Old Feb 10, 2014, 2:34 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

The rebate program (which began in April 2012) applies only to primary card holders of these cards:
  • Citi Platinum Select AAdvantage Visa Signature
  • Citi Platinum Select AAdvantage World MasterCard
  • Citi Platinum Select AAdvantage World Elite MasterCard
  • Citi Select AAdvantage American Express
It does not apply to the Citi Gold World MasterCard, Citi Executive products, or some of the Citi Business cards.

The maximum rebate for any cardholder in a single calendar year is 10,000 miles per AAdvantage account. Having more than one qualifying Citi AA card will not allow you to receive a larger rebate.

[/COLOR][/FONT]
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: Citi 10% miles back / rebate for award redemption

Old May 4, 2012, 3:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA-EXP Hilton Honors-PLT Admirals Club
ARCHIVE: Citi 10% miles back / rebate for award redemption

Does anyone here know how the 10% miles back for reward redemption works? I just today booked a 75,000 miles trip CNS/SYD
Old May 4, 2012, 3:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt PLT
Originally Posted by valuepac
Does anyone here know how the 10% miles back for reward redemption works? I just today booked a 75,000 miles trip CNS/SYD
T&Cs for the CC say: "For benefit to apply, your Citi / AAdvantage account must be open and active at the time of redemption. The American Airlines AAdvantage bonus miles you earn through this benefit will be based on 10% of the total AAdvantage miles you redeem each month during the calendar year. The maximum number of AAdvantage bonus miles you can earn annually from this benefit is 10,000 AAdvantage bonus miles per calendar year, regardless of how many AAdvantage miles you redeem in that calendar year. This benefit only applies to AAdvantage miles redeemed from the primary cardmember’s AAdvantage account. Discover all the ways to redeem AAdvantage miles at www.aa.com/redeem. Please allow 6-8 weeks after your redemption for the American Airlines AAdvantage bonus miles to post to the primary cardmember’s AAdvantage account."
Old May 4, 2012, 3:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Completely forgot about this. Booked 135k worth of travel a couple of weeks ago, and I technically have two cards that will qualify. Looks like I can be a major guinea pig .
Old May 4, 2012, 3:58 pm

Programs: AA PPro, Hilton Gold, Lindy Award Winner (2013)
I appreciate the "rebate" they are offering but a maximum of 10,000 per year seems pretty small if you ask me.
Old May 4, 2012, 4:10 pm

Programs: Amex MR, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, AS MVP
Originally Posted by TR7_DFW
I appreciate the "rebate" they are offering but a maximum of 10,000 per year seems pretty small if you ask me.
Yeah, that's lame. One RT business-class ticket to Europe and you're done?
Old May 4, 2012, 4:17 pm

Programs: AA PLT,VS Silver,SPG gold, Hilton, AMEX Plat, BA nothing.
True, but it 10,000 more miles than I was getting a couple of months ago.
Old May 4, 2012, 5:34 pm

Programs: AA LT GLD 1MM
Originally Posted by RedSox
True, but it 10,000 more miles than I was getting a couple of months ago.
+1
Old May 4, 2012, 8:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 6 MM | Amex Platinum | Hyatt Globalist | Hilton Diamond | IHG Spire Elite | Bonvoy Plat.
I had some bad timing on this. I guess this just started April 1. I booked 200,000 miles in awards on March 28th. I called and they said it would be automatic and could take up to a couple weeks after you redeem them but they had to be after April 1 so I don't qualify on the award tickets from the end of March.

She said American would automatically know those that have this credit card and nothing needed to be done but probably good to still check your statements.

Last edited by saint; May 4, 2012 at 8:48 pm
Old May 7, 2012, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by saint

She said American would automatically know those that have this credit card and nothing needed to be done but probably good to still check your statements.
Yup. Called them about this and was told the same thing. Kinda sucks since I booked an award on March 30th and this came into effect just a few days later. Oh well. Don't want to lose that seat though!
Old May 7, 2012, 11:23 am

Wonder when this "bonus" will post

redeemed 102,500 miles for 3 tickets that were used on March 21 so I guess AA has until May 21 for the 6-8 weeks to post. Will see what happens since we're debating whether to cancel the card. 10K bonus would be nice to have though.

We shall see.
Old May 7, 2012, 11:25 am

OOPs

Didn't realize this was for after April 1st... oh well.

Is this for "any" Citi credit card? Since we've got a Gold one that I'll never since "forever" that I'll never cancel. If it's would give the bonus that would be great.
Got several award tickets to book and the 10K would be nice to have.
Old May 7, 2012, 11:27 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by cmjaffe
redeemed 102,500 miles for 3 tickets that were used on March 21 so I guess AA has until May 21 for the 6-8 weeks to post. Will see what happens since we're debating whether to cancel the card. 10K bonus would be nice to have though.

We shall see.
Per post #8 AA seem to be saying that this bonus is only available on awards used (possibly booked?) after 1 April.
Old May 7, 2012, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by cmjaffe
Didn't realize this was for after April 1st... oh well.

Is this for "any" Citi credit card? Since we've got a Gold one that I'll never since "forever" that I'll never cancel. If it's would give the bonus that would be great.
Got several award tickets to book and the 10K would be nice to have.
I'm in the same boat, I've got a pair of the gold level cards and after emailing customer service yesterday I was informed my cards don't qualify for any of the new benefits. It also appears I can't simply upgrade to Platinum. So I figure I'll just apply for a new card and get the 30k miles then get them to eliminate the annual fee for my gold card so I'll just pay the $95 annually....
Old May 9, 2012, 6:56 am

Programs: AA BAEC
I have 10,000 miles in my account today marked as "CITI 10% AWARD RDMPTION BONUS" for travel I booked on April 22nd.
Old May 9, 2012, 6:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
10,000 miles posted this morning 5/9/12. I booked 135k of awards on April 25th. Line item from my AAdvantage account:

04/25/12 CITI 10% AWARD RDMPTION BONUS 10,000 0 10,000

I have both the Visa and Amex, so it must be one bonus per AAdvantage account. Big ^ to Citi and AA for making the card a little more valuable. 10,000 miles are worth about $200-250 to me.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.