Search

Two passengers with same name in F fiasco

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2005, 8:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines
Two passengers with same name in F fiasco

Flew F yesterday ORD-PHX (flew into ORD on BA CW) and something pretty interesting happened. I was sitting in 2C. There were two people with the exact same name (including middle initial) booked into the same F seat, 2A. To add to the confusion, they were flying on each other's FF number! They were both plats, as they quickly pulled out their cards and for a few minutes the f/a attendant had angst as she wasn't sure what to do. F was full. She calls in on the radio to the gate agent who needed a few minutes to figure out what to do. Then over the radio you could hear "put one of them into 2D" "Put the passenger sitting in 2D now back to 11C" He was not happy (nor would I be). The f/a attendant apologized, but told him that "you shouldn't have gotten this seat in the first place, but due to an error, you need to move back". He picked up his belongings and quietly moved back. I was expecting more drama, but it didn't unfold. We had the door closed in 5 mins and out on our way.
Old Sep 11, 2005, 9:02 am

Wow that is weird, but I have seen stuff like that before...though not quite an exact match like that.

My coworker was flying nonrev to MSP and when she got to LAS they had already cleared her a F class seat. When she got on board there was a guy in her seat. He had the same last name as her and apparantly came up to the counter when they called her name. He wasn't even supposed to be up there but there were plenty of seats open so she just took another one...thought that was funny!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.