CP Status on the new US Airways

Old Sep 26, 05, 2:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AA LT Plat, DL Silver
CP Status on the new US Airways

I wonder how the elites actual breakdown by "new" status?

I know, for me, that based on my usual travel patterns, I would fall short of CP for 2006, but I am substantially above the requirements for the "old" platinum.

I guess I will squeeze in a few more trips so I make it over the top.

Anybody else?
Old Sep 26, 05, 6:24 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, MH Gold, SPG Platinum
I'm fortunate (or really unfortunate depending on your POV) that I'm almost always flying trans con stuff. My clients in the last few years have been all been in either DC, PHL or NY. I'm in BOS this week and can only hope that we don't win a project here because it is even farther away.

Anyway, I'm rarely less than 175,000 miles for the year. I've hardly traveled at all this summer and I still have 138,000 between HP and US (85% on HP). Plus some assorted AA trips that I hate. Anyway, I'm out of this ASAP as I had a baby this year and want to spend time with her so it may not last much longer.
Old Sep 26, 05, 7:41 pm

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY, HILTON DIAMOND
This is hilarious. So many of you said that I was wrong when I stated that the new US Airways will favor its former CPs who fly at least 100,000 miles a year. America West must love its Platinum Elite members so much that you guys are only getting CP status until February 2006. LOL
Old Sep 26, 05, 7:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AA LT Plat, DL Silver
Once this info regarding Trial CP comes out in a few weeks, I am betting that HP FF's and US FF's will somehow be equalized. I have faith that the system will be as as possible to all of us.
Old Sep 26, 05, 8:16 pm

Programs: HP/US
Originally Posted by fly747first
This is hilarious. So many of you said that I was wrong when I stated that the new US Airways will favor its former CPs who fly at least 100,000 miles a year. America West must love its Platinum Elite members so much that you guys are only getting CP status until February 2006. LOL
Well, look for 120 segments next year for CP.
Old Sep 27, 05, 12:19 am

Originally Posted by snokums925
Well, look for 120 segments next year for CP.
and just what is that supposed to mean??

two members with identical 100-segment years in 2005 will be getting vastly different treatment in '06: the HP Platinum at 100 segments gets "temporary" CP until Feb 2006. the US CP at 100 segments gets "renewal" CP through Feb 2007...

of course, at the Gold level it's reversed; it's the US members who are getting the royal screwing over... why would any 50K elite flyer stick with this airline? their bonuses would double on just about any alternative.
Old Sep 27, 05, 9:46 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Not looking good for the home team......US is inclined to get even less of my business, besides the fact that their fares aren't all that cheap (guess who had the lowest 7-day fare between PHX and LAS this past week? Clue: Not an airline that has a hub in both places)

All I can say is good luck to Doug Parker and his team.
Old Sep 27, 05, 11:23 am

Programs: US Airways,Hilton HHonors, Marriott, National
Question

Originally Posted by transporter99
Not looking good for the home team......US is inclined to get even less of my business, besides the fact that their fares aren't all that cheap (guess who had the lowest 7-day fare between PHX and LAS this past week? Clue: Not an airline that has a hub in both places)

All I can say is good luck to Doug Parker and his team.

I expect to see the airline reducing capacity too. So there goal is to load the planes that they can and stop the routes that they can not load. Of course, the RJs are always a HP "enhancement to a route".

I am still confused if anything happens if you hit 90 segments (AFTER OCT 5)?? I sent an email to Flight Fund and will post an answer here when I find out specifically. I hope, you would go to the CP trial program until Feb 28?

Search this Thread