Paper Tickets???

Old Sep 21, 05, 1:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: US PLT, UA 1P
Paper Tickets???

Just booked a couple of tickets through corp. expedia . . . was told I had to pay an additional $20 for the issuance of paper tickets, no e-ticket was available.

Anyone else had this happen to them? I am wondering if it is because of the merger? not really sure.

Also when I spoke to the expedia agent to finish booking the trip (per the instructions), they had no idea that HP and US had/were planning to merge.

I thought that was weird . . . but possibly not.
Old Sep 21, 05, 4:47 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by cpmairtight
Just booked a couple of tickets through corp. expedia . . . was told I had to pay an additional $20 for the issuance of paper tickets, no e-ticket was available.

Anyone else had this happen to them? I am wondering if it is because of the merger? not really sure.

Also when I spoke to the expedia agent to finish booking the trip (per the instructions), they had no idea that HP and US had/were planning to merge.

Most Airlines charge you for paper tickets; can't opine though if HP used to provide this free prior to merger
Old Sep 21, 05, 8:01 pm

Programs: HP/US

Remember, you are dealing with Expedia...Why would they have to issue a paper ticket?
What is the itinerary? Does it involve another carrier that HP does not have an etkt agreement with? There are very few carriers we can't etkt anymore.
If HP is not able to etkt with a carrier, we do not charge the 20.00 paper ticket fee.
Let me know whats up!
Old Sep 22, 05, 9:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by snokums925
Remember, you are dealing with Expedia...Why would they have to issue a paper ticket?
What is the itinerary? Does it involve another carrier that HP does not have an etkt agreement with? There are very few carriers we can't etkt anymore.
If HP is not able to etkt with a carrier, we do not charge the 20.00 paper ticket fee.
Let me know whats up!
Nope its a paper ticket all the way . . . I had no option it was paper ticket or don't go at all. . . and they billed me.

That is what was so weird, I had NO OPTION . . . I have not had a paper ticket since like the 80s . . .

It is also HP all the way. SFO - LAS - PHL outbound and PHL - PHX - SFO on the return.
Old Sep 22, 05, 9:46 am

Programs: DL DM, SPG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Avis First, National Executive Emerald
Why didnt you try to book directly with HP or try travelocity or orbitz?
Old Sep 22, 05, 10:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jklevine
Why didnt you try to book directly with HP or try travelocity or orbitz?
Company policy must use Corp Expedia site to book . . .

Evident no one else has had this exp. I thought it might be due to the merger. Oh well. . .
Old Sep 22, 05, 6:10 pm

Programs: HP/US
Company policy must use Corp Expedia site to book . . .

Evident no one else has had this exp. I thought it might be due to the merger. Oh well. . .
Personally, I would call Expedia and pitch a *****!
Old Sep 22, 05, 6:34 pm

Company policy must use Corp Expedia site to book . ..
Sounds like you need to ask your corporate travel manager.
Old Sep 24, 05, 8:21 pm

I've seen this a lot at the airport. I think what is really happening is the travel agencies are just trying to make extra money. There is no reason for them to issue a paper ticket on that itinerary...only to get an extra $20!!
Old Sep 25, 05, 2:32 am

What country was the Expedia agent from, or should I say what planet!

Search this Thread