Apply for US AIR Signature card now

Old Sep 6, 2005, 9:43 am
Original Poster

Arrow Apply for US AIR Signature card now ????

If you fly America West it would be very smart to apply for a Bank of America US Airways Signature Card now before the merger.

1. Low level Elite status get upgrades and other benifits
2. Bonus miles of 15,000 + another 10000 if you spend exceeds 25k
3. two $99.00 companion cert

None of the above benifits are available with any of the America West Credit cards.

http://www.bankofamerica.com/creditc...00599463928389

Last edited by Centurion; Sep 6, 2005 at 8:42 pm Reason: added question marks since other posters feel this is not that great of a deal and has problems and I agree with them.
Old Sep 6, 2005, 2:43 pm

Not Exactly

The upgrades have to be paid for, unlike the free upgrades for the elite.

The 10,000 bonus miles after 25,000 miles are preferred miles that count towards elite, no actual miles are added to your account, only 10,000 converted from miles to preferred miles. The 15,000 bonus miles are just miles also.

Originally Posted by Centurion
If you fly America West it would be very smart to apply for a Bank of America US Airways Signature Card now before the merger.

1. Low level Elite status get upgrades and other benifits
2. Bonus miles of 15,000 + another 10000 if you spend exceeds 25k
3. two $99.00 companion cert

None of the above benifits are available with any of the America West Credit cards.

http://www.bankofamerica.com/creditc...00599463928389
Old Sep 6, 2005, 3:40 pm

Programs: NetJets Marquis, Southwest Moo, Marriott Platinum
Thumbs down B of A Stinks!

But don't forget that BofA covers their tails more than any other bank. Out of town on travel and god forbid, use the BofA card for a hotel booking? You'll be hanging out at the front desk with a phone, on hold waiting to OK the charge with a BofA call center agent.

No thank you! I permanently dropped BofA for their poor customer focus!
Old Sep 6, 2005, 4:20 pm

Programs: AA Ex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by KevAZ
But don't forget that BofA covers their tails more than any other bank. Out of town on travel and god forbid, use the BofA card for a hotel booking? You'll be hanging out at the front desk with a phone, on hold waiting to OK the charge with a BofA call center agent.

I would only do it for the 15K miles for $90. I'm more than upset at BofA's lacking system for security. I still use my HP FF card but only for home type purchases.

Lance
Old Sep 6, 2005, 8:41 pm
Original Poster

I have to agree last time I was in Europe I tried three times to call BofA Visa security I was on hold forever and hung up each time. I had to email someone at BofA I knew on a personal basis and then call that person while late at night ( via skyp thank god$) from a ship to get my card unlocked from a fraud hold. Thank god for amex.
Old Sep 7, 2005, 8:38 am

Programs: UA P, Delta SL, US SL, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, IHG PL AMB, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat
I did apply and receive the BofA DM Signature card. I also have the BofA HP card. I will probably dump'em both when the new cards come out, depending on what BofA offers to do. I have never had any of the charging issues that others have mentioned and I frequently use my cards for rental cars and meals all over the country. Don't get overseas for business much anymore, but I think I have used the HP card in Europe with no problems in the past.
Old Sep 17, 2005, 2:10 pm

Programs: us cp, delta gold, marriott silver, hyatt gold, starwood gold.
According to a thread in the US forum the arrangement between BofA and US will be discontinued within the next year.
Old Sep 17, 2005, 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by Mhttoanywhere
According to a thread in the US forum the arrangement between BofA and US will be discontinued within the next year.
I'm pretty sure you're referring to this thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=460800

...it looks like Juniper Bank will issue the new Dividend Miles credit cards. I'd say its anyone's guess whether or not you should get the BoA card now - or wait. There is a decent possibility that Juniper will offer good promotions to attract BoA & new cardmembers, but there's also a chance that the new promotions might not be as attractive as the current one.

-Chris
Old Sep 23, 2005, 7:44 am

Programs: US dividend miles, Omni Select Guest, United Mplus
Exclamation

Bank Of America is one of our nations greatest and largest banks, for good reason. They have continously provided top quality service to usairways customers. The dividend miles sign. card is a great value, i got it about 5 months ago and the bennifits are amazing! BUT, in a year or so the new sponser for dividend miles will be Juniper bank, not boa if it makes any difference.
Old Sep 25, 2005, 2:28 am

The B of A visa realy stinks! From the time you get the bill in the mail you have less then 14 days to pay it! More like 10 days !!!
Old Sep 25, 2005, 10:40 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by usairwaysLamb
Bank Of America is one of our nations greatest and largest banks, for good reason. They have continously provided top quality service to usairways customers. . .
I wish I could say the same about my Bank of America experience with America West. I've found their service to be dreadful, especially for a frequent traveler. I don't know how many times (more than 10) over the past 2 or 3 years that I've been out of the country on a trip and my card gets locked down by their security department for "potentially fraudulent activity." I have to use another card, go back and call from the hotel -- same drill every single time. I've had multiple conversations with "a supervisor" about my travel patterns and needs in a card. I even tried advising them in advance that I'd be going to countries x, y & z over the next two weeks -- didn't matter. Nothing helped.

As Sydneyjb points out, the time window with which to pay it is ridiculously short. I have to watch that very closely if I'm on a long trip or 2 or 3 trips backed up against one another. It's very easy to miss the date.

In my view, if Juniper/Barklays offers comparable benefits, they can't be any worse than BA.
Old Sep 25, 2005, 11:54 am

Programs: AA Ex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver
When the whole security lockdown thing was happening to me week in and week out and I was berating a supervisor for locking me down again and mentioned I was just going to use my Hilton Amex and be done with this card for travel, he told me... "Oh yeah Amex does a much better job for travellers". Everyone I talked to at supervisor level knows they have a rigid security system but obviously can't do anything about it. I just didn't like calling for permission every time to leave the state. It was like asking my mommy if I could spend my own money elsewhere.

In regard to paying my bill all my cards seem to be about 15-20 days between dropping of the statement and my bill being due.

BofA HP: Drops on or about the 24th of the month and is due on the 12 or 13th usually.
Amex: Both my corporate and my Hilton Amex drop around the 15th and are due the 30th or the 1st of the month.
Other Visas are about the same so I wasn't really worried about a shortness of time as I usually use the website to update my financials and never wait fo the statement to reach me anyway.

Lance

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.