Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 26, 2014, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
WIKIPOST Wikipost instructions: signed in members can minimize or maximize Wikipost by clicking on [-] or [+] box upper right of post, and edit this Wikipost to update.

"Earn and redeem AAdvantage miles on Jet Airways for travel within India and between India and the U.S., Asia and Europe." We do not know at this time whether this includes US-BRU-India through flight with only a technical stop.

AA codeshares flown by EY earn as if flying AA.

Link to aa.com page on earning on EY, including table of fares earnings. In part:

Earn (REDEEMABLE) miles when flying on Jet Airways marketed and operated flights for travel on an eligible published fare ticket. Miles are also earned on Jet Airways codeshare flights operated by American Airlines, Jet Airways Konnect and Konnect Select.

Jet Airways flights between the U.S. and Brussels are not eligible for mileage accrual

Flights operated by JetLite, are not eligible for mileage accrual.
Print Wikipost

Earning AA / AAdvantage Miles on Jet Airways (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2011, 6:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage, Continental, Delta
Earning AA / AAdvantage Miles on Jet Airways (consolidated)

AA status accumulation on Jet Airways (transatlantic)

it it possible to accumulate AA status miles on Jet Airways from YYZ/BRU or YYZ/LHR?
Jet's fares are about the same as BAs however the taxes give Jet a $400 CAD advantage on an economy fare.
Not sure if I will requalify this year based on mileage or segments (last year it was segments).
Thanks

Last edited by JDiver; Jan 7, 2012 at 11:05 am Reason: edit in original thread title
Old Aug 21, 2011, 6:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Not unless its on a AA flight number... since Jet is not a member of Oneworld.
Old Aug 21, 2011, 9:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Not unless its on a AA flight number... since Jet is not a member of Oneworld.
Neither is AS, yet you can earn status miles on AS.

Nonetheless, AA does not codeshare on these flights anyway so AA flight number is irrelevant...
Old Aug 21, 2011, 9:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat 100, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC, AmEx Plat
http://www.aa.com/i18n/AAdvantage/ea...jetAirways.jsp
Old Aug 21, 2011, 9:36 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Be sure to read the page MikeORD's link leads to.

"Status accumulation" is the operative phrase here, it looks like. If flown as an AA codeshare one will earn as if on AA, if fflown as Jet and no codeshare any and all miles earned will not qualify as Elite-Qualifying Miles - only Redeemable miles - so they will not affect AA status one way or another.

Also note "Jet Airways flights between the U.S. and Brussels are not eligible for mileage accrual" (of any kind, unless AA codeshares, assuming they exist, and I have not checked one way or another).
Old Jan 7, 2012, 10:57 am

Programs: SPG Plat, AE*E, Hyatt Diamond, AAdv, BA Exec
Question: AA miles for flying Jet

Hi guys,

First post in the AA forum. I am booked to fly on YYZ-BRU-BOM/DEL-BRU-YYZ on Jet Airlines in J. I understand that I will not get elite qualifying miles for the flight if I credit to AA. I understand that I will get redeemable AA miles for the BRU-BOM/DEL-BRU segments but am not sure if the same applies to the YYZ-BRU/BRU-YYZ segments. On the AA site, it states "Jet Airways flights between the U.S. and Brussels are not eligible for mileage accrual"
http://www.aa.com/i18n/AAdvantage/ea...jetAirways.jsp

Since the flight is originating in Canada, it should technically get me RDM on AA. has anyone had any experience with this? It will suck if I credit this to AA and only get miles for the Brusells - India segments.
Old Jan 7, 2012, 11:02 am

You are correct - Canada is not part of the US.

Others contemplating Jet's non-J should be aware N, L, Q, S earn 50% AA miles, and B, H, K, V, O, G, W earn no AA miles, regardless; only Y, M, T, U earn 100% AA miles, and all RDM, not EQM, of course.
Old Jul 15, 2012, 9:15 pm

Crediting Jet Airways to AAdvantage

I have a trip on Jet Airways from JFK-BRU-MAA. Can I credit this to my AAdvantage account?

Here, it says:

Jet Airways flights between the U.S. and Brussels are not eligible for mileage accrual

But this flight is actually listed as JFK-MAA with one stopover...
Old Jul 15, 2012, 9:44 pm
Suspended

Why wouldn't you be able to get mileage credit for BRU -> MAA?
Old Jul 15, 2012, 9:50 pm

I want to get credit for the whole trip. I'm unsure whether the stipulation applies for trips that use BRU as a connecting point and not the final destination....
Old Jul 15, 2012, 9:58 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
"Earn and redeem AAdvantage miles on Jet Airways for travel within India and between India and the U.S., Asia and Europe."
The way that reads to me is that flights departing the US, connecting via BRU, would be find as long as there isn't a stop.
Old Jul 15, 2012, 10:16 pm
Suspended

Recent thread that never reached a conclusion:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html
Old Jul 15, 2012, 10:32 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Merged with consolidated thread on the topic so that we can help keep discussion in one place for FTers to find and follow. Thanks! /Moderator
Old Jul 16, 2012, 8:39 am

Perhaps the best way to find out would be for someone who does the trip to post their results with AAdvantage miles (route, fare class, etc.) given AA is not known for clarity nor for educating agents on the fine points on issues such as these. Y'all come back, hear?
Old Jul 16, 2012, 9:01 pm

Sent an email. Don't want to be the guinea pig

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.