IND.)

Originally Posted by Radiant Flyer
I've been on this flight several times this month.... the omelet is disgusting, American should be ashamed calling this a first class meal for a 4 hour flight!!! IMHO, how much lower can the standards of what is acceptable to be served in first class go...
Old Apr 20, 2012, 11:23 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.6 MM
Gray Placemat

I thought they were just using the Navy ones that had faded from years of use and were calling them "gray"...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.