HP Club at LAS now Welcome US Air Passengers

Old Sep 21, 05, 11:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AA LT Plat, DL Silver
HP Club at LAS now Welcome US Air Passengers

I got to the America West Club today and saw a paper sign by the club indicating that US Air passengers were welcome. Today is the first day for this. From what I was told, this is an LAS thing only (so far).
Old Sep 21, 05, 1:39 pm

Programs: NetJets Marquis, Southwest Moo, Marriott Platinum
There goes the neighborhood!

Just kidding!

Wonder why they made the decision just at LAS? Strange that they are making one off decisions here and there.
Old Sep 21, 05, 4:45 pm

Programs: DL DM
If find the LAS club to be one of the most useless airlines clubs in the US.

With the horrific security lines at LAS, you cannot sit comfortably in the club knowing that you still need to give enough time to go through security.

(The E Gate AA Admirals Club at MIA is probably just as bad though in this repsect)

My guess is they started this at LAS because they figure it won't greatly affect the number of people coming in and out.
Old Sep 21, 05, 5:37 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by KevAZ
Wonder why they made the decision just at LAS? . . .
US consolidation of airport ops w/ HP in LAS starts next week -- it's the first airport they're combining. Perhaps doing a trial run on a smaller hub before tackling PHX the following week?

In the High-A PHX club yesterday morning I overheard an agent explaining to a man at the front desk that US members will begin using HP clubs as soon as they consolidate PHX ops at T4-- about 10/5, if I recall correctly. She said that HP members would have access to the other US clubs at the same time.

She also said that as of that time, HP members who currently have access to NW clubs will be using UA RCC's instead. Interesting. . .
Old Sep 21, 05, 5:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors Gold
So I take it the HP/NW clubsharing will go bye-bye? (Hopefully not before my flight on Friday )

Frankly, the NW clubs are a better deal (free drinks, all soon-to-be free wi-fi) then UA RCC's, but considering they're all Star Alliance now...
Old Sep 21, 05, 5:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by AZ Travels the World
She also said that as of that time, HP members who currently have access to NW clubs will be using UA RCC's instead. Interesting. . .

Hmmm... please enlighten me... do members with NW club access have to be flying NW in order to use the club? I was under the impression that they didn't.

Perhaps this will carry over to the RCC and I can dump either my HP or UA club membership
Old Sep 21, 05, 6:17 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by andrewp
Hmmm... please enlighten me... do members with NW club access have to be flying NW in order to use the club? I was under the impression that they didn't.
Currently, you don't have to be flying NW in order to use the NW club (assuming you have the full membership and not the "hub club" only membership, in which case you can't use the NW clubs at all).
Old Sep 21, 05, 8:04 pm

Programs: HP/US
Originally Posted by AZ Travels the World
Currently, you don't have to be flying NW in order to use the NW club (assuming you have the full membership and not the "hub club" only membership, in which case you can't use the NW clubs at all).
Lots of changes coming up folks...stay tuned!
Old Sep 21, 05, 9:05 pm

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI) [1991 - 2010]
Programs: Lifetime: UA United Club, AA Admirals Club & Marriott Rewards Silver Elite
Originally Posted by FlyAO2
With the horrific security lines at LAS, you cannot sit comfortably in the club knowing that you still need to give enough time to go through security.

(The E Gate AA Admirals Club at MIA is probably just as bad though in this respect.)
See generally Which CO, NW, DL, HP, AS, UA & AA clubs are landside?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47376

Search this Thread