Future of Short-haul awards?

Old Aug 29, 2005, 11:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: MSP raised, Elite since age 17
Future of Short-haul awards?

Any thoughts on the future of the 15k short haul awards? I have a few speculations, but I'll open it up to see what you guys think.
Old Aug 29, 2005, 11:43 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
A number of short-hauls are very big money makers for the current US, much more so than the current HP. Giving them away for 15K miles seems unlikely.

If you recall, HP added this when they raised the mileage requirement for the long-haul tickets from 20K to 25K, I believe done at the time to soften that blow. My bet is that this is one of the current Flight Fund benefits that goes away.
Old Sep 6, 2005, 11:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I really hope that does not go away - or somewhat stays (grandfathered) for existing FF miles. Many airlines (like UA and AA) do run periodical promptions for 15,000 shorthaul awards. Maybe that is what will happen.

For members who don't do their math and use the rewards on things like PHX-LAX, PHX-SFO and PHX-LAS, it is actually to HP's advantage.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.