Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > America West FlightFund (Pre-2005 US Airways merger)
Reload this Page >

Late Spring?? (The unofficial 'Latest scoop on the program merger' thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Late Spring?? (The unofficial 'Latest scoop on the program merger' thread)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2006, 4:07 pm

Programs: HH Silver, MR Plat Prem & LT Plat, Hyatt Plat,SPG Plat, Hertz PC, National EE, UA 1K
Originally Posted by bitburgr
So, as an update to PhillyPhlyer40 and my own previous post, I checked my account this morning and I am now, officially, a Gold member with > 50K miles flown. So they do seem to be processing new statuses.

I finally had ALL of the "bugs" worked out of my gold status. Funny part is, I am now told, via email and verbal that I will be getting the old 100% bonus for the rest of this year. This is really wacky! Oh well, I will have to wait until my a/c flights post!
Old Mar 16, 2006, 10:44 am

Programs: US Chairman, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by mileshound
Will there be advance notice or will it just happen?
It will be communicated once it has happened, which is probably the best way seeing as the date has switched numerous times internally.

Speaking of -

Remember how I mentioned the date would definately not slip? Guess what - it slipped. Now it looks like May 10th. Without giving specifics, I can say that this date is firm and has been publicized to companies that are making changes to their programs and processes to support the merger of the 2 programs.
Old Mar 18, 2006, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by flyingtool
It will be communicated once it has happened, which is probably the best way seeing as the date has switched numerous times internally.

Speaking of -

Remember how I mentioned the date would definately not slip? Guess what - it slipped. Now it looks like May 10th. Without giving specifics, I can say that this date is firm and has been publicized to companies that are making changes to their programs and processes to support the merger of the 2 programs.
Thanks for the heads up. Since I'm dropping from CP to nothing I am greatly impacted by the date. I have 1 possible trip coming up and want to get it in by before the change.

Can you confirm that there are no soft landings (ie. only dropping 1 level)?
Old Mar 20, 2006, 6:59 am

Programs: US Chairman, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by mileshound
Thanks for the heads up. Since I'm dropping from CP to nothing I am greatly impacted by the date. I have 1 possible trip coming up and want to get it in by before the change.

Can you confirm that there are no soft landings (ie. only dropping 1 level)?

My understanding is that there will be soft landings just like the old Dividend Miles program had. Every current elite member had their elite status from last year extended until June 30th - this is still the case. The plan is that if you qualify for a higher level once your US and HP accounts are combined, you will be upgraded, but no one gets downgraded until June 30th.
Old Mar 20, 2006, 9:20 am

Programs: US Airways,Hilton HHonors, Marriott, National
Originally Posted by flyingtool
My understanding is that there will be soft landings just like the old Dividend Miles program had. Every current elite member had their elite status from last year extended until June 30th - this is still the case. The plan is that if you qualify for a higher level once your US and HP accounts are combined, you will be upgraded, but no one gets downgraded until June 30th.
Acckk, so we have to deal with the CE Trials, Old CP/CEs, and qualified CP/CE's until June 30... Upgrades are going to be fun until into the summer. Still sad that your "new" status is only for a shortened year. It is like "we really appreciate you flying both airlines and trusting us to give u a combined status this year, BUT you only get 1/2 year... thank you for flying with US"

Luckily I still have CE on HP, but my friend has qualified for GOLD on Both with 107 total segments.. and still has to wait until the combined program. They were mostly international on US, he would have flown BA or VA if he needed the miles, oh well.. fun fun fun.
Old Mar 20, 2006, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by LAX1K to AmWest
Acckk, so we have to deal with the CE Trials, Old CP/CEs, and qualified CP/CE's until June 30... Upgrades are going to be fun until into the summer. Still sad that your "new" status is only for a shortened year. It is like "we really appreciate you flying both airlines and trusting us to give u a combined status this year, BUT you only get 1/2 year... thank you for flying with US"

Luckily I still have CE on HP, but my friend has qualified for GOLD on Both with 107 total segments.. and still has to wait until the combined program. They were mostly international on US, he would have flown BA or VA if he needed the miles, oh well.. fun fun fun.
I agree with your frustration. I busted my bee-hind to qualify for CP this year when I did the 32K EQM challenge between October 1st 2005 and January 31st 2006. So for everyone that didn't qualify for CP is riding on the extended CP status (is it June 30th?) at a qualified CP expense. Honestly, no offense towards those who didn't qualify, but it just devaluates the program (at least for CP's for half of the year). My $0.02
Old Mar 20, 2006, 12:27 pm

Programs: UA1K
all i want is a date for when UA can earn EQMs on HP
Old Mar 20, 2006, 1:13 pm

Programs: AA Gold,DL Gold
Originally Posted by haddon90
all i want is a date for when UA can earn EQMs on HP
Is that possible?
I thought that was not possible until they combine operating certificates in 2007.
Old Mar 20, 2006, 3:26 pm

now it's 07?!?!?! Instead of US/HP giving a false date and then putting it off, they need to figure out when everything will be merged. I'm staying away from US/HP because of this. The sooner US/HP can get accepted into *A (yes I know US is there), the more $$$ I'll be happy to throw their way. I personally would love to try out HP and fly through PHX and LAS because I've heard about the two airport. I just wish they'd get everything done.
Old Mar 20, 2006, 6:02 pm

Programs: US Airways,Hilton HHonors, Marriott, National
Originally Posted by haddon90
now it's 07?!?!?! Instead of US/HP giving a false date and then putting it off, they need to figure out when everything will be merged. I'm staying away from US/HP because of this. The sooner US/HP can get accepted into *A (yes I know US is there), the more $$$ I'll be happy to throw their way. I personally would love to try out HP and fly through PHX and LAS because I've heard about the two airport. I just wish they'd get everything done.
Let's wait and see. As the new program will be DM, they might have the changes in place for the airlines to get *Alliance miles on US flights operated by HP. I think it may happen earlier, since they want it to be more transparent as soon as they can. Especially as they start to launch HP flights from US hubs,etc... It would be a PR nightmare to figure this out for *Alliance members.

I really hope (and beleive) that it should be before 2007.
Old Mar 20, 2006, 9:26 pm

now there's a thread on the UA board about US breaking off ties with *A. i think that'd be a horrible idea.
Old Mar 20, 2006, 11:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 1 MM, Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond
I'm really hoping the integration happens sooner rather than later and the new DM program will continue to its relationship with UA. I have an upcoming trip on UA, which includes some flights on US metal, and it's frustrating that my CE status with HP will get me nowhere on all these flights -- six legs total. Instead, I'll credit the flights to my DM account, which has no status and all I will get are the EQMs.
Old Mar 21, 2006, 12:51 am

Programs: GSA City-Pair; emeritus AS MVPG/UA 1K/US Plat, etc.
Roy: Call up the USDM service center and ask that they place a note in your account to credit your bonus miles when the HP and US accounts merge.

I got rebooked off a cancelled US flight onto UA metal, and plugged my no-status USDM number in to get the miles. I called up the service center and asked to speak to a supervisor - I explained the situation and he said he'd put a note in my file to credit bonus miles upon account merger.

Don't know if it'll actually happen, we'll wait and see...
Old Apr 15, 2006, 10:31 am

Programs: DL FO, US SP, SPG G, HH S, PC PLT
Any Updates???

Anyone heard any news regarding the timetable. I am sure this is Hugh task as many IT folks have noted. I would think they are making sure all is right. As I have learn once the door is open, it a lot harder to fix some problems.
Looking forward to a my first ever AW flights in the west at the end of the month.

SCA
Old Apr 15, 2006, 4:47 pm

Programs: AA EP, OZ Diamond, WS Plat, Avis CHM, Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist
I called the Plat/CE line at HP FF today and the CSR said the new merged DM program is to debut May 9th. Not sure how accurate that is but I thought I'd just pass it on to the forum nonetheless.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.