Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > America West FlightFund (Pre-2005 US Airways merger)
Reload this Page >

Late Spring?? (The unofficial 'Latest scoop on the program merger' thread)

Late Spring?? (The unofficial 'Latest scoop on the program merger' thread)

Old Apr 15, 2006, 11:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 1 MM, Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond
While it will be nice to have the merged program in place, I'm not sure CE/CP's will see a whole lot of benefit until June 30 when the faux Chairman's out there will finally lose status.
Old Apr 16, 2006, 12:43 am

Programs: AA EP, OZ Diamond, WS Plat, Avis CHM, Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Those of us that earned CP for this year feel shorted since we'll only have REAL US CP (along with *G status, etc.) for 7-8 months instead of 12. Anyone echo my concerns? Do you think US will do anything about it ... ???
Old Apr 16, 2006, 9:28 am

Programs: US CP, HH DIA, IC AMB
Originally Posted by Insiderdude
Those of us that earned CP for this year feel shorted since we'll only have REAL US CP (along with *G status, etc.) for 7-8 months instead of 12. Anyone echo my concerns? Do you think US will do anything about it ... ???
I'm with you on the concern but,do you really think they care?
Old Apr 16, 2006, 11:54 pm

Programs: AA EP, OZ Diamond, WS Plat, Avis CHM, Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist
I'm hoping they will if we let them know it's a concern.
Old Apr 17, 2006, 7:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Insiderdude
I'm hoping they will if we let them know it's a concern.
It's a big concern for me, but I'm not holding my breath that they're going to do anything about it.
Old Apr 25, 2006, 8:38 am
Original Poster

Anybody know if they will be sending out new elite credentials prior to the May 9 date we've been hearing or will that date simply be the day that they give more details on the new program?
Old Apr 25, 2006, 9:27 am

Programs: US Airways,Hilton HHonors, Marriott, National
Originally Posted by Royiv
Anybody know if they will be sending out new elite credentials prior to the May 9 date we've been hearing or will that date simply be the day that they give more details on the new program?

Great point... I would hope they give more data soon.. and not right at the 11th hour...

But that is what usually happens, it is probably going to update /upgrade accounts and let other's know that downgrades are coming June 30. SO I see it as probably a 2 month "transition window". I guess the time is to make sure all the mistakes are fixed and accounts merged correctly... so that no one is "adversely affected" by the merger...

We all know we are. since the "old CP/CEs" are still around until Summer.
Old Apr 25, 2006, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Well FWIW, I did US OLCI today for my US operated/ticketed flights tomorrow (phx-clt-ewr) and the BP says "Chairman's Preferred". It also says "HP Flight Fund Platinum" on it as well. Odd since I'm a HP CE. Oh well!

Ian
Old Apr 25, 2006, 1:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by enviroian
Well FWIW, I did US OLCI today for my US operated/ticketed flights tomorrow (phx-clt-ewr) and the BP says "Chairman's Preferred". It also says "HP Flight Fund Platinum" on it as well. Odd since I'm a HP CE. Oh well!

Ian
That's exactly how all of my boarding passes on US operated flights have been appearing for months now and I'm HP CE, so I don't think that's anything new.
Old Apr 25, 2006, 7:50 pm

I flew America West last Monday PIT-PHX-BUR, I gave the gate agent my USAir Card, she put it in and printed out a new boarding pass with the number. I did not get credit. I did get credit for my return flight on Friday. I called the USDM center, they said to request it under flight fund on America West and they will be combined in "late May".
Old Apr 25, 2006, 11:36 pm

Programs: US Airways,Hilton HHonors, Marriott, National
Originally Posted by debbieb
I flew America West last Monday PIT-PHX-BUR, I gave the gate agent my USAir Card, she put it in and printed out a new boarding pass with the number. I did not get credit. I did get credit for my return flight on Friday. I called the USDM center, they said to request it under flight fund on America West and they will be combined in "late May".

I am still not surprised, since the merging process is going to take some time. I would not be surprised if this is a slow "merge".

I would like to start "hearing more".
One disappointing thing is the usairways merger site. It does NOT get updated. It is so ineffective now, and disappointing. Even a "What's New" section would great as it could be updated weekly. But they do not see this as an opportunity to keep the frequent flyer's attention... Oh well.
Old Apr 26, 2006, 6:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LAX1K to AmWest
I would like to start "hearing more".
One disappointing thing is the usairways merger site. It does NOT get updated. It is so ineffective now, and disappointing. Even a "What's New" section would great as it could be updated weekly. But they do not see this as an opportunity to keep the frequent flyer's attention... Oh well.
Agreed. For a change that is supposed to take place in less than two weeks, they seem to be very short on information. So far, I have been pretty disappointed in the lack of communication by HP/US to its most frequent fliers. I too wish that they would have chosen to keep the merger website updated on a weekly or even monthly basis.
Old Apr 28, 2006, 8:34 am

Programs: US Chairman, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond
Once again, the date has slipped for the merger of the frequent flier programs. The new (final?) date is May 22. This latest date slide was not because of HP or US, but rather a vendor who was not able to meet the earlier deadline.

As far as it slipping anymore, I can tell you that we have heard that Doug Parker has told the board or directors that the merger is happening in May, and that he nor anyone else wants to go back to them with a delay beyond May.

All current Elite statuses will continue until June 30th as previously communicated regardless of the final merge date.
Old Apr 28, 2006, 3:25 pm

Programs: GSA City-Pair; emeritus AS MVPG/UA 1K/US Plat, etc.
Oh, that's awesome. I've got several United flights booked in early May with the assumption I'd be able to get bonus miles/E+/priority boarding with my status.

Jeezus, man... another month.
Old May 1, 2006, 7:17 pm

Programs: US-Chairman, Hyatt_Diamond
Does this mean that DP does not have a handle on what is happening? Are the merger cost savings at risk and the CASM going higher?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.