A Great Experience on HP

Old Sep 22, 05, 12:17 pm
21D
Original Poster

Programs: AA/SPG/Hertz Gold HH/HPSilver
A Great Experience on HP

Sent to AWA this morning:

A lot of times I read about the problems of an airline in general. I have had my share of those moments. On Tuesday however I flew from BUR to PHX (479) with the friendliest and attentive HP staff I have ever experienced. The pilots were chatting with passengers as they came on board (I was in 1C). Two of the FA's were exceptional in their service. We were offered pre flight drinks and while it was only a pretzel flight, we had plenty of those also. They did talk about the merger and rightly so are concerned. They were positive but apprehensive which is totally understandable given US Airís reputation. This sort of service and personal attention will gain customers for the new USAir. I hope the use of A&B cards will continue after the merger to give us the ability to reward this kind of exceptional service.
Old Sep 24, 05, 9:20 am

Wow that's great! I'm glad you had a good experience!!

It's kinda sad actually because we have really improved our service and for the most part are consistent with it. It figures now we will disappear! lol But it's a good ending.....same happened with Piedmont...they left on a VERY good note.

There is a ton of emphasis on starting fresh with new airline. Most of us feel very positive about the merger. I was unusually happy yesterday at work....yet very sad at the same. It's a new beginning for all of us!
Old Sep 24, 05, 7:12 pm

Programs: HP/US
Originally Posted by Joeypete
Wow that's great! I'm glad you had a good experience!!

It's kinda sad actually because we have really improved our service and for the most part are consistent with it. It figures now we will disappear! lol But it's a good ending.....same happened with Piedmont...they left on a VERY good note.

There is a ton of emphasis on starting fresh with new airline. Most of us feel very positive about the merger. I was unusually happy yesterday at work....yet very sad at the same. It's a new beginning for all of us!
Good point. When the sign came off CHQ the other day, it started to hit me. The company I work for is changing...even though management is the same, the HP name is going away. Sure, it will be nice to fly to many new places but...we'll see.
Old Sep 25, 05, 3:37 pm

Programs: HP Gold, US Silver, Starwood Gold, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by 21D
Sent to AWA this morning:

... BUR to PHX (479) with the friendliest and attentive HP staff I have ever experienced. The pilots were chatting with passengers as they came on board ....
I fly that route regularly, hence my screen name. On Thursday of last week I was leaving BUR in the afternoon (1 day after JetBlue BUR/LAX incident), the captain addressed the entire flight while standing at 1B. He offered his personal time to any passanger who was uneasy about flying or had question about how the safety systems worked. It was a nice touch and showed that HP employees have come a long way from the terrible service in the mid-90s.

Search this Thread