What's up with the fare on HP to anyplace? Outrageous

Old Sep 1, 2005, 3:44 pm

Programs: AA-EXP (1.7MM), BA-Slvr, HH-Diamond
Red face

The other big benefit for us was getting a 757 instead of getting crammed into MD80's
Coach in a 757 is no better than coach in a MD-80.

Assuming the fares are close, go with the airline that has the most flights per day to your destination.
... and can provide alternate routings.
Old Sep 1, 2005, 9:53 pm

Originally Posted by mac5192117
Well, I started this reply once and apparently lost it. So, You shouldn't be looking at non-stop vs changing planes. Look at how many flights a day the airline has to your destination. Recently, I got stuck in the Ft. Lauderdale airport for ELEVEN HOURS due to late flights and equipment problems. And HP only has one or two flights a day (can't remember now). If you think it's difficult dragging kids through an airport, I'm sure you will agree that long layovers are tough as well.

My advice. Assuming the fares are close, go with the airline that has the most flights per day to your destination.

By the way if you think MD-80's are cramped, try a Barbie Jet (RJ's) from Phoenix to Memphis, a little over three hours. It will make the MD-80 seem like a stateroom berth!!!

Safe Travels.
Non-stop flights are always more convienent than connections. HP's ontime performance is very good for mainline (not so good for Mesa) so that shouldn't be an issue. We are #2 so far for the year. Of course delays happen....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.