Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > America West FlightFund (Pre-2005 US Airways merger)
Reload this Page >

Late Spring?? (The unofficial 'Latest scoop on the program merger' thread)

Late Spring?? (The unofficial 'Latest scoop on the program merger' thread)

Old May 13, 2006, 1:19 pm

Programs: US (and former HP) CP, UA and AA alumnus, HH Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by LAX1K to AmWest
If you look at the video, the magazine, etc.. it is all assuming that FlightFund already disappeared. Another thing, I actually like my US number 7 digits better than my long HP number.... but since I am CE on HP and Gold on US.. I guess I keep my HP number.. oh well...

I wonder if Agents will treat people differently since they can tell where you came from (legacy US vs legacy HP). Just more "strange" stuff to worry about.. I wish the numbers would all be similiar since we can get away from "our elites" vs "their elites" which I hear when flying US east.
I'm pleasantly surprised we'll be able to keep our FlightFund Numbers -- since they already made me get a separate US DM number just to renew club membership.

With HP-legacy numbers, still getting treated like a step-child by US East agents is a concern -- but that seems to be less of a problem now than last Fall (well most everywhere except in PHL ). But I like the fact that my HP number goes back so far it starts off with all zeros -- so it will be great to keep it.
Old May 13, 2006, 1:57 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AA LT Plat, DL Silver
My FlightFund Numbers starts will all zero's as well. Makes me feel old!

I remember reading (here) that old status will be good through June 30th, so it seems like there will be little bit of a grace period here. I wouldn't mind a bit if this were not true. I made chairmans the old fashioned way in 2005 and would prefer to have less competition for those upgrades.
Old May 13, 2006, 10:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Ex Plat, WN A List, Hertz Gold Five Star, Marriott Silver, Hilton Diamond
I had gold status on US last year, didn't fly them because of all the service issues involved with them, but have enjoyed the renewed service levels this year with the HP/US merger, however after 6/30, if it is a choice of getting boarding zone 5 on US, or an A boarding pass on WN, I'll opt for the later, since most of my travel is on the former HP network, and I can't afford to have to gate check a bag, etc. because I have to board in the last group. I think this merger is great, and the six month grace period has been super as well, but in the end for the business traveler it all comes down to how fast you can get on a plane and convenience, and zone 5 doesn't cut it. I'll keep plugging away on US until then, but after 6/30 it may be back to WN for me.
Old May 14, 2006, 4:20 am

Programs: AA-EXP (1.7MM), BA-Slvr, HH-Diamond
Actually, I'd rather keep my HP number. It'll be like keeping a piece of America West alive.
Old May 16, 2006, 8:37 pm

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
IMPORTANT Information About Your Account and Your FlightFund E-Statement

Received via email today. The embedded links were all personalized, but go to http://myusairways.com Unfortunately, this website just forwards to AmericaWest.com right now. Google search of the site yeilded nothing. I would venture to say that this will be the new DM website like the My United Mileage Plus website.

Excerpts below:

FightFund News
Get ready for the new Dividend Miles and usairways.com
The new Dividend Miles program is almost here, so get ready for a new world of benefits! During the first weeks of this transition, you may encounter times when particular services and account information are not available. We're working hard to make the transition as seamless as possible, and we appreciate your patience as we combine FlightFund and Dividend Miles to create the new Dividend Miles program.

The new usairways.com will also be launching very soon, and when it does, lots of new features will be just a click away. If you do not already have an americawest.com profile, we encourage you to create one today! When the new site launches, your profile information will be automatically transferred to the new usairways.com. This new, secure profile will keep your travel preferences, Dividend Miles number (former FlightFund number), account activity, e-mail preferences, credit card you use for booking travel, and more all in one place, making your experience with US more convenient and personalized.

Create your user profile! Please note this was a personalized link, that forwarded to http://www.americawest.com/awa/profi...ofileInfo.aspx

Club News - May 2006

T-Mobile wireless Internet service is now available at the Los Angeles US Airways Club! For a complete listing of all Clubs with T-Mobile wireless Internet access, please visit usairways.com/club

The rest of the email was the standard gobbledigook...
Old May 16, 2006, 9:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 1 MM, Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond
These vague e-mails telling us to "get ready for the new Dividend Miles", but not actually telling us anything substantive are beginning to get tedious. It seems like, with less than a week to go, they would know whether or not the May 22 date that has been floating around here was real or not. If it is, it seems like they would want to communicate something to their best customers. But alas, communication to Preferreds/Elites does not seem to be a strong suit of the "new Dividend Miles".
Old May 16, 2006, 9:41 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Royiv
These vague e-mails telling us to "get ready for the new Dividend Miles", but not actually telling us anything substantive are beginning to get tedious. . .
I agree. After eight months of this, it has become annoying.
Old May 16, 2006, 9:45 pm

Programs: US Silver, HH Gold VIP, Avis Preferred Select. P-*A Silver
I went to check my balance on Points.com and they are putting a hold on all transactions with FF and DM until like noon ET on the 23rd...that tells me that they are going to finalize the club merger on the 22nd as rumored
Old May 17, 2006, 1:27 am

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Originally Posted by tonyflo04
I went to check my balance on Points.com and they are putting a hold on all transactions with FF and DM until like noon ET on the 23rd...that tells me that they are going to finalize the club merger on the 22nd as rumored
I transfered 12,500 miles from DM->FF for an award ticket LAS-YYZ to connect to my AZ YYZ-LCA flights. 12.5 k miles disappeared from DM, but have not yet appeared on HP and over 6 hours have elapsed. I called HP as my award ticket reservation was due to expire; they went ahead and exteneded it until the 22nd to allow for the points.com transfer to complete. They also properly noted my account should these miles end up in lala land.

They are anticipating overtime for their folks this weekend when the change occurs. A nice bonus of US compared to UA is that FF/DM is open 24/7. Additionally, from what was explained to me, on the 22nd both US East/West DM folk will have reciprocal access into each others vintage systems for award accrual and redemption. Accounts will be combined starting at this point in time, but the agent could not commit as to which account number would survive. It was recommended that existing HP award reservations continue to call HP and vice-versa for existing US award reservations until all the wrinkles are fully ironed out.

On a seperate note, the US Chairman's Desk representative I spoke to tonight confirmed that US Platinum members will also have access to the Chairman's Desk hotline.

Overall, the May 22nd deadline is firm from what I can tell. In order to appease the greneral traveling public (or at least those on FT) US just needs to finally come out and say what we will experience come this weekend! Hopefully they put out a more comprehensive FAQ than what is presently available - an interactive demo in Flash with point and click, similar towhat they previously did on the HP site would look real nice.
Old May 17, 2006, 9:29 am

Originally Posted by Mrp Alert
Overall, the May 22nd deadline is firm from what I can tell.
I realize this question has gotten tedious, but if May 22 is the firm deadline, does that finally mean that flights operated by HP (with HP flight numbers) can be credited to UA?

Does it stand to reason that even though it is HP equipment (and flight numbers), that it will be considered US on May 22?
Old May 18, 2006, 6:33 am

Originally Posted by Mrp Alert
On a seperate note, the US Chairman's Desk representative I spoke to tonight confirmed that US Platinum members will also have access to the Chairman's Desk hotline.
If true, this will benefit me personally but I'm a bit surprised. In my view, the CP desk is the major competitive advantage, and should be reserved for the airlines' best customers (of which I am no longer a member).
Old May 19, 2006, 7:54 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, Accor Gold, Marriott Gold, UA Premier 1K, AA Gold (MM)
It looks like the connections have been made...

My assistant booked me (this week) on flights next week from HPN-PHL-DFW-PHL-HPN and supplied only my DM number (which doesn't show any preferred status when I look online).

I called to associate my FF number with my reservation so that I'd be in the upgrade queue and was, politely, I might add, that I was already in the upgrade queue! I found this pretty amusing, since I hadn't given them my FF number.

So, my existing DM number has the same status my FF number...weird.
Old May 19, 2006, 2:36 pm

In case anyone else has mileage transfers held hostage by points.com until May 22, my 12.5k US->HP transfer completed today. Hopefully I never have to miles around between programs ever again.
Old May 20, 2006, 2:30 pm

AmericaWest.com News & Traveler Information

At the top middle of the screen:
[quote]
Due to scheduled website maintenance, award reservations and user profiles are unavailable from 10 p.m. PDT 5/19 through the morning of 5/21.

To make an award reservation, call our FlightFund Service Center at 800-247-5691.
Old May 20, 2006, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for the www2.usairways.com link.

I took a quick look and here are my thoughts:

1 - it seems fair for domestic awards - less than 2 week booking charges, no date/time change fees for HP/US flights (I was afraid they might pull a DL on us)

2 - 1 stopover or 1 open jaw is allowed at HUB AIRPORTS (PHX, LAS, CLT, PHL, FLL, PIT). It does not seem to require additional 5,000 miles as before. I personally would have liked the stopover to be at any airport (so something like PHX-LGA-BOS-PHX would be valid) but it is not so bad, I guess.

3 - no blackout for elites - I am still confused about that. Do they allocate the inventory on the flights and just not allow non-elites from booking? Or, they don't have the inventory at all (in that case, how can elites book) - I ran into this problem with HP and could never got a straigh answer?

4 - no 15,000 mile awards - not a surprise. I hope they run specials like what UA is doing for 2006 (and probably exclude Shuttle flights)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.