Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > America West FlightFund (Pre-2005 US Airways merger)
Reload this Page >

Late Spring?? (The unofficial 'Latest scoop on the program merger' thread)

Late Spring?? (The unofficial 'Latest scoop on the program merger' thread)

Old May 1, 2006, 10:37 pm

Programs: US Airways,Hilton HHonors, Marriott, National
Originally Posted by flyingtool
Once again, the date has slipped for the merger of the frequent flier programs. The new (final?) date is May 22. This latest date slide was not because of HP or US, but rather a vendor who was not able to meet the earlier deadline.

As far as it slipping anymore, I can tell you that we have heard that Doug Parker has told the board or directors that the merger is happening in May, and that he nor anyone else wants to go back to them with a delay beyond May.

All current Elite statuses will continue until June 30th as previously communicated regardless of the final merge date.
This is annoying, but to give US Airways there dues.. they never did publish a date... so this is the internal slippings. They are missing GREAT opportunities to open the HP side of the house to the STAR ALLIANCE... I think they would want that in place ASAP to really capitalize on the network and grow the airline.
Old May 2, 2006, 10:26 am

Programs: US (and former HP) CP, UA and AA alumnus, HH Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by LAX1K to AmWest
This is annoying, but to give US Airways there dues.. they never did publish a date... so this is the internal slippings. They are missing GREAT opportunities to open the HP side of the house to the STAR ALLIANCE... I think they would want that in place ASAP to really capitalize on the network and grow the airline.
You're right on both counts. But it would be nice to make up for all this frustration (especially for those of us on the HP side who are STILL completely without * Alliance status), if when they get the programs merged our cards say "Valid through February 2008." Now THAT would go a very long way to increasing goodwill in my book. ^
Old May 2, 2006, 11:25 pm

Programs: AA EP, OZ Diamond, WS Plat, Avis CHM, Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by JScottsAZ
You're right on both counts. But it would be nice to make up for all this frustration (especially for those of us on the HP side who are STILL completely without * Alliance status), if when they get the programs merged our cards say "Valid through February 2008." Now THAT would go a very long way to increasing goodwill in my book. ^
Agreed. ^ However, there has to be enough of us to express this in writing to US ...
Old May 2, 2006, 11:35 pm
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Originally Posted by LAX1K to AmWest
That's right! As an UA elite, I have been hesitant to book any HP metal flights and even HP coded, US metal flights because I would earn zero EQM and RDM on those flights. Until HP metal flights are officially recognized by *A (or no more HP metal flights when they all become US metal), I would imagine a large number of *A FFers would continue to stay away from HP flights.

LAX
Old May 3, 2006, 8:30 pm

Originally Posted by JScottsAZ
My assumption is that they internally merged the accounts back in Feb. They had all of the data to do so and it really is not a hard thing to do. They jsut have not implemented the change yet. From an account and status perspective, they just need to run the programs again.

In order to implement the change quickly when all pieces are in place, my guess is that the cards are printed, the envelopes are stuffed and they are just waiting for the OK to deliver to the post office. If this is the case, then all decisions have been made so a goodwill gesture would be out. Not that they would do it anyways.
Old May 3, 2006, 10:39 pm

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Take a blast from the past

I went trolling for the new USAir.com hosted on the HP servers and found a nice blast from the past. It looks like they were going to launch a new version of AmericaWest.com, but stopped working on it due to the impending merger.
http://beta.americawest.com is a nice for nostalgia sake.
Old May 3, 2006, 11:36 pm

Programs: AA-EXP (1.7MM), BA-Slvr, HH-Diamond
Originally Posted by Mrp Alert
It looks like they were going to launch a new version of AmericaWest.com, but stopped working on it due to the impending merger.
LOL! Someone doesn't know their HP history. That's what americawest.com looked like just before they switched over to their current site. The merger had nothing to do with HP's web rollout plans.

For a true blast from the past try these...

HP circa 1996
HP circa 1998
HP circa 2000
HP circa 2001

Last edited by ByrdluvsAWACO; May 4, 2006 at 2:01 am
Old May 4, 2006, 12:54 am

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Originally Posted by ByrdluvsAWACO
LOL! Someone doesn't know their HP history. That's what americawest.com looked like just before they switched over to their current site.
You got me on this one... I thought it looked familiar. Either way - its nice to see it still alive

Try this page on for size - http://reservations.usairways.com

Last edited by Mrp Alert; May 4, 2006 at 7:56 am
Old May 4, 2006, 9:04 am

Programs: US PLT, UA 1P
I miss surf and go. Used to do that a bunch back in the day.
Old May 4, 2006, 12:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVP 75k, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold, National Executive Elite
I went trolling for the new USAir.com hosted on the HP servers and found a nice blast from the past. It looks like they were going to launch a new version of AmericaWest.com, but stopped working on it due to the impending merger.
http://beta.americawest.com is a nice for nostalgia sake.

I took a look and listed on the FF page is something that says HP won Best Elite Program 3 years in a row. I thought they only won twice? Am I incorrect or was it just wishful thinking on their part?

Jennifer
Old May 4, 2006, 2:27 pm

Programs: AA-EXP (1.7MM), BA-Slvr, HH-Diamond
Try this page on for size - http://reservations.usairways.com
US 1997
Old May 4, 2006, 3:31 pm

Programs: GSA City-Pair; emeritus AS MVPG/UA 1K/US Plat, etc.
It's pretty obvious that someone's reading this board... as those URLs get put up, they stop working!
Old May 4, 2006, 5:01 pm

Programs: US PLT, UA 1P
Originally Posted by FCYTravis
It's pretty obvious that someone's reading this board... as those URLs get put up, they stop working!
Check your browser, I perused them earlier, and again just now, they all still work for me.
Old May 5, 2006, 1:13 am

I have two small HP segments (part of a larger US MR) on May 11th. I was hoping to credit to UA, but because that doesn't seem to be possible, what are my other options? Can you still credit HP flights to HA?
Old May 5, 2006, 2:12 pm

Enjoy Up to 9,000 Dividend Milkes and instant SPG elite status

I guess elite benefits are begining to trickle in. Even though I already have SPG from Ameniti, I received a shiny new card in the mail today with the title "Enjoy Up to 9,000 Dividend Milkes and instant SPG elite status." Basically, the offer allows me to "earn 3,000 bonus Dividen Miles for every 3 nights that you stay through July 15, 2006 (up to 9,000 bonus miles)." The offer seems targeted as it has a special url (referencing AWGold) for sign up.

I should also note that I have never earned SPG points for my stays at Starwood as I use the Divdiend Miles Rewards Network site whenever I book with Starwood. Did anyone else receive this offer?

Last edited by Mrp Alert; May 5, 2006 at 2:59 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.