FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   America West FlightFund (Pre-2005 US Airways merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/america-west-flightfund-pre-2005-us-airways-merger-444/)
-   -   Trying to get to HII Sept 2-5. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/america-west-flightfund-pre-2005-us-airways-merger/467818-trying-get-hii-sept-2-5-a.html)

UNITED959 Aug 30, 2005 11:08 am

Trying to get to HII Sept 2-5.

I know I should run a search, and spend time learning about America West's policies...but I'm in a crunch for time and was hoping I could get some help here.

I'm primarily a UA flyer, secondary AA...Nothing on AmerWest (I don't even know their 2 letter code and don't feel like looking it up now!).

Plans have changed and I need to get to HII -- obviously AmerWest is my only option.

Does AmerWest allow awards to be transfered? What should an award to HII run?

I can travel from either ORD or SFO -- Sept 2. Return is 5 Sept.

Your help is appreciated, and apologies in advance for not being a model FTer by not doing a search! :)

ExtrAAordinaire Aug 30, 2005 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by UNITED959
...Nothing on AmerWest (I don't even know their 2 letter code and don't feel like looking it up now!).

Welcome! Just FYI, our airline code is HP. As for your question, on your travel dates there are no Coach Mileage Saver awards available. However, there are First Mileage Saver seats available. Of course, you may also claim an Any Seat award in either Coach or First (similar to AA's AAnytime awards).

alanh Aug 30, 2005 2:58 pm

You're going to pay a lot for a last-minute Labor Day ticket, no way around it. It looks like SFO-HII runs $625 and $546 for ORD-HII, but much cheaper on any other dates than 2-5.

HP doesn't partner with UA or AA, so you won't be able to get an award through them anyway.

Another option would be to fly to LAS and drive to Lake Havasu. It about 150 miles each way, but might be cheaper.

asu-ua772 Aug 30, 2005 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by alanh
You're going to pay a lot for a last-minute Labor Day ticket, no way around it. It looks like SFO-HII runs $625 and $546 for ORD-HII, but much cheaper on any other dates than 2-5.

HP doesn't partner with UA or AA, so you won't be able to get an award through them anyway.

Another option would be to fly to LAS and drive to Lake Havasu. It about 150 miles each way, but might be cheaper.

Those fares are going to be a doozie. As stated by alanh, fly to LAS and drive to HII, or, if price permits, fly to YUM and drive. YUM is much closer than LAS to HII, but flying to YUM may also be a doozie (even with 5 flts/day to PHX).

alanh Aug 31, 2005 3:01 pm

If you do drive LAS-HII, a couple of tips. First, do not drive over Hoover Dam, like Mapquest recommends. Traffic is never good there, and Labor Day will be bad. Use US 95 instead to I-40, then AZ 95 south. Second, make sure you take AZ 95 not US 95 south of I-40. US 95 goes through California and will leave you on the wrong side of the river. There's no crossing at Lake Havasu (London Bridge just goes across an inlet, not the river itself).

YUM isn't any cheaper than HII, from what I can see.