Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Merger Update for Elite Members (their title, not mine)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2005, 7:58 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by enviroian
I haven't received any emails from HP, merger or otherwise. I even went into my online profile and sure enough have all necessary email notifications checked.

Perhaps someone down at Tempe HQ has gotten tired of my hot pocket jokes, breadstick jokes, and flaming their movie choices
I think that's it, Ian. They know who you are and you're not invited to the new airline.

Seriously, I haven't received a single merger e-mail either. I do get the US e-mails, however. Go figure. (Maybe I'm not invited, either!)
Old Sep 20, 2005, 9:20 pm

Programs: US Airways,Hilton HHonors, Marriott, National
Talking

Originally Posted by AZ Travels the World
I think that's it, Ian. They know who you are and you're not invited to the new airline.

Seriously, I haven't received a single merger e-mail either. I do get the US e-mails, however. Go figure. (Maybe I'm not invited, either!)

I am also only getting US Airways messages. Funny, since I only matched my HP Gold to US AIRWAYS.. you would think HP would be better at sending this out

Here is some of the text from my US version

Originally Posted by US VERSION OF THE EMAIL
After months of planning, the merger of US Airways and America West is almost upon us, and if all goes as planned our companies will formally merge within the next two weeks. We couldn’t be more excited about this important milestone in aviation history and I want to take a moment to communicate a couple of things for you to know as we prepare for day one of the merged airlines.

First, I want to pass along the sincere gratitude of our 28,000 employees at US Airways and US Airways Express. You meet some of these fantastic people every time you fly with us, and I am honored to be a colleague of some of the finest aviation professionals in the business. All of us recognize that you are part of a distinctive group of travelers that make up the heart and soul of US Airways. Quite simply, Preferred members fly more frequently and generate a significant portion of our revenue. We value the business you bring us, and we thank you for putting your trust in us to help you succeed in your own business. Thank you for working with us for so many years.
Old Sep 20, 2005, 10:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVP 75k, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold, National Executive Elite
I didn't receive the email either as an HP Plat. Thanks for posting here.

I am really starting to wonder now when we are going to hear more details. I have been waiting patiently to hear specifically about how they are going to deal with upgrades. In the letter it just says that we will get information but gives no timeframe at all. If the merger will be effective September 27-30/Oct 1 then they need to get us that information last week.

I have flights planned (to PIT and PHL) that will fall near and just after those dates. If nothing is decided and in place it means that I will be going against US Gold's for an upgrade, if there are any booked on the flight. Obviously this would not make me happy. If HP plats are going to move to a 7 day window like CP’s currently have then I could be calling in on day one to get a number of flights upgraded.

What do you all think, should I just be patient longer or start to try to call and at least make some noise. I feel I have been (as well as all elites) patient but this is cutting it a bit close. I have not been one to be negative about this whole thing but I am feeling like HP has let the elites down in this respect, as they should have given us a little notice as to what to expect for benefits.

Just my thoughts....

Jennifer

Last edited by JenniferNAz; Sep 20, 2005 at 11:07 pm
Old Sep 21, 2005, 4:41 am

Programs: AA Ex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver
I received US's email but not HP. For some reason I can't get any of the emails from HP. My profile has them all blank and when I change them I never get the confirmation email sent out to approve them so they go back to blank. FF elite desk can't even change them for me. No idea why but at least US got me the email.

Lance
Old Sep 21, 2005, 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by JenniferNAz
I didn't receive the email either as an HP Plat. Thanks for posting here.

I am really starting to wonder now when we are going to hear more details. I have been waiting patiently to hear specifically about how they are going to deal with upgrades. In the letter it just says that we will get information but gives no timeframe at all. If the merger will be effective September 27-30/Oct 1 then they need to get us that information last week.

I have flights planned (to PIT and PHL) that will fall near and just after those dates. If nothing is decided and in place it means that I will be going against US Gold's for an upgrade, if there are any booked on the flight. Obviously this would not make me happy. If HP plats are going to move to a 7 day window like CP’s currently have then I could be calling in on day one to get a number of flights upgraded.

What do you all think, should I just be patient longer or start to try to call and at least make some noise. I feel I have been (as well as all elites) patient but this is cutting it a bit close. I have not been one to be negative about this whole thing but I am feeling like HP has let the elites down in this respect, as they should have given us a little notice as to what to expect for benefits.

Just my thoughts....

Jennifer
I'm in the same boat. I'm wanting to plan a honeymoon for the beginning of the year but would rather do it with some firm new DM guidelines in place first. I've heard October 1st thrown around a bit as a time for rolling out new FF/DM info but that's about it.

oh well wait and see I guess.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.