Gold upgrade process

Old Sep 19, 05, 1:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Gold
Gold upgrade process

I'm a US2 that HP status matched to FF Gold. I just booked a 5 segment trip via Orbitz on HP. Its for September 29th & 30th so it will still be HP right? Anyway, I looked on the website and it said that the U/G procedure was automatic if booked via HP website but did not mention other websites. So, my question is this: Do I call in to the Gold Elite line to get in the que or will it pick me up automatically since the ticket included my FF #?
Old Sep 19, 05, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: The Airline Run by Doug P
Originally Posted by sassamanlaw
I'm a US2 that HP status matched to FF Gold. I just booked a 5 segment trip via Orbitz on HP. Its for September 29th & 30th so it will still be HP right? Anyway, I looked on the website and it said that the U/G procedure was automatic if booked via HP website but did not mention other websites. So, my question is this: Do I call in to the Gold Elite line to get in the que or will it pick me up automatically since the ticket included my FF #?
Yes, you'll be in auto upgrade system since you entered in your flight fund number. If you clear, it will be two days out (plat 3 days, silver, 1 day). What are your routings?

Ian
Old Sep 19, 05, 5:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by enviroian
Yes, you'll be in auto upgrade system since you entered in your flight fund number. If you clear, it will be two days out (plat 3 days, silver, 1 day). What are your routings?

Ian
29th PHL-PHX-ABQ, 30th ABQ-PHX-LAS-PHL The last one is the redeye- ouch. Since the NEW USAirways begins the 1st, I wonder if the plane will stop at the body and fender shop enroute for a quick paint job.
Old Sep 19, 05, 7:43 pm

Programs: AA,DL
ug some times they dont go thru.since you booked with orbitz,i would call the gold # on your card two days out. just to make sure. good luck
Old Sep 19, 05, 9:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVP 75k, HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by sassamanlaw
Since the NEW USAirways begins the 1st, I wonder if the plane will stop at the body and fender shop enroute for a quick paint job.

Actually I am not sure that we have a firm date for the new US but it can be as early at September 27. You will probably want to watch and see.

I sure hope we soon learn what they are going to do on day one about upgrades for all the levels!

Jennifer

Search this Thread