FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   America West FlightFund (Pre-2005 US Airways merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/america-west-flightfund-pre-2005-us-airways-merger-444/)
-   -   The UA Prima Donnas are coming! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/america-west-flightfund-pre-2005-us-airways-merger/500786-ua-prima-donnas-coming.html)

ByrdluvsAWACO Dec 6, 2005 2:04 pm

The UA Prima Donnas are coming!

I've done a number of PHX-LAX/SFO flights over the past three weeks and I'm starting to notice a number of UA elites waving around their elite cards looking for upgrades and boarding priority.

This past Monday morning in LAX some lady started waving her UA elite card to the HP ticket counter agent and stating she'd like to be upgraded. :rolleyes: This same lady was asking the gate agent to be put in the "elite boarding group". :rolleyes:

I hope I don't have to start contending with hordes of UA "elite" on the PHX-SFO routes in the future. It'll be bad enough with some of these US CP divas acting like they own the aircraft.

KevAZ Dec 6, 2005 2:56 pm

ROTLMAO! Ain't it the truth! Heck as a former UAM, I was happy with getting the Elite ticketing line (pre-kiosk days) as a *Alliance member on a member airline.

And I agree with you about the CPs. As I've said before, it's not all of them, but there are a few that stick out like dogs'.... er, you know. :p Long before the take over was a twinkle in Parker's eye, I vowed to never fly US again due to the very loud jerks that hollered out "but I'm a CP!" whenever I happened to be flying on the run down old US planes. I never said a thing about it at home, but my wife mentioned the same behavior on a flight xPHL about a year ago. She asked me what CP meant. I won't/can't say what my reply was. :D

FCYTravis Dec 6, 2005 6:14 pm

Once the merger consummates, I guess the UA folks can pay up at the gate with $40-per-500 certs, after they get in line behind all of us HP Elite Lites waiting for our comp seats.

PHX-SFO is, what, 650 miles? That'd be the biggest waste of two 500-milers ever. Hell, I got Admiral's Club access and a hot meal with my two AA 500-milers to J DFW-MEX... 938 miles.

longing4piedmont Dec 6, 2005 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by ByrdluvsAWACO
It'll be bad enough with some of these US CP divas acting like they own the aircraft.

Ok. That's strike two. First it was the Barbie Jet comment and now this. Strike three and you go on the ignore list. :p

UAL_Rulez Dec 12, 2005 12:37 pm

Since TED took over all UA service in PHX, those UA elites have to find SOME way to get upgrades! :p

sts603 Dec 12, 2005 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by longing4piedmont
Ok. That's strike two. First it was the Barbie Jet comment and now this. Strike three and you go on the ignore list. :p

thanks. I agree. I don't like the stereotype. I conduct myself with humility when I fly as a CP. If I don't get the answer I like, I disagree respectfully. Shouting never gets you anywhere.

WBurcham Dec 12, 2005 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by sts603
thanks. I agree. I don't like the stereotype. I conduct myself with humility when I fly as a CP. If I don't get the answer I like, I disagree respectfully. Shouting never gets you anywhere.

too bad every CP doesn't....

Mrp Alert Dec 12, 2005 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by UAL_Rulez
Since TED took over all UA service in PHX, those UA elites have to find SOME way to get upgrades! :p

Same situation with LAS - its all TED. I am flying LAS-LAX-SFO just to burn up a UA F upgrade I have instead of letting it die.

andrewp Dec 12, 2005 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by Mrp Alert
Same situation with LAS - its all TED. I am flying LAS-LAX-SFO just to burn up a UA F upgrade I have instead of letting it die.

Actually, LAS is much worse. PHX still has one (soon to be two) mainline UA flights.

I'll take a TED exit row over the chance for an upgrade on HP for anything under 2 hours.

Mrp Alert Dec 13, 2005 1:11 am

Originally Posted by andrewp
Actually, LAS is much worse. PHX still has one (soon to be two) mainline UA flights.

Lucky Phoenicians!

Originally Posted by andrewp
I'll take a TED exit row over the chance for an upgrade on HP for anything under 2 hours.

Except that you have to be UA Premeir Executive to get an exit row. Have not tried my *A Gold US status yet for exit rows.

ByrdluvsAWACO Dec 13, 2005 7:48 am

Go away Star alliance!

too bad every CP doesn't....
Yes. By the way some CP's act on this board, I don't look forward to a future of seeing them on HP flights out west.

Originally Posted by longing4piedmont

Tell me what I can do to get to strike three. :p :D

sts603 Dec 13, 2005 3:43 pm

Yes. By the way some CP's act on this board, I don't look forward to a future of seeing them on HP flights out west.

Tell me what I can do to get to strike three. :p :D

Mind if I ask (even through a PM if you like) what kinds of comments you are referring. I've already mentioned my personal feelings on my own behavior but I don't think most CPs are bad at all.

And why did you label this "Go away *A?" You must admit, there are a number of benefits unless you really do only travel within the old-HP route system.

AZ Travels the World Dec 13, 2005 4:53 pm

. . . I don't look forward to a future of seeing them on HP flights out west. . .

You've very publicly abandoned HP and have done nothing but rag on the merger, US, CP's, Parker, Star Alliance, etc. Does this comment indicate you've had a change of heart and will (begrudgingly, apparently) be staying around?

FCYTravis Dec 13, 2005 5:27 pm

He's just burning miles on award tickets :p

If you want to fly PHX-LAX/SFO-OAK, you have, what, three choices... WN, HP or RAR!, right?

ByrdluvsAWACO Dec 14, 2005 3:37 pm

So changes my loyalty.

Originally Posted by AZ Travels the World
You've very publicly abandoned HP and have done nothing but rag on the merger, US, CP's, Parker, Star Alliance, etc. Does this comment indicate you've had a change of heart and will (begrudgingly, apparently) be staying around?

As HP is the only choice on my PHX-SAN "Day to the Beach" runs, I will probably still be around somewhat. However, the days of Byrd being top-tier with HP are coming to an end. I qualified for Plat in 2006, but in 2007 I will only be Silver at the most.

As FCYTravis indicated, these recent flights were awards.

Looks as though I may have to become a UA "Prima Donna". ;)