Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Elite Matching / Guest Program End of Year Cutoff Date?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2005, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Elite Matching / Guest Program End of Year Cutoff Date?

Hello,

I just got off the phone with FlightFund in the effort of trying to find the "cutoff date" for the Guest Program. Earlier it was reported on this board that if you sign up after some time in September, you will qualify through 2/28 2 years later - 2/28/2007. If you do this before the cutoff date, you will qualify through 2/28/2006.

The rep said there is no cutoff date. For these cases, it is a manual review on the account to decide whether they will give you another year (since you are unlikely to have qualified by the full-year rule).

Is she giving me the wrong info? (She even checked with someone.)

Also, does the same rule apply to elite matches?

Does anyone know if elite match is only good once in the life time of the account? (CO supposedly has this rule.)

Thanks.
Old Aug 20, 2005, 6:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

OK, I called again and talked to another rep. She checked also and came back and said there is no "cutoff date". She said all I need to do is to sign up for another challenge come 3/1 next year. Supposedly the limit is one signup per year.

I wonder if these things will change after the merger.
Old Sep 11, 2005, 1:48 am
lex

Programs: AA PLT, SPG PLT, Hhonors Diamond
I just faxxed in an AA GOLD to HP for a status match on Sept 4th. 2005 Was approved to HP SILVER only until 2/06. Is that correct?
Old Sep 19, 2005, 11:58 pm

Originally Posted by username
Does anyone know if elite match is only good once in the life time of the account? (CO supposedly has this rule.)
Anybody know the answer to the above question? If it is only once in a lifetime, if I can get a comp from America West in the next week or so (before the merger is final), the once in a lifetime comp for AWA will be null and void since the new airline will be USAIRWAYS, is my thinking correct? I would like to give the new combined airline a try due to the increased route network and an elite match would definitely give me a push in the right direction. BTW, I'd be matching from UA 1K which is another reason I would like to status match now before the merger because I hear it is difficult to get a status match from another Star Alliance carrier..........
Old Sep 20, 2005, 1:25 am

Programs: GSA City-Pair; emeritus AS MVPG/UA 1K/US Plat, etc.
Also on this subject...

I sure wish US would give us HP elites an automatic comp... I know it's just a week away from "merger" but I've got about 5,000 BIS miles on a US metal transcon starting Wednesday, LAX-PHL-ELM-PHL-LAS, connecting to HP LAS-OAK... and the only chance for an upgrade I have is on the LAS-OAK night flight No elite bonus either.

I know it'll all end up counting for elite status next year, but still...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.