Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Deferring Advantage Status

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2013, 9:54 pm

Programs: Too Many to Count
Absolutely call and ask. AA has been extremely fair to me on extraordinary and exceptional requests in the past. I've had EXP status since I was 23 so there's definitely built up goodwill on both side of the coin. Sounds like your wife is also a loyal AA flyer.

I bet that they'll work with you on this issue.
Old Dec 3, 2013, 10:09 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Interesting indeed. How does the green, yellow, red ranking compare to, say, one's Eagles rating?

Originally Posted by TXPhidelt
AA reviews all accounts that come up short of requalifying with the assistance of a tool that "rates" you as a customer (how much revenue you bring in vs. benefits they pay out - Read as: do you complain a lot and receive miles in return.)

There are / were 3 levels of ranking as of a few years ago - Red, Yellow, Green.
Green equates to you getting what you want.

With that said, if you were deemed as yellow, instead of enforcing the 50k EQM requirement, etc AA will drop the requirement to retain status to say 40k EQM. My apologies but I do not recall the specific ranges allowed within each color at the moment.

So in regards to the OP, assuming the wife is green, the request may be granted.

I'm sure it's safe to say that AAdvantage still utilizes the same tool or similar
Old Dec 3, 2013, 10:21 pm

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
Originally Posted by JDiver
Interesting indeed. How does the green, yellow, red ranking compare to, say, one's Eagles rating?
JonNYC says that the green, yellow, red ranking is the predecessor to the Eagles ranking.
Old Dec 4, 2013, 7:01 am

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, National Executive Elite
I wonder if my Eagle's rating is affected by my former employee file at AA... let's hope not
Old Dec 4, 2013, 8:06 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum; Hyatt Diamond; IHG Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ashill
JonNYC says that the green, yellow, red ranking is the predecessor to the Eagles ranking.
He's correct.. I happen to have the Eagle / Color ranking exception policy in front of me.. Only goes up to 3 eagles, not 5 as he mentions in his post. Maybe they added more eagles to the procedure in the last few years..
Old Dec 4, 2013, 8:09 pm

That's correct, I believ; I think they expanded the scale.

Binyomin Ginsberg would have earned three Griffon Vultures, if he had been an AAdvantage FF.

Originally Posted by AATravelGuy
He's correct.. I happen to have the Eagle / Color ranking exception policy in front of me.. Only goes up to 3 eagles, not 5 as he mentions in his post. Maybe they added more eagles to the procedure in the last few years..

Last edited by JDiver; Dec 4, 2013 at 8:22 pm
Old Dec 4, 2013, 8:11 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum; Hyatt Diamond; IHG Platinum; Hilton Gold
They're one in the same. AA transitioned to eagles slightly before I left

Old Dec 4, 2013, 8:26 pm

Thanks! Nobody likes to feed the birds... but when a "high spender" is identified as someone who has experienced significant problems and could defect, time to get some AA bungee on 'em and be extra nice.

Originally Posted by AATravelGuy
They're one in the same. AA transitioned to eagles slightly before I left

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.