Gold upgrade process

Old Sep 19, 05, 1:40 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Whitehall, PA, USA
Programs: HHonors Gold
Posts: 577
Gold upgrade process

I'm a US2 that HP status matched to FF Gold. I just booked a 5 segment trip via Orbitz on HP. Its for September 29th & 30th so it will still be HP right? Anyway, I looked on the website and it said that the U/G procedure was automatic if booked via HP website but did not mention other websites. So, my question is this: Do I call in to the Gold Elite line to get in the que or will it pick me up automatically since the ticket included my FF #?
sassamanlaw is offline  
Old Sep 19, 05, 2:46 pm
  #2  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Frisco, TX
Programs: The Airline Run by Doug P
Posts: 17,935
Originally Posted by sassamanlaw
I'm a US2 that HP status matched to FF Gold. I just booked a 5 segment trip via Orbitz on HP. Its for September 29th & 30th so it will still be HP right? Anyway, I looked on the website and it said that the U/G procedure was automatic if booked via HP website but did not mention other websites. So, my question is this: Do I call in to the Gold Elite line to get in the que or will it pick me up automatically since the ticket included my FF #?
Yes, you'll be in auto upgrade system since you entered in your flight fund number. If you clear, it will be two days out (plat 3 days, silver, 1 day). What are your routings?

Ian
enviroian is online now  
Old Sep 19, 05, 5:42 pm
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Whitehall, PA, USA
Programs: HHonors Gold
Posts: 577
Originally Posted by enviroian
Yes, you'll be in auto upgrade system since you entered in your flight fund number. If you clear, it will be two days out (plat 3 days, silver, 1 day). What are your routings?

Ian
29th PHL-PHX-ABQ, 30th ABQ-PHX-LAS-PHL The last one is the redeye- ouch. Since the NEW USAirways begins the 1st, I wonder if the plane will stop at the body and fender shop enroute for a quick paint job.
sassamanlaw is offline  
Old Sep 19, 05, 7:43 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: san clemente ca
Programs: AA,DL
Posts: 374
ug some times they dont go thru.since you booked with orbitz,i would call the gold # on your card two days out. just to make sure. good luck
grbauctions is offline  
Old Sep 19, 05, 9:33 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Phoenix, Arizona/Spokane, Wa
Programs: AA EXP, AS MVP 75k, HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, National Executive Elite
Posts: 380
Originally Posted by sassamanlaw
Since the NEW USAirways begins the 1st, I wonder if the plane will stop at the body and fender shop enroute for a quick paint job.

Actually I am not sure that we have a firm date for the new US but it can be as early at September 27. You will probably want to watch and see.

I sure hope we soon learn what they are going to do on day one about upgrades for all the levels!

Jennifer
JenniferNAz is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread